• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Notice: All Ancient Wonders to become mandatory in version 1.11

• Thread starter Deleted User - 106219
  • Start date

Deleted User - 106219

From the release notes for version 1.11:
Technologies for the Ancient Wonders in Chapters II, III and V are now part of the core research tree and therefore mandatory to research
We'll likely get version 1.10 in a couple of days, and then version 1.11 in a couple of weeks. I figured it was a good idea to give advance warning, for people who do not read the Beta forum.

DeletedUser113

I think, i read that, that the Orc chapter cannot be accessed until these have been researched in the tech tree

Deleted User - 106219

Yes, that's what it means that they are to become "mandatory": You can no longer leave the technologies unresearched.

By the way, it was mentioned on Beta that the Tournaments technology will also become mandatory.

DeletedUser

Its somewhat worse than that, if you are already researching a later chapter and have an early AW which hasn't yet been researched your tree will be greyed out INCLUDING anything that you are currently working on but haven't finished/completed and you have to go back and do those AW researches.

pertm

Seeker
At least they can't stop you from not researching and use your kp on your own AWs either directly or indirectly via kp swap

DeletedUser3

Dear all,

The Ancient Wonders technologies (and indeed the Tournament technology) were always intended to be a core part of the research tree. There are technological reasons why they are introduced as 'dead end' researches, with no researches following directly on from them. This is so that should there be a major problem, such that the research needs to be temporarily removed from the research tree, this is a far simpler procedure if the research is a 'dead end' one that does not have any subsequent researches depending upon it, as opposed to one that does have other researches following directly from it.

DeletedUser2097

So if I am reading this right researching wonders is compulsory but building them is not is that correct? Play still have the fredom to only build those wonders that they want to?

DeletedUser

So if I am reading this right researching wonders is compulsory but building them is not is that correct? Play still have the fredom to only build those wonders that they want to?

Since it is not possible to build them all and build fairy/dwarven gear, I would certainly hope you are not required to build them..

DeletedUser1775

oh, joy. getting the runes you want will so much easier now that are 6 different kinds AW on top of the main 6. This will make the game so much more fun

Deleted User - 13667

Does not change the fact the research tree keeps going backwards. Its more like a circuit than a tree.

DeletedUser

Well lol, what with needing orcs to negotiate and hence being pretty much stuck until one has reached that part of the tech tree, it will take years to get ancient wonders without paying now XD

Deleted User - 13667

It is not rocket science.

New research items are constantly added to the early chapters of research, then made part of the critical path. If you do not complete them, you are forced to stop furthering your own chapter, for advance players it is normally at the last most updated chapter. With these new research, you are thereby forced to scroll backwards painfully, dump kp until the required, then research it before you can get back to where you are.

Same principle for the surveys. You cannot simply insist most agree with whatever you are saying because there are too many players who have never or no interest to vote. Elvenar programmers would never disclose their survey results which is likely more accurate since they shove it up your face when you login.

Without the logical thoughts and considerations for others, you will never get them. Getting tons of likes means nothing when the content itself is incorrect. Can you say "No lives matters" in the entire when war is raging in some part of the world? where hundreds, thousands are killed.

DeletedUser1775

It is not rocket science.

New research items are constantly added to the early chapters of research, then made part of the critical path. If you do not complete them, you are forced to stop furthering your own chapter, for advance players it is normally at the last most updated chapter. With these new research, you are thereby forced to scroll backwards painfully, dump kp until the required, then research it before you can get back to where you are.

Same principle for the surveys. You cannot simply insist most agree with whatever you are saying because there are too many players who have never or no interest to vote. Elvenar programmers would never disclose their survey results which is likely more accurate since they shove it up your face when you login.

Without the logical thoughts and considerations for others, you will never get them. Getting tons of likes means nothing when the content itself is incorrect. Can you say "No lives matters" in the entire when war is raging in some part of the world? where hundreds, thousands are killed.

You're right, they probably know that when push come to shove, rather than wait years to complete the rune (and i truly mean years, it took me almost a month to do my first Wonder when there was only 2 as opposed to 10), people will probably just buy them using diamonds.

You're right, they would probably have the data on this too.

It truly is not rocket science, but is a nasty move

Edited: Zanyah - 2015-07-23 - replaced an inappropriate word ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted User - 13667

Words of a wise gamer, Skattered.:D

I sure hope i am being Legendary enough here. LOL

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1925

Dear all,

The Ancient Wonders technologies (and indeed the Tournament technology) were always intended to be a core part of the research tree. There are technological reasons why they are introduced as 'dead end' researches, with no researches following directly on from them. This is so that should there be a major problem, such that the research needs to be temporarily removed from the research tree, this is a far simpler procedure if the research is a 'dead end' one that does not have any subsequent researches depending upon it, as opposed to one that does have other researches following directly from it.

If this was mean't for such core part of the research tree why this wasn't done in first "1.00" version?
Why research tree was branch-less at the start of the game?