• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered NH culture "value"

Jake65

Sage
When giving or receiving NH, is the culture building shown the highest value available at the time for polishing or just a random choice by RNG?

m4rt1n

Adept
Does this "highest" calculation include use of the Lighthouse of good Neighborhood for mana production culture buildings?

Sir Derf

Adept
I can answer this with a resounding probably not. In my city, smaller but higher Culture expiring buildings were getting buffed before larger but lower Culture Mana producers. Which I hadn't paid thought about when I put all my expiring buildings in when I finished my most recent chapter, at the same time I first placed my current crop of Mana producers and my Lighthouse. So, I haven't been able to really benefit from that aspect of the Lighthouse yet. Thankfully, my Goddesses of Wishes have all expired, so hopefully my Lava Eggs will start seeing some reliable love.

kimkimkim

Summoner
Does this "highest" calculation include use of the Lighthouse of good Neighborhood for mana production culture buildings?
I would have to agree with @Sir Derf .....I presume the highest would be considered the base culture without any wonders being involved but of course if we ask nicely, maybe a mod, @Herodite , could give a resounding answer

Sir Derf

Adept
Then I believe you misunderstood what I was proposing...

I was not describing that a player be able to generate a custom queue of which buildings visiting neighbors be shown for them to bestow NH on. Nor was I describing a list seen when you are trying to bestow NH on a neighbor's city. Both of which might be interesting.

I was describing an interface that would allow a player who is trying to cast Ensorcelled Endowment spells be able to see which buildings have already been NHed, so that they can get the extra benefits of EEing an NHed building.

BlueBlou

Illusionist
When giving or receiving NH, is the culture building shown the highest value available at the time for polishing or just a random choice by RNG?
I think it might be highest value per tile. Not completely sure as I never did the comparative calcs, but it would explain why some 2x2 buildings get picked over other bigger culture buildings.

schadenfreude

Enchanter
I was describing an interface that would allow a player who is trying to cast Ensorcelled Endowment spells be able to see which buildings have already been NHed, so that they can get the extra benefits of EEing an NHed building.
Doesn't this already exist? The polished buildings have the handshake symbol with the purple beams on them.

Sir Derf

Adept
Sorry for that, the thread shifted from the original topic to referencing one from a different thread. The "helping hands" icon disappears when you go to EE your buildings.

schadenfreude

Enchanter
Sorry for that, the thread shifted from the original topic to referencing one from a different thread.
Looks answered to me :)
The "helping hands" icon disappears when you go to EE your buildings.
Well, look at that! Appears it does. But then can't you just look at which ones are helped and decide which to enchant before going into EE mode?
but it would explain why some 2x2 buildings get picked over other bigger culture buildings.
Yeah, I don't build codex anymore for this reason. A 3x3 or 4x4 culture building will net more culture since it's more likely to get polished and its value doubled. Then that will have higher per tile yield than a codex.

Sir Derf

Adept
I can answer this with a resounding probably not. In my city, smaller but higher Culture expiring buildings were getting buffed before larger but lower Culture Mana producers. Which I hadn't paid thought about when I put all my expiring buildings in when I finished my most recent chapter, at the same time I first placed my current crop of Mana producers and my Lighthouse. So, I haven't been able to really benefit from that aspect of the Lighthouse yet. Thankfully, my Goddesses of Wishes have all expired, so hopefully my Lava Eggs will start seeing some reliable love.
Woo-hoo. Just recently sold off my expired Ferris Wheels, and now my full crop of Lava Eggs get regular NH love, so Lighthouse+EE bonus Mana.

SkyRider99

Mentor
Woo-hoo. Just recently sold off my expired Ferris Wheels, and now my full crop of Lava Eggs get regular NH love, so Lighthouse+EE bonus Mana.
Exciting times @Sir Derf. I don't think I could cope. Love makes the world go 'round, as the song goes, but it can get expensive if you're not careful. :)