• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered NH on hungry buildings

Jake65

Sage
Just trying to get my brain ducks in a row....
As I understand it, NH on culture buildings only gives a culture boost if the building has an EE spell on it. (please correct me if I'm wrong)
Buildings that can be fed (Winter Owl, Fire Phoenix, etc) can't receive an EE spell so is NH on these buildings ineffective in terms of boosting culture?

Herodite

Forum mod extraordinaire
Elvenar Team
Hi @Jake65 That's a No... and a No! :D

To receive a Culture Bonus the building just needs to be in the way to receive the NH :) (and this includes your Pet Buildings)

As it shows below!! (No effects have been placed on this Building other than that of NH)

NH Culture Bonus.png

Last edited:

Jake65

Sage
Hi @Jake65 That's a No... and a No! :D

To receive a Culture Bonus the building just needs to be in the way to receive the NH :) (and this includes your Pet Buildings)

As it shows below!! (No other effects have been placed on this Building other than that of NH)

View attachment 6675
Thank you and thank you :D
Ducks in a row, now to get them walking in the same direction...
Is EE only needed to get the culture boost past 170%

Sir Derf

Adept
Yes, it is.

Without EE, the 4 Culture Bonus Levels give 125%, 150%, 160% and 170% Production Boost. You can have a city with low required Culture, and a shantytown of 100s of Lava Codexes, and thus have Excess Culture many times over your Required Culture level, and the best you can do is get to Culture Bonus Level 4 and 170% Production Boost. NH without EE will increase the Culture the building provides, making it easier to achieve the various Culture Bonus Levels, but those levels will still only provide 125%, 150%, 160% or 170% Production Boost.

With EE, you get an increase in the Production Boost itself. My city currently receives +7% Production Boost per NHed EEed building. I currently have 9 of those buildings, adding 63% Production Boost to each Culture Bonus Level. Culture Bonus Level 1 now gives 125% + 63% = 188%.

Silly Bubbles

Necromancer
Just one more little thing to remember. EE spells only count when you reach 125% culture bonus and over. So there's no point using them when your culture is below that, it's a waste.

Jake65

Sage
Just one more little thing to remember. EE spells only count when you reach 125% culture bonus and over. So there's no point using them when your culture is below that, it's a waste.
Thanks, I didn't know that.
Always learning :)

schadenfreude

Enchanter
I was waiting for that one! This forum never disappoints! ;):D
Need 4M mana suddenly? No problem! Cover your city in a smog of sparkles until all your residents have respiratory problems. They can visit your Twilight Phoenix for free healthcare.