• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Discussion News from Beta (may contain spoilers!)

Pauly7

Magus
Yeah, there's nothing particularly useful in Chapter 17, so I can't see much encouraging me to move from where I am. It does make the whole process start to feel more pointless.

I really hate any guest race process at this stage. It's too long a time with too much space dedicated to it. This wouldn't be so bad if it was leading to amazing things... like actual improvement in tournament ability, but at this point we all know that any progress will just make things harder for ourselves.

These days playing through a chapter is something that I force myself to do, just because I really want to have the rewards it will bring. If they aren't providing rewards for doing it then it's just a matter of how long I will stay interested in the game whilst just sat here in my spot, mid-chapter 15.

C-Nymph

Necromancer
it's just a matter of how long I will stay interested in the game whilst just sat here in my spot, mid-chapter 15.
I envy you... I wish I had stopped after chapter 15... Now I must continue, because at least chapter 17 might somewhat make up for chapter 16.

Pauly7

Magus
I envy you... I wish I had stopped after chapter 15... Now I must continue, because at least chapter 17 might somewhat make up for chapter 16.
Hmm, I wouldn't be so sure. The latest thing I've found out is that it will be impossible to play chapter 17 without having all of your buildings upgraded to max level. There won't be any opportunity to teleport buildings away to make more space.

I can't see anything particularly useful in the chapter. Everything you do will be at the cost of tournament performance (sometimes doubly so, considering the extra space used up with the guest race.) The only reason for doing it will be the sheer joy of advancing through the story, if anyone is gaining that from it.

Jackluyt

Shaman
Happy Monday - and Happy Thanksgiving to everyone who lives in Canada!
Wishing you a blessed day in company of family and good friends - and please keep safe, away from crowds!

The new Chapter XVII Guest Race is here, in Beta Server!
Read more and look at some screenshots here:
https://tinyurl.com/y5yznk7u
You are welcome to share this with friends do do not play in Beta

121336104_10217819874269175_4144867093813091959_n.jpg

DeletedUser8409

Hmm, I wouldn't be so sure. The latest thing I've found out is that it will be impossible to play chapter 17 without having all of your buildings upgraded to max level. There won't be any opportunity to teleport buildings away to make more space.

I can't see anything particularly useful in the chapter. Everything you do will be at the cost of tournament performance (sometimes doubly so, considering the extra space used up with the guest race.) The only reason for doing it will be the sheer joy of advancing through the story, if anyone is gaining that from it.
Why impossible?

I see that you make resources based on culture and population that is working, which is of concern to me since my working population and culture is a fraction of most comparable cities. But surely there's no minimum needed or is there? Would be crazy if my population is simply not high enough to progress.

Does anyone know for an upgraded Barracks what the base Training Speed is?

Pauly7

Magus
I see that you make resources based on culture and population that is working, which is of concern to me since my working population and culture is a fraction of most comparable cities. But surely there's no minimum needed or is there? Would be crazy if my population is simply not high enough to progress.
That is the reason. I'm not sure. Dony said that you would need all your culture and pop buildings out to proceed and have everything upgraded to chapter level, but you would hope that you could do it without. If not, then I will definitely never play through it. Unurium is the new version of seeds. If that decays (guessing it does), then you would need to be producing it at a certain level to keep progressing at all.

DeletedUser8409

That is the reason. I'm not sure. Dony said that you would need all your culture and pop buildings out to proceed and have everything upgraded to chapter level, but you would hope that you could do it without. If not, then I will definitely never play through it. Unurium is the new version of seeds. If that decays (guessing it does), then you would need to be producing it at a certain level to keep progressing at all.
Yeah surely that depends what your culture and pop is normally. Hopefully he's exaggerating.

My working culture and pop can be be as low as 100k of each which is much lower than comparable (completed XV) cities. Currently running at 195k pop which is very high for me, if I cleared space for the guest race it'd go back down not up.

I hope the Devs haven't assumed all cities by XVII have 350-400k pop as not all do!

DeletedUser8409

I think the working population idea is an attempt to get the old set buildings out of people's cities once and for all.

I'm guessing that's exactly what they will assume... or more like they will make people try to get up to that number. My working pop is currently 180k.
You may be right, if you are then I'm staying where I am (first research completed in XVI, that's it).

DeletedUser8409

From the sounds of it, it is not remotely worth doing the new chapter if you care about the tournament. The barracks training upgrade is puny compared to what it should be for exponential growth.

Sir Derf

Adept
If that decays (guessing it does), then you would need to be producing it at a certain level to keep progressing at all.

Was going to write a deep, nerdy mathematical response, but I'll condense to the main point that the math was going to support.

Decaying Unurium would be like the other decaying items. This is the same as what happened with the introduction of Mana, all the way back in what, Chapter 9?

Yes, mathematically there is a minimum x you need to gain daily, below which it will be impossible to accumulate to a quantity of X to unlock a research or build a building, which will "keep you from progressing at all", but I don't think your issue is with a decay rate and this minimum x, per se.

DeletedUser8409

Was going to write a deep, nerdy mathematical response, but I'll condense to the main point that the math was going to support.

Decaying Unurium would be like the other decaying items. This is the same as what happened with the introduction of Mana, all the way back in what, Chapter 9?

Yes, mathematically there is a minimum x you need to gain daily, below which it will be impossible to accumulate to a quantity of X to unlock a research or build a building, which will "keep you from progressing at all", but I don't think your issue is with a decay rate and this minimum x, per se.
The difference is that Mana everyone could get the same - if you were in Wood Elves and wanted more Mana you could build more Willows.

Seeds base production is scouted provinces x Main Hall - since everyone must have met a minimum number of provinces to reach Halflings that put a floor in your production even if you didn't have AWs (When I reached Halflings I only had 25 AW levels).

But this new one based on population . . . what is the minimum working population a Chapter XVII is expected to have?

Sir Derf

Adept
So, you're complaining about a mechanic that you don't yet know how it works?

And, I'll remind you that INNO added buildings that produce seeds that you can get from events and the Spire. Even if not initially announced, it's probably a good bet that they'll add similar Unurium producing buildings.

Thagdal

Sorcerer
"The Dragon Ark rewards you with Sentient Goods for each Storyline Quest you complete"

Am i missing something here? arent the storyline quests the ones you do in the chapter? if so wont you have done them all before unlocking the ancient wonders if you follow the story?o_O:confused:

Killiak

Artisan
"The Dragon Ark rewards you with Sentient Goods for each Storyline Quest you complete"

Am i missing something here? arent the storyline quests the ones you do in the chapter? if so wont you have done them all before unlocking the ancient wonders if you follow the story?o_O:confused:

Basically Inno is giving you an Ancient Wonder for quests, in a story, that you have just completed for 17 chapters.
Waste of space.

Sir Derf

Adept
1) Well, I guess that is a big tip of the hat to future Guest Races, yes?

2) Does it include Storyline Quests in... events?

Deleted User - 1759805

I think the working population idea is an attempt to get the old set buildings out of people's cities once and for all.
That wouldn't be just old sets. Any event buildings - new or old - consume neither culture nor pop, so would be useless for unurium production. And yes, unurium decays - 10%/day non-negotiable (not yet at least).

Pauly7

Magus
To give an idea of the difficulty in winning stuff in the Misty Forest event - Today I wanted to go after the daily prize. I used 800 in event currency and in spending that currency I uncovered a total of 4 Lost Items (chests). Of those 4, the one with the greatest possibility of winning the daily had a chance of 6%.

Needless to say luck will usually be a bit better than this, but there's absolutely nothing you can really do to improve your chances much. There are various points of strategy, of course, in where to use the light sources, when to uncover squares, when to leave them hidden, but essentially you are just clearing a path and hoping something comes up.

Another point that might not have been mentioned before is that none of the chests offer a possibility of free currency, so there isn't a point where you think you could strike lucky and get yourself back in the game by winning a free 500 or 200 ingredients.

When this event starts, if you want to win any dailies my advice would be to think of 2, maybe 3, that you really want, then be prepared to sink all of your currency into those days. OK, I've won quite a few more than two dailies, but there seems to be a much stronger propensity this time that you could just come up empty handed on a day that you really want something.

DeletedUser7526

Hi guys.
looks like 29 techs to complete c17 ?
thats 1.0045^29 = 13.9% increase in tourney and spire costs.
from minmax blog, barrack, tg, and merc camp goes from 450 to 500 training speed = 11% increase ?
does this mean I’m punished more for teching than benefitting ? @CrazyWizard @Pauly7 @MinMax Gamer
Can you take these numbers to beta threads for discussion/ clarification please which I hope will lead to a re working of those numbers. (I lost my beta account )

PS : I stopped at first tech c16. So it would cost me ~50 techs = 27% cost increase to progress but give me 11% training benefits ?

Last edited by a moderator: