• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Communication NH - There's a Missing Feature.

• Thread starter DeletedUser2863
  • Start date

Do we need this?

• Yes, it would be great!

Votes: 26 78.8%
  • Sure, I don't mind.

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • No, it would be terrible.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't really care.

Votes: 3 9.1%

• Total voters

DeletedUser2863

I'm feeling strongly against the 20 votes rule. Popular ideas that have no chance with the devs, like "Rotate buildings pls" or other stuff that'd make the game easier, would get the votes easier, while perhaps more thought-through suggestions with real substance would whizz past the crowd.

Also, I feel like this thread has gone off-topic. Perhaps a split is in order?

DeletedUser3032

@gandolfus

There is a distinct difference in the notifications of those we can help, who we have helped or cannot help.

Those we have helped / cannot help have the same icon. < why would we want to visit them, your looking through notifications for those you can visit and help. Next!!!!!
Those we can help. < these are the ones we want to visit. The icon indicates this. DISCOVERED! FS MEMBER!

Remember your crawling through the notifications to give help, does it matter if they are FS members or not. They have helped you by trades or giving NH.

Using the notifications to give NH to those who have given you NH or traded means they are in your discovered area or in your FS. You do not need to see the information displayed saying 'Relationship: discovered/fellow' < we know this! :)

Those who have traded or given NH with you who are outside your discovered area will only ever have the visit icon so you can't help them either.

IF you are just using notifications to solely give NH to fellowship members who have traded or given you NH, this is pretty lame. Give them all it, there is only 25 max. Also, you see the same icons in the list of members!!

IF we get something like this implemented those who are not in your discovered area will not have the 3 icons where they want NH as this is pointless as you cannot give it. So the 'relationship: undiscovered' can remain on those.

Can help. In fellowship or discovered.
help2.png
help3.png

Cannot help. Already done or not discovered.
help4.png

@Jimlun
Dont know if you watched but Inno had a live question + answer session the other day. The amount of people asking about building rotation was quite substantial however they were preoccupied talking about unicorns half the time. < where do people come up with this? surely this would be one of the least important things for such a rare Q+A session.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3034

You presume to know how I play, and I will say you are far from right.
Several times a day ( up to every hour) I go through the notifications, and give help to any who have hands. Please note, the hands don't indicate whether fellow or neighbor just that help is possible.
At a preset time toward the end of my play day, I crawl the hood and use FS list to pick up any left out.

As to the "we know this", not true. New fellows need time to learn who is or isn't in the FS. Old folk like me have trouble remembering at times.

Perhaps removing that info suits YOUR style of play, but that hardly makes it good or appropriate for everyone. And the idea of proposing suggestions is to improve the game for all, not just those who play as we do.

DeletedUser3032

You presume to know how I play, and I will say you are far from right.
Several times a day ( up to every hour) I go through the notifications, and give help to any who have hands. Please note, the hands don't indicate whether fellow or neighbor just that help is possible.

Hands do INFACT mean they are a fellow or neighbor THAT you can help. You CANNOT help anyone else regardless so that means 100% they are in your FS or a neighbor!!! You DO NOT see hands on any other notification from players who are not in these categories!

I go through notifications all the time and I always help those I have not already. So are you. This means your giving help to everyone who helps you. So does it matter if they are in your FS or not... no it doesn't. Your visiting and helping them regardless so if you do not know if they are in the FS it doesn't matter 1 bit. The notifications you receive without the hand icon are only useful to see who is active outside of your discovered area unless it's someone you have already helped. You cannot repay undiscovered players if they help you.

Perhaps removing that info suits YOUR style of play, but that hardly makes it good or appropriate for everyone. And the idea of proposing suggestions is to improve the game for all, not just those who play as we do.

Removing that section of text doesn't affect the game play or style of play, it does not influence anything. Deleting a culture building affects things not text LOL. If you click every gold hand and then check to see if they FS members before helping thats just wasting time and effort if your only helping FS members. There would be no need to use the notifications to play like this. People would use the members list.

So you help everyone from notifications + FS list, so how does this little bit of text saying fellow or discovered help in your style of play??? From what you have wrote it doesn't as your helping them regardless.....

I'm interested in how this fellow/discovered text dictates your decision making and your style of play?? Please start a new thread if you wanna discuss this. Title it "How does the Relation information dictate your game style?'

No change is suited to all players. Look at the Wholesaler for example!

It's a suggestion thread for displaying icons for NH and nothing more. We are here to suggest and improve the idea which the thread is about. Playing style does not come into it.

I've inputted a suggestion on where this info can be placed on the game replacing something else. If you have another place it could be displayed please post it but nothing else to belittle other ideas and improvements. Anything else does not help.

The idea behind it is that it may not be possible to place the help icons below the city name. So where there is other text already displayed in the game this makes this area a viable position to display the icons there.

So lets keep this to topic. If you wanna talk about gaming styles start a new thread!

DeletedUser3034

Saying that I find the info you'd see removed useful, is most certainly on topic.

Rather than accept the fact I have use for it, you write page after page arguing, rather than consider (as you suggested in the area just above the item in question) a line break and addition of your data.

And, the suggestion I belittled any of your ideas is rather antagonistic, and unjustified.

DeletedUser3032

I'm not arguing with you it does not help and is not needed here. Your game style is different to everyone else as is mine. Losing in game things such as buildings or changes to the wholesale would influence game style, but we'd adapt. Text which does not actually make anything useful like resources is least influential in peoples game play, but IF they were to replace the text, guess what... We'd adapt!

Not even a couple of hrs old, not even been passed to the devs and it's as if it been changed in game already and your really annoyed by it :) lol

If the text replacement is bad idea for you, it doesn't mean 100% of us would be affected. Like I said you cant please everyone. Please if you know of a better place please post it here!

Please reply and let me know what you use this text for and how it's useful??

I and many others must be missing a mountain load of free diamonds or something to make it useful???

DeletedUser3034

If the text replacement is bad idea for you, it doesn't mean 100% of us would be affected. Like I said you cant please everyone. Please if you know of a better place please post it here!

Obviously, you don't read what I post, just react....
Rather than accept the fact I have use for it, you write page after page arguing, rather than consider (as you suggested in the area just above the item in question) a line break and addition of your data.

Please reply and let me know what you use this text for and how it's useful??

I don't need to justify my style of play to you.

Not even a couple of hrs old, not even been passed to the devs and it's as if it been changed in game already and your really annoyed by it :) lol

My response to your suggestion...look how annoyed it seems.
This is not quite correct, as many use notifications to give help before the FS list and hood crawling :)

And so I repeat:

DeletedUser3032

I have also said if it was not possible to do it that way. BUT regardless to this the more places suggested will just add to the suggested idea. The line break thing is HOW it would be done in Jimlun way. That is not my suggestion, I've just added constructive input on how it's achieved.

"I don't need to justify my style of play to you."

That I have not done. I've asked how it is useful that is not a style of play..? A style of play is like I have 10 planks manufactories and set to 9hrs. But you have 6 and restart them every 3hrs to produce the same for example. Telling the world why it is useful will open peoples eyes unless your just using this to have a argument.

I've sent you a PM if you wanna carry on discussing this as it's not adding to the thread and development of the idea.

DeletedUser3034

I stated I find it useful. That is a FACT. I find it useful. You have continuously attacked that simple statement, rather than looking for middle grounds.

When you asked me for an alternative and I suggest a line break, you waltz past that with "That is not my suggestion". You are not open to anything but your initial post, so I leave you argue with yourself.

DeletedUser3032

I have repeatedly asked you how it's useful and you blank the question. Middle ground would be you answering it then I could go 'Ah I never thought of that'. But you have not stated why it is useful, and therefore is not helping this discussion on the simple idea. I should think it does not make your decision whether to help in culture or give coins to MH?? If you gave a reason how it is useful then the 'idea' of replacing the Relationship text would be long dead and buried.

Your reading the post wrong buddy.

Your opinion is that Jimluns idea where it goes is best. The line break is not an idea or suggestion, it's how Jimluns idea would be done that is all, which is what I just said and when I posted it originally. < I added input to the brilliant suggestion of Jimlun thread on how it's achieved.

My suggestion is actually remove the Relationship text and replace with the same icons.

Look at it this way. If they could add another line of text or images under the city name, they may spill over the borders of the other graphics for example. If it's at all possible for them to do this. The line break may not even work. It may have to be a complete new box to hold text and images.

Something which can hold text + images already is the ideal replacement area. If Jimluns placement is not achievable. They wont remove the cities name!

Games like this have templates for every aspect, including events. So graphical wise not much will change so no new boxes, extensions of the area around the city name are unlikely to be altered to incorporate icons. So in most cases thing gets replaced which are less important and or less essential. That's what my suggestion is based on as it's more realistic but less pleasing for you and whoever else pays attention to relationship status on every visit..

Thats why I have sent you a PM to get this 'useful' reason from you. It's off topic.

DeletedUser3034

Your opinion is that Jimluns idea where it goes is best
I have yet to state my opinion, nice to have a mind reader in the house. I stated I liked his sign, and concept, but NEVER said anything was best. I still like his sign, it's an aesthetically pleasing work. but in the shield is also a good place for info.

And just to put it to rest, the text we discuss helps me decide while I'm visiting someone, whether to click the FS shield there, or go home to re-open notifications. nd, I do use the info for that.

Granting you may be right on the template thing, a comparison between your "village/personal" thing in the upper left, and that of someone you visit, indicates the fiel in question can handle text as well as graphics. So, a line break after the existing text should work easily.

DeletedUser3032

And just to put it to rest, the text we discuss helps me decide while I'm visiting someone, whether to click the FS shield there, or go home to re-open notifications. nd, I do use the info for that.

FINALLY WAHOOO! I asked several people and thats the only reason 1 person came up with. It's not a game changer though if this was lost.

Granting you may be right on the template thing, a comparison between your "village/personal" thing in the upper left, and that of someone you visit, indicates the fiel in question can handle text as well as graphics. So, a line break after the existing text should work easily.

The problem is where there is text now it's likely not expandable to include MORE information as the background images are set sizes and it would cause things to go other borders etc. That's why replacement of something is the way it's more than likely going to happen if at all. You can see all the individual templates + graphics using your browser as they load up. Yes they could stretch the graphics using width and heights but it would look awful and everything else then would need altering to fit.

Aisling1

Conjurer
I used to have a neighbour that would only give help by giving coins to main hall. He was a nice guy and we used to message each other a bit. I asked him why he would not give help any other way except giving coins and he said that when you visit a city the main hall is always in the centre of the screen so to save time he just clicked on that instead of searching for culture buildings and also that the builders hut could be hard to find. If players had culture buildings right next to the main hall he would click on them but he would not search for them or the builders hut. He left the game after the battle revamp and could not win fights anymore. My point is that the player might not be deliberately giving a 3rd choice of help to try and tell you something but they are just saving a little time, also some players might not look to see what help you would like and just give what they want to give.
I hear you, but honestly. they keep visiting and keep hitting and don't miss and it's last choice every time... that's a message.. there are a lot of non communicative, left of field players out there who know what they're doing and if that is happening, (we all know we're directed to the MH first, we all know to place high culture and or builders close... if we don't, there's a reason for it) - then they're trying to tell you something.. check your trades!!!

DeletedUser3034

It's not a game changer though if this was lost.

Again, not a game changer to you. If it affects the way a player plays, it is a game changer. Part of the definition of change.
Game breaker - no. Crippler - no.

The problem is where there is text now it's likely not expandable to include MORE information as the background images are set sizes and it would cause things to go other borders etc. That's why replacement of something is the way it's more than likely going to happen if at all. You can see all the individual templates + graphics using your browser as they load up. Yes they could stretch the graphics using width and heights but it would look awful and everything else then would need altering to fit.

Then use that meaningless score area when visiting to display the info. Most assuredly "not a game changer". Many don't care about score at all, and in your reasoning, if you've visited to provide help, surely you won't adjust the help based on score?

Timneh

Artisan
the text we discuss helps me decide while I'm visiting someone, whether to click the FS shield there, or go home to re-open notifications. nd, I do use the info for that.

You could start your NH with all your fellows in your fellowship by clicking the FS shield and work your way through the list and then you know that you just need to keep clicking the shield until you have done all the FS. When FS is complete go back to your city and then click on notifications to help neighbours.
You might have a reason for doing your NH the way you do and you are of course entitled to do it any way you wish to but the way i have just described is a way that would mean you do not need to check the relationship status in each city. It is the way i do my NH and works very well (for me). I used to do it in a similar way to you but find my new way easier.

DeletedUser3032

Then use that meaningless score area when visiting to display the info. Most assuredly "not a game changer". Many don't care about score at all, and in your reasoning, if you've visited to provide help, surely you won't adjust the help based on score?

LOL are you for REAL? Please think about your suggestion before even mentioning it.

This opens up another can of worms.

I'd like to see Inno comment on this post. Removing displayed score would mean there is no need for leaderboards. So that idea messes with other parts of the game. Scores/leaderboards is the last thing they would remove as it affects the whole game. The idea of it is to make people work harder to get to the top. Every game has a leaderboard. Whether you are competitive or not the leader board is far more important than 'relationship' status.

Leaderboards are meant to drive people and show progression. They are not just there to get to number 1 so you can shout 'Im number 1!!! I'm better than you!!!!' in a childish voice.

If there was no 'relationship' status text, you'd click the shield button by mistake while on a NON fellows city. Big WOOP. < not killed ya. Click the home button. No negative impact to game. Just you and everyone else clicking a wrong button from time to time.

Your score may not influence or affect you. But your score affects every person.
Relationships status doesn't affect you or others. It just makes you click the home button instead of the shield button.

Here.
People see your score and want to better you, in FS or not. < beneficial.
People don't see your score at all. < no challenge.

You see fellow/discovered. < helps you decide whether to click the shield or home button.
You don't see fellow/discovered. < Makes you click the wrong button!! Big woop!!

Everyone helps the same way (click, click and click), it's not just you and we all click the wrong button sometimes regardless of the text fellow/discovered. If your don't then your obviously perfect.

You see the difference. It's logical score > relationship.

AND just to point out, I do not care about leaderboards. They are pointless in my eyes. But there is a need for them. So they will never go. Regardless of peoples opinions.

IF you want to carry this on PLEASE REPLY to private messages. I is not racist I is technical, logical and practical.

@Dizzy Lizzie
I'm trying my best to get this off here. But it isn't working!

DeletedUser3034

Again, you cannot read what is written. I suggested that as a place to display info WHILE visiting, never never never did I mention removing it. Of course people value their rank.

But obviously, you have a problem with me. You asked for alternatives, I offered 2, and get these full page scathing replies. You misrepresent my words, and yes, I AM FOR REAL.

DeletedUser3032

Again, you cannot read what is written. I suggested that as a place to display info WHILE visiting, never never never did I mention removing it. Of course people value their rank.
SERIOUSLY READ THE POSTS!!!

I've already told you adding more info to whatever is displayed already is not answer it will not work because of graphics.

1. Remove score / relationship, replace with icons. Score is more beneficial to see. < would work
2. Keep score, add icons below. < if they can do that then they would have the icons below city name. It looks better up there.

You are making this idea / problem personal so stop please your just arguing for the sake of it. If this is what you want reply to the message i sent yesterday. Keep this rubbish off a constructed thread.