• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

No Spire mystery chests

Geminatrix

Soothsayer
I can understand some kind of cooldown for fellowship changing (hopping sounds a bit too energetic) .. but would be REALLY helpful to get a warning BEFORE leaving a fellowship (especially since this is a new change) so the player has a choice before losing out (like the game used to do before FA's start etc)

Also .. 7 days cooldown seems a bit excessive as that sounds like there is no way to finish a spire in 1 fellowship and gain the event ending rewards and join another in time to gain fellowship rewards in the next event. I realise fellowship perks can make a big difference and perhaps encourage movement but that penalty seems excessive for someone joining a fellowship on sunday and completing the whole event to gain NO fellowship rewards. I don't know about most players but a minimised tab top left in spire with a tiny padlock doesnt exactly get my attention.

Does the same happen if a players exiled ? as that would really be a nasty thing to happen imo and nasty isnt what i play this game for

Sir Derf

Adept
Oh, the noes... I'm joining a Fellowship, what is presumed to be a long-term association, and I might not qualify for group benefits for the first week... so much the injustices.

Seriously, is this really such a big thing?

Geminatrix

Soothsayer
well .. you may find it ok to deal with injustice but so far I've found elvenar to work to avoid that. As I said before, a warning BEFORE you actually leave a fellowship that you will lose fellowship rewards in spire etc would be helpful and not that onerous to sort afaict. not all of us are trolls or brats looking for an advantage... some of us move to help our fellowship and some fellowships even group up. i dont know about you but i dont live on this game forum or avidly read all the stuff coming in thats changing... I play the game for enjoyment.

Solanix

Forum Moderator
Elvenar Team

Pauly7

Magus
Speaking of the Spire, has anyone noticed getting less DAs? I can go 2 or 3 Spires without seeing a single one.
That's always possible. If you're a bit unlucky over a few weeks with DAs then it can appear like something is wrong, but I think it's fine. A couple of weeks ago I had one city where I won 4 of them on one floor of the Spire.

CrazyWizard

Shaman
That's always possible. If you're a bit unlucky over a few weeks with DAs then it can appear like something is wrong, but I think it's fine. A couple of weeks ago I had one city where I won 4 of them on one floor of the Spire.
Indeed I am once again in a slump as well, have seen 1 DA in many weeks. but thats part of RNG. eventually it will be compensated by a double Da in a spire or a triple, or 3 weeks in a row a DA. somthing like that. it's not my first slump.

paulagor

Dreamer
I had a period like that when I would get 0 or just 1 MC per Spire for quite a while (maybe a month or a bit more, it was quite frustrating), then it got back to normal and I'd get at least 1 or 2 MC per Spire often more. So it can happen but shouldn't be something that happens all the time.

Last edited:

Sir Derf

Adept
Little internal chuckle... getting 1 MC per spire being placed in both sides of the feelings about normal spire behavior.

Aisling1

Conjurer
It has happened that I have gotten to stage 2 of the spire with no mystery chests. The rewards are often disappointing, e.g. enchantments for buildings I don't have or temporary buildings for tournaments, or more magic residences.. (the cost of upgrading them means that one or two are great but 8 is too many).
The cost is high, and I am lucky enough to be part of an FS that recognises that. Moderation on the spire is not a bad idea. Like the Fellowship Adventure, it's only real reward is bragging rights. The basic rewards, fragments and catalysts are often more profitably produced by disenchantments and producing in the MA.

CrazyWizard

Shaman
It has happened that I have gotten to stage 2 of the spire with no mystery chests. The rewards are often disappointing, e.g. enchantments for buildings I don't have or temporary buildings for tournaments, or more magic residences.. (the cost of upgrading them means that one or two are great but 8 is too many).
The cost is high, and I am lucky enough to be part of an FS that recognises that. Moderation on the spire is not a bad idea. Like the Fellowship Adventure, it's only real reward is bragging rights. The basic rewards, fragments and catalysts are often more profitably produced by disenchantments and producing in the MA.
There is a difference between ignorance and knowledge.
Yes the spire has some junk in it, nobody will deny that, but for that same reasoning every event is rubbish as there is always some junk into it.
Comparing the fellowship adventures to the spire means you havent recognised that that part of the game with the best rewards in the game is the spire.
Lets ignore the junk and look at what you can get:
  • 450 diamonds on average a week or ~£4 (in a gold fellowship)
  • About 2 weeks of timeboosters a week (in a gold fellowship)
  • Dwarven Armoury (about 1 every 2 weeks on the long term)
  • About 5 magic residences per year at 1400-2000 diamonds each(darn my luck sucks here I am way below average)
  • about 2 magic workshops per year at 1400-2000 diamonds each.
  • 23 CC to keep you crafting (in a gold fellowship)
  • Teleport Spells to make your game life so much easier
So it's all about the bragging rights as those prizes arent worth the effort.

Aisling1

Conjurer
Yes the spire has some junk in it, nobody will deny that, but for that same reasoning every event is rubbish as there is always some junk into it.
Comparing the fellowship adventures to the spire means you havent recognised that that part of the game with the best rewards in the game is the spire.
  • About 5 magic residences per year at 1400-2000 diamonds each(darn my luck sucks here I am way below average)

Aisling1

Conjurer
I hear you. But I'm not in a Gold Spire FS, I'm in an average, if ambitious one.. I'm not rubbishing the spire, just saying it's expensive - actually very expensive.. and that events are not keeping pace.. I now need the spire for time boosters, because I cannot afford to spend relics creating MM spells. etc. And all your stats are for a top 20 level FS.. there are many of us in the second tier that are playing but hanging in there..
It's not ignorance, CW, Pauly... it's worn out average player talking.
Spire.. may be cool, but it's seriously expensive.. recent events.. not worth breaking your neck for, and learn to fragment prizes.. okay?
And the diamonds I need to spend, to get by the junk.. I don't have it, and I'm sick of junk..

Laurelin

Sorcerer
Well, I finally can't resist having a good moan on this topic! I agree that the incidence of Spire Mystery Chests is unbalanced not only on a player-to-player basis, but also in terms of the type of Chest which spawns, if any do at all (I've had a few zero-Chest weeks). I once actually kept records of my Spire results, for around six months, and over 90% of the Chests were Blue, with even those appearing during that time occurring at the average rate of fewer than three per Spire (and nothing's noticeably changed since I grew bored with the record-keeping endeavour and gave it up).

Also, according to Forum Spire wisdom, I must be due up the world's longest and best lucky streak in the Spire. Since it was introduced, I have won:

- A TOTAL of eight Dwarven Armourers (which I need only for - you guessed it - the Spire, since I can manage the Tournament alone without them);
- A TOTAL of five Genies (which return about as many Diamonds as I spend on winning them - too many Diplomacy re-tries are too Resource-costly);
- Uncounted (but at least a dozen) Trading Stations, which I don't use and immediately Disenchant because even looking at them annoys me;
- A TOTAL of four Magic Residences;
- A total of ZERO Magic Workshops;
- A total of ONE actually useful (to me) Artifact (but up to SIX of those types I actively don't want - although 1-3 of each type is my overall average);
- Not enough Fragments even to fully support my Crafting (yes, I know, this is mathematically probable/inevitable, but still, it's annoying);
- About as many Time Boosters as I spend, mostly on Crafting (50/50 for utility reasons / in order to gain more chances at the Mystery Object) and on rushing the Spire itself (yes, the irony is there) to make it align with my (also below-average in number) 5-day Combat Boosters and limited online time, as well as speeding up Troops and Goods manufacture - often, and just as ironically, in order to recoup Spire-caused losses of same;
- Many Portal Profits, which I rarely use because I prefer to play slowly, so I now have a large stockpile (the PPs from Bosses are hateful!); and
- A giant pile of Coin Rains (my least-valuable Resource) and Supply Instants (at least those help to pay for the Troops lost in winning them... grrr).

When the Spire Chests, including the Blue type, used to contain parts of the Moonstone Set, I did win enough Moonstone Set pieces, in particular, to make it true - for me - that the Spire as a whole was just about worth the effort I put in, which has been consistently to complete two floors per week, with the odd week of completing all three floors in support of Fellowship 'Gold Spire push weeks' (maybe once per 5-6 weeks). NB : In advance of the predictable objection that therein lies my problem/mistake (i.e. not completing all three floors every week), may I just mention that I find this to be unsustainable because most full completions of the Spire cost me more Troops than I can replace in a week and/or more Goods/Resources than I can replace in over a week (plus : not a single 'best' [in my opinion] prize yet from Floor 3 Boss). However, now that Blue Chests contain [at best, IMO] 3 x Combining Catalysts, my overall Spire rewards are without doubt heavily outweighed by the cost and effort of earning them.

I do own one Magic Workshop and more than four Magic Residences, but those extras have been bought using Diamonds won from the Crafting Mystery Object. My average performance on this front was formerly near enough exactly on the mathematical average (and I Craft a lot, so I've stockpiled a few thousand Diamonds that way), although I'm naturally going to add to the general bonhomie and good cheer of this post by also bringing up the recent overall 45% nerf to the future chances of my continuing to win decent amounts of Diamonds in this way... oh, happy days! /s

On top of all this, I find Combat in Elvenar to be exceedingly dull (and that's being polite), so I don't even enjoy the actual process of Spire attempts.

@Aisling1 : I share your view on the very high cost of the Spire. I'm also personally a little weary of hearing, both here and in-game, about (a) other players' lucky Spire wins (saintly, I'm not) - and/or (b) how I only need to wait for my own 'lucky streak' to make up for my apparently (?) permanent run of what must surely be, if this Forum is an accurate reflection of the average player's Spire RNG experience*, truly legendary bad abysmal luck.

* ... which I doubt; I'd say most average (i.e. non-Fourm-visiting) players lack the knowledge, time, Combat skill, and/or Resources to do much Spire at all.

I'm currently in early Halflings, so perhaps I will find the Spire more feasible - and thus more rewarding - when I finally acquire the full range of 3* Troops and/or when I have played for so long that I manage to accrue the kind of Goods stockpiles (in the multi-millions) of which many late-game Spire aficionados speak. But until then, I must say that I absolutely hate the Spire - and back on-topic, if I see one more Blue Chest, I will probably scream (if anyone's still reading this, I see a Gold or Purple Chest maybe once every two weeks - and of those, the majority give me yet another PP).

All in all : from my own 'Bah, Humbug!' perspective, and notwithstanding the consequent loss of Time Boosters and Fragments (and a few Diamonds) which would result, the Spire's welcome to immediately disappear back to FoE - and stay there, this time!

CrazyWizard

Shaman
I hear you. But I'm not in a Gold Spire FS, I'm in an average, if ambitious one.. I'm not rubbishing the spire, just saying it's expensive - actually very expensive.. and that events are not keeping pace.. I now need the spire for time boosters, because I cannot afford to spend relics creating MM spells. etc. And all your stats are for a top 20 level FS.. there are many of us in the second tier that are playing but hanging in there..
It's not ignorance, CW, Pauly... it's worn out average player talking.
Spire.. may be cool, but it's seriously expensive.. recent events.. not worth breaking your neck for, and learn to fragment prizes.. okay?
And the diamonds I need to spend, to get by the junk.. I don't have it, and I'm sick of junk..
I you find diplomacy to diuifficult try fighting and combine it with your tournament (sharing combat buildings)
It will cost you some of the timeboosters but it's easyer.

Yes if you are not supported by your fellowship in the spire the gains are much much lower. and it could be that it's not worth it.
For me that would be the point where I would switch fellowships.

As for spending diamonds, I barely do that in the spire maybe 25 per week? (last boss if he is too annoying)
the option to refuse and start over is always there.

@Laurelin so the spire has given you at least 4x2000 diamonds.

I am thrifty, and the spire have given me at least (playing 2 worlds) a 100.000 diamonds since it's introduction.
Outside the few hundred diamonds you get in the tech tree the only solution would be to spend the cash instead.

Thats a minimum of 500 pound/euro/dollar cash.
I could sit on a pile of goods or sit on a pile of troops or I could use it to aquire it for diamonds gains the only freemium alternative