• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

notification please

• Thread starter DeletedUser4149
  • Start date

DeletedUser4149

will someone please tell the game makers that their foreign players have no idea when they are going to change their clocks in whichever country the game makers come from and that it would be a little bit more considerate if they gave us a notification well before they change their clocks again? i think that would be the responsible way to run an international server. i lost a LOT of tournament rewards because i had no idea to even look for a 2nd time change in less than 4 weeks. we had one in the US a few weeks ago. i knew to expect a time change in my own country. elvenar should have known to expect one in their country well in advance too.

Deleted User - 1634960

The logical choice would be to set the clocks of Elvenar to UTC:
Coordinated Universal Time
(abbreviated to UTC) is the primary time standard by which the world regulates clocks and time. It is within about 1 second of mean solar time at 0° longitude,[1] and is not adjusted for daylight saving time. (Wikipedia)
The lack of summer adjustment would mean that players would only need to keep track of their own seasonal changes, which most of us do pretty easily, and not have to adjust for a time change half a world away.

m4rt1n

Adept
I agree, but last week the clocks of Elvenar were moved forward 1 hour, several days before CET moved forward to summer time, so in British terms, Elvenar clocks went from GMT to GMT+1, at least 5 days early.

@Rilian this is the first time in my playing here that Inno changed the games UTC time forward by one hour and I've been here several years. It's left many players puzzled. The main point being, they did it almost a week early on the european and british time change.

This thread made by @yo momma love me earlier this week has a lot more discussion on the UTC time change that Inno made to the game with no announcement. https://en.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/time-change.9831/

Last edited:

DeletedUser4149

The logical choice would be to set the clocks of Elvenar to UTC:

The lack of summer adjustment would mean that players would only need to keep track of their own seasonal changes, which most of us do pretty easily, and not have to adjust for a time change half a world away.
yes, can you please ask them to only use 1 system and to tell us if and when they are going to change their clocks?
it seems like a bad mistake to expect americans that were invited here on an international server to know when to expect a time change in germany and to have it mid-tournament, especially now that we have a lot of resources that decay at a certain hour

DeletedUser4149

this cost me a LOT of tournament rewards. it seems like someone blundered by changing them or at least by not telling players in other countries.
release notes are filled w/ less important info, like adding tooltips and minor graphics changes.

DeletedUser4149

In Europe we changed our clocks on sunday, from 2AM to 3PM. This is outside of the tournaments' timeframe, so it could not affect your participation in the taournament. As always, the timer showed exactly when a tournament round starts and ends.

Well Patrick, you said that this was due to daylight savings change... We just said that it wasn't, because the clocks changed when no tournament was on. If there was a change in tournament start and end, it wasn't because the clock change, and the ingame timers still showed the correct times for starting and ending. We checked all of our servers for this, not just the US server.

these were the posts i got back from elvenar's facebook page.
they are totally unaware of what happened
they didn't find the right facts when they looked
or they just weren't concerned enough about us foreign players to look in the first place.

DeletedUser4149

any explanation for what did cause this if it wasn't due to the clocks changing?
any idea why none of us players were notified?

Pauly7

Magus
this cost me a LOT of tournament rewards. it seems like someone blundered by changing them or at least by not telling players in other countries.
It's nothing to do with other countries. As far as I know the clocks change at the same time now across the whole of Europe and they still made this adjustment a week in advance.

My guess is (and we all try to fill in the blanks as any message from the game devs these days seems as likely as pigs flying) that this was nothing to do with daylight saving / British Summertime, etc. As @m4rt1n says, they've never done this before so I imagine that it was just some unintentional screw up. For the vast majority of us it probably made little or no difference, but I can imagine it being annoying if you lost a tournament round because of it.