• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Discussion News from Beta (may contain spoilers!)

rock stream

Scholar
Jack, do you think are they going to fix the lost of pending CC's before they go live or will they just spring this on players?

Last edited:

Gargon667

Mentor
This is beta and that is what it is there for. Fixing broken stuff before it goes live. Since they haven´t even fixed it in beta yet I assume it will be a while before it goes live. Of course nothing is impossible, but the backlash from live servers if this happened would be much bigger (and rightfully so), but I don´t think we need to worry about our CCs :)

Jackluyt

Shaman
This loading screen just appeared in Beta.
I wonder if this means we are going straight on to a new event when the current one ends?

272154704_10220420207915891_6259205985488423850_n.jpg

Pauly7

Magus
Looks like a bug. They don't ever put up the loading screen for the next event when the previous one is still running. In fact they don't ever put it up until the event starts.

Hekata

Artisan
It does seem like we're getting another event before the next FA (from what I read on beta) and judging by this pic it's also going to be Wizard themed, which I like a lot :)
It also seems we might finally be getting a new FA layout :)

Pauly7

Magus
It also seems we might finally be getting a new FA layout
I hoped that the delay would mean this, but I've long given up thinking the FAs will ever be updated. I don't think the thing with the loading screens has any relation though. That just looks like a screw up because we're still on the last event.

Hekata

Artisan
I hoped that the delay would mean this, but I've long given up thinking the FAs will ever be updated. I don't think the thing with the loading screens has any relation though. That just looks like a screw up because we're still on the last event.
No, the screen by itself doesn't mean much but I base my conclusion on what a player who's usually never wrong said on beta (2 players now in fact). The screen bug thing is an extra hint in that direction :)
I'm looking froward the new FA layout if that's really the case. I think that last time we had a long break we got the version we've played for the past 2 years or so.

CrazyWizard

Shaman
No, the screen by itself doesn't mean much but I base my conclusion on what a player who's usually never wrong said on beta (2 players now in fact). The screen bug thing is an extra hint in that direction :)
I'm looking froward the new FA layout if that's really the case. I think that last time we had a long break we got the version we've played for the past 2 years or so.

There is a dutch proverb.
Even if a monkey wears a golden ring, it is and remains an ugly thing

It means it doesn't matter how you package it. it doesnt make it pretty, I really do not like FA's

Hekata

Artisan
There is a dutch proverb.
Even if a monkey wears a golden ring, it is and remains an ugly thing

It means it doesn't matter how you package it. it doesnt make it pretty, I really do not like FA's
Admittedly the FA have lost some of their draw for me too, mostly because we've have so many of them that they don't feel special anymore, just another event among others. But precisely because we have them so often a change is welcome, at least it breaks a bit the monotony. Back in the days when we had only 2 or 3 per year they were all different and therefore all felt special. I used to look at them as the Olympic games of Elvenar, now it's more like a regular football season :)

CrazyWizard

Shaman
Admittedly the FA have lost some of their draw for me too, mostly because we've have so many of them that they don't feel special anymore, just another event among others. But precisely because we have them so often a change is welcome, at least it breaks a bit the monotony. Back in the days when we had only 2 or 3 per year they were all different and therefore all felt special. I used to look at them as the Olympic games of Elvenar, now it's more like a regular football season :)
That must have been the first year lol. but I think that was more because it was new :)

Hekata

Artisan
That must have been the first year lol. but I think that was more because it was new :)
Yes, I was already playing when we had the first FA and ofc the fact it was new played a big part but also having big gaps between them and discovering which layout would be used (we had 4 or 5 different ones ranging from easy to very hard) was part of the fun. And I remember that after the first FA I said to a fellow: "Well this was fun but draining, I hope we have it again but not anytime soon!". I guess my feelings about it haven't changed much :)

Pauly7

Magus
Yes, I've said all along that the overkill of Fellowship Adventures is what is ruining it. I agree with the analogy about it being a bit like an Olympic Games. Something that was really taxing, but only happened every once in a while. Inno's policy of constantly bombarding us with any given event makes all of them less special.

Even regular events. The month long events used to happen once a quarter and in between were shorter 10 day ones. This made the big seasonal ones special when they appeared.

Hekata

Artisan
Even regular events. The month long events used to happen once a quarter and in between were shorter 10 day ones. This made the big seasonal ones special when they appeared.
Oh I agree with this 100%, In fact I used to prefer the short events to the big ones :) But in general alternating big events with smaller ones (including things like challenges or speed production days) was much more interesting and prevented the monotony we now have.

Pauly7

Magus
Yes, maybe we're long in the tooth in this game, but it certainly does feel much more monotonous these days - month long event, fellowship adventure, rinse and repeat.

Jackluyt

Shaman
Oh I agree with this 100%, In fact I used to prefer the short events to the big ones :) But in general alternating big events with smaller ones (including things like challenges or speed production days) was much more interesting and prevented the monotony we now have.

I agree!
What I really miss were those double Goods and double Supply days. They were fun, and everyone loved them.
I wish they would bring them back!!

CrazyWizard

Shaman
Yes, I've said all along that the overkill of Fellowship Adventures is what is ruining it. I agree with the analogy about it being a bit like an Olympic Games. Something that was really taxing, but only happened every once in a while. Inno's policy of constantly bombarding us with any given event makes all of them less special.

It all depends, I agree it would be a lot more fun once or twice a year, but others complain massivly if there ain't one after an event, because FA are there thing.

Hekata

Artisan
I agree!
What I really miss were those double Goods and double Supply days. They were fun, and everyone loved them.
I wish they would bring them back!!
Yes, good old days, I'd sprinkle some spells, feed my Phoenix, drop some time boosters and build stocks that would last me for a long while :)

Pauly7

Magus
It all depends, I agree it would be a lot more fun once or twice a year, but others complain massivly if there ain't one after an event, because FA are there thing.
I think people usually complain because they want those extra artefacts, so if they made them slightly easier to get in the event itself people wouldn't be worried... or perhaps if they just knew they had to put slightly more effort into the event.

As far as FAs go, some like them, some don't. There are 2 or 3 teams of hardcore FA nuts that may be happy to go all out every month, but otherwise even the people that enjoy doing them and play them competitively, still only want to go for it every other one, or even less. So for me the competition (if this is why we do it) is pointless because you never get a complete field of all the big players. We won one a couple of adventures back, but no doubt we wouldn't have if all teams were in it to win it.