• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered No Event Building Upgrades

DeletedUser2437

I couldn't find anything for this on the forums. Which is unsurprising since it can't actually be a problem yet. So the way the game works is that as a city continues to develop and players get access to new culture buildings, the older ones that are less efficient get demolished to make room for better ones. Culture buildings have no upgrades and therefore no reason to keep them beyond their usefulness. I'm fine with this.
My concern is: Are the special holiday event buildings ever going to have upgraded forms on subsequent years? I am asking because they do this on Forge of Empires which I played before switching to Elvenar (and never looked back). It hasn't even been a year since the first holiday event but I am starting to outgrow some of the first buildings I got from events and I want to know if it would be worthwhile to keep them around for a more powerful version or if I can comfortably demolish any and all old culture buildings as soon as they pass their prime. Hope I have explained this clearly...
Does the Elvenar team plan to have annually improving event buildings? (like FoE)
I am not opposed to either answer I just want to know.

DeletedUser3097

Thank you for your post @TheokGrundor. I certainly can't recall reading any posts about this. There was a hint in the Q and A video about a new event happening in the not so distant future so this is definitely an upcoming hot topic.

Does the Elvenar team plan to have annually improving event buildings?

There are no plans for this at the moment. I know I, for one, don't want to destroy my event buildings as they are special and unique but then again space is limited and needs to be optimised.

Perhaps you, or others, might have some suggestions about how event buildings could develop in the future.

DeletedUser3032

Maybe they should give a badge/achievement/avatar for gaining each event building as well (which you can show off to other players). Just to show that you completed the event and got the buildings. Then you will always remember those buildings even after deleting them :)

DeletedUser2437

Well if the game keeps track of which quests have been completed, then any potential improved buildings added in later years could simply offer the next higher tier to the ones we unlocked previously. Aside from that, I really hope we don't need the old building to get newer/better ones a year later. Culture buildings are specifically devoid of upgrades as a rule. This fact makes it easy on the psyche to remove them when the time comes, and in many cases I use the space they free up upon deletion to reorganize my city for the next chapter.
I admit I am the kind of player who made my own spreadsheets to determine when buildings have become inefficient and I also make use of Elven Architect to plan layouts for the changes in the coming chapters. But its always nice to know that I have structures I can remove and replace without spending 8+ days and multiple check-ins restoring a residence all the way to level 19...

DeletedUser1345

Or maybe a "museum" - which occupies just 1x1 space ( because it contains a staircase which leads underground ) - where old buildings can be stored, and from which possibly even restored to the city proper, should they ever become useful again. ;)

DeletedUser3034

I like the museum idea, but it would have to be one way, no removal. Else it'd get used as temp storage for city rejuggling

DeletedUser1829

the common expectation is blueprints may serve this purpose in the future but that is pure speculation.

DeletedUser2437

I would honestly prefer they not have a large impact future town development. If players want to keep their buildings perhaps a seasonal storage mechanism is in order? You don't expect a real town to keep it Halloween decorations up year round after all.Allow event buildings to be repacked into a special medium but unable to be placed back into towns outside of their "season". This would allow towns to accumulate seasonal flair for those who enjoy having beautiful towns without severely affecting efficiency. That might require certain events like Valentines and Halloween to create new buildings for each annual event though.
Edit: Such a system should only apply to special quest rewards and grand prizes, not any of the mass producible structures received from boxes. Those should have to be re-acquired through their existing mechanism.

DeletedUser1874

I feel that with the space limitations this is a rather big concern for new and old players alike.
I like the museum idea. I'd love to be able to upgrade seasonal items via blueprints / diamonds in order to keep some without hindering my efficiency; not only the art is very pleasing to the eyes and contributes to adding variety to the city as a whole, but they act as a reminder of "achievements" past, especially when it comes to the tiered rewards.
I also feel that newer players are the most punished by the current systems, because with the rewards not scaling they'd get to keep those building for a not-quite-satisfying amount of time before having to tear them down or keep them at the cost of them being just an economy disadvantage. This may matter somehow less for people in the 2 latest chapters or so, but is still a concern, especially with the orc and mana requirements.