• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Closed | Archived Notifications Reappearing

• Thread starter DeletedUser10410
  • Start date

DeletedUser10410

Having issues where my notification bell, messages, Ancient Wonders and Inventory is reappearing with red notifications even after seen and cleared out. I have logged out and keep clearing them, but within a few minutes they reappear. Super annoying...

Solanix

Forum Moderator
Elvenar Team
@sixthmountain could you please make a ticket? If you have already made one, please wait for support to answer. Thank you

Gargon667

Mentor
Can we get a button to permanently delete a message thread we are not interested in please?

EdwardTrunk

Soothsayer
We already have one Gargon, simply click the X on the corner as this deletes the whole thread.
And if the message has been sent to the whole FS it reappears again whenever anyone subsequently posts to it. A recent Inno change to message handling I'm led to believe. Would be nice to have a way of really deleting such messages.

Last edited:

Pauly7

Magus
Yep, this seems to be a recent undocumented modification. For the most part it's a really good change, but then there's always other times when you really just have a good reason for wanting them gone. On balance though, I'll take the system where people get the deleted message threads back because we need to know that fellows are seeing group messages. Either that or AMs/Mages would need to be able to send a different sort of message which it isn't possible for people to erradicate the thread.

Stucon

Illusionist
Hmmmm! What about the people who accidentally delete a thread they need? A KP swap for example.
Not that I know anyone like that.

FieryArien

Necromancer
Hmmmm! What about the people who accidentally delete a thread they need? A KP swap for example.
Not that I know anyone like that.
Yes, that happens from time to time. The thread then needs to be created anew and the old one terminated. It’s quite rare, though. I’d say it happens less that the other case - people not interested in those KP swap thread wanting to get rid of them altogether in order not to be constantly bothered by the notifications ...

Gargon667

Mentor
We already have one Gargon, simply click the X on the corner as this deletes the whole thread.

yes we do, but with your last update you changed the fuctionality so that the message comes back every time someone replies, so I have to click delete over and over and over and it never stays away. So basically it does nothing at all. I can only delete messages that would otherwise disappear down the list by itself. While the ones that keep popping up i cannot get rid of at all.