• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Discussion News From Elvenar!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrazyWizard

Shaman
My main US cities& Beta (that is all the ones with this name) are all just past the line into chapter 16.
Beta city after I stop being lazy and place my Goblin gift shops: https://www.elvenarchitect.com/city/planner/3793637fe40e4920b159fededa12bb28/

The increase in tournament squad size (and therefore losses) from the first tech to the last tech in CH16 is 13%

This chapter unlocks upgrades for the Training grounds from level 24 to 28 which increases its production by 16.8%
I just checked my Beta city and the training grounds are responsible for 18.4% of my troop output with the rest coming from the barracks, Merc, wonders, evos, GoToS and Vallors.
So, that 16.8% bump on 18.4% of my production equals a 3% overall increase.

New levels of workshops and residences also unlock later in the chapter, but those have zero value since the Magic versions are already unlocked at the first tech.

That leaves Tier 2 buildings which can go up from 27 to 31. That gives a production increase of 48% but due to the 25% increase in size and 108% increase in population requirements they actually produce fewer goods per square than at level 27.

By moving "forwards" to the end of chapter 16 my tournament capacity will decrease by about 10%.

Now if I made it that far clearly it would make sense to pop into the next chapter to unlock upgrades for my event buildings and craftables which (assuming I had enough RR spells) would increase their output by about 10%. Those buildings make up around 20% of my production so a 2% overall bump.

Moving from the very end of chapter 16 one tech into 17 and spending 270 RR spells would increase my sustainable tournament ability by 2% But I'd still be down 8% from my current position at the start of CH 16

Next decision: should I go to the end of chapter 17? The techs this time would give a further 15% bump in squad size.

2 levels of the Merc camp get unlocked an increase of just over 11%, and since the Mercs account for just under 25% of my troop production that works out to 2.75% increased total output.

2 Barracks levels as well, also increasing by 11%. The barracks portion of my troop training is 22%, for 2.4%

2 levels of Training Grounds , also increasing by 11%. The TG portion of my troop training is 18.4%, for 2.0%

Then the T3 factories get a whopping 64% bump in production but again that's accompanied by a 112% increase in pop requirements and a 27% increase in size negating the production boost.

So, by moving "forwards" from the start of 17 to the end my tournament capacity would decrease by close to 8%.

TL;DR:
From the start of 16 to the end of 17 there's close to a 16% total decrease in sustainable tournament ability.

Edit:
I missed the Squad size techs for a 9% bump in AW troop production which account for 14.6% of my output for a further 1.26% increase in total output (total from the start of CH16 to the end of CH17)

From the start of 16 to the end of 17 there's close to a 14.5% total decrease in sustainable tournament ability including the edit above.

I assume this is just the research?

Because things like how many expansions you place, how many wonders you might or might not level make a huge difference.

thanks to how the formula is build as an example 14% for research and 14% for expansions = 30% (29.996%)

Gargon667

Mentor
Also the "benefit" of all your non-military buildings is only important if you are in trouble for free space. I don´t know if you are, but in my city (fighting, not catering) space is unused at all times except FAs. Otherwise I have tons of free space that I could use up if I wanted to. So increaseing the efficiency of a Magic residence is of no benefit to my tourney performance at all.

Skelve

Bard
Thanks for having this thread. Hope we will see more of this. I won't comment on the devs view of the world since that has been discussed a lot everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.