• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Night and Day cycle

DeletedUser7467

Hi, not sure if this has been posted before (I had a search).

But a day/night cycle would be nice. Some of these buildings would look spectacular at night. Can make it so that each real minute passing = 1 hour passing, much like a lot of popular video games.

m4rt1n

Adept
Would be nice to have sunset, night and sunrise, even a little weather on occasions.
I'm surprised the current dusting of snow has lasted so long given the sun shines currently 24/7.

I like the idea of day and night, it could possibly be phased with timezone reality across the many different worlds. :)

DeletedUser7533

Our poor, beleaguered artist would be plagued with a whole new plethora of lighting issues. Whatever route would be taken would necessitate whole realms of art being redone, new tech being implemented, and (quite possibly) years of study being completed. The poor guy is probably already kept on a chain in a cage underground somewhere and only fed when art is produced.

You do want new content someday, don't you?

Pauly7

Magus
That would be awesome! I'm not sure if it's possible, but it would still be great.

Changing weather would equally be cool. I wouldn't even mind all this snow if I knew it would go away after a bit. After all we're now playing the Spring event and the snow is still there around my city. For any of this weather to look legit, though, it would need to be applied to the whole city, not just snow surrounding my hot springs weather bubble town for nearly 6 months of the year.

DeletedUser7467

Our poor, beleaguered artist would be plagued with a whole new plethora of lighting issues. Whatever route would be taken would necessitate whole realms of art being redone, new tech being implemented, and (quite possibly) years of study being completed. The poor guy is probably already kept on a chain in a cage underground somewhere and only fed when art is produced.

You do want new content someday, don't you?
Surely, it's just a matter of the programmer turning down the brightness dial?

Jokes..

Yeah, realise that it's a tad more difficult than that. I'm assuming that they use a standard, industry recognised graphics program to develop their graphics. They seem to be 2D objects that were rendered (using light) from 3D objects. So, it actually wouldn't be too difficult to render with different levels of light. The main difficulty (which wouldn't be too difficult) is updating the engine to allow for day/night cycles and then draw the applicable pre-rendered artwork.