• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Discussion News from Beta (may contain spoilers!)

Julian

Sorcerer
Far too soon! May have to sit this one out.

Gargon667

Mentor
Oh my, what a surprise!
The complete idiocy (again for the second time this year!) of having an FA every month has been foreseen since the end of last FA and has now happened...again. I wonder why nobody in Inno noticed it would happen, oh wait, noone there has a calendar that goes farther than the current week... so they still haven´t noticed it will happen on live worlds, too! It´s only beta that is screwed lol, they can take it, it´s the test server after all! Live worlds are another 3 whole calendars away from being affected! So no problem, we can fix it in time! Only problem is we don´t have the calendar yet where to write in that fixing is needed, so I guess we just hope for the best?
"Let´s go make people happy for a change" is of course the underlying motivation for this announcement :)

I really should send a 2020 calendar (with none of the weeks torn out) to Inno headquarters, so they can put in the planned start date of their events so they can then count weeks. and see what is going to happen next...

Gargon667

Mentor
There is. All they have to do is make it so we can get them from the event.
or make it a challenge, or a mini event, or a second event, or hand them out as freebies, or make them craftable in the MA, or .... but no that´s not possible it absolutely has to be an FA to hand out artifacts nothing else can be thought of just the once to keep a somewhat regular schedule for FAs...

Pauly7

Magus
or make it a challenge, or a mini event, or a second event, or hand them out as freebies, or make them craftable in the MA, or .... but no that´s not possible it absolutely has to be an FA to hand out artifacts nothing else can be thought of just the once to keep a somewhat regular schedule for FAs...
This is Inno we're talking about of course. Anything that happens which isn't exactly the same as it has happened before will need at least a year's worth of planning. That's why their gurus have been in a darkened room all this time trying to figure out what else they could do in an event that doesn't involve an evolving building and collecting detritus from around the city limits once an hour.

Jackluyt

Shaman
'Artifact fragments' would be the answer! Give a few away in events and mini-events and perhaps a mystery prize in the spire, and in the tournament awards chests - and once you have collected a whole lot, you can craft an Universal Artifact.
This would preserve the rarity value of the evolving buildings - but give everyone something to work towards over a period of months.. Also it would allow you to choose which building you want to evolve....

Laurelin

Sorcerer
This is Inno we're talking about of course. Anything that happens which isn't exactly the same as it has happened before will need at least a year's worth of planning. That's why their gurus have been in a darkened room all this time trying to figure out what else they could do in an event that doesn't involve an evolving building and collecting detritus from around the city limits once an hour.
@Pauly7 - well said! Reminds me of the old Internet 'meme' which goes: "Where I fits, I sits"... except in this case it's more like: "Where it pays, it stays".

I wish mere incompetence - or dysfunctional calendars, or lack of inspiration re Grand Prizes, or in fact just about anything at all (except the real cause) were the reason behind the increasing deluge of Events of all kinds, since there would then at least be the chance that the Inno gurus might, one day, realise that many of us would definitely appreciate the odd break here and there, perhaps, to put our Cities together in peace - but my hopes are rather dampened by the following unusually candid quotes from InnoGames themselves as to why we now see so many repeat-cycling Events/FAs/etc...

Q: What steps have you taken to ensure that Elvenar maintains a sizeable and active player base all this time after its launch?
A : Nino Protic: A lot of this effort comes down to continually providing our players with new content. We have big events running every few weeks and smaller ones in between to make sure that the players always have something special that they can participate in when they log on.

Q : To what do you attribute Elvenar's consistently impressive grossing performance, and how do you sustain it?
A : Nino Protic: Like mentioned before, it comes down to good content: the right marketing, constant events and happenings for our players. In the end, it's all about finding the right moment to release a new guest race, new feature, or figuring out what specific day an event should run. Running events parallel to real-life events has turned out to be very successful, such as the annual springtime Easter event that continues the Phoenix storyline.

Source : https://www.pocketgamer.biz/interview/73911/live-and-kicking-elvenar-five-years/
Publication date : 16th July 2020

This entire article, and quite a few others I've dug up, are actually rather enlightening - and no, I don't have anything better to do with my time... :D

Gargon667

Mentor
I don´t think there was ever a doubt why they run so many events though,and also why the mini events and challenges disappeared (they also don´t make money). what is lacking is the integration of those events. The sensible way of alternating them, to make all of them more enjoyable without changing the events themselves.
Recent examples are:
Starting the new tourney format during an FA
Placing events in a way that leads to playing 2 FAs 4 weeks apart.
These are things that could easily be avoided without the loss of money for Inno.

Jackluyt

Shaman
Fellowship Adventures just started in Beta world.
Here is our Note with prizes and stage information, which will be updated as the day progresses:
https://tinyurl.com/y539w8tz
You are welcome to share this with friends and fellowship.

119595977_10217651279734417_684082127905225402_n.jpg

The Prizes:

119648757_10217651437338357_2207508609085165038_n.jpg

Stage One
* Ancient Knowledge 10
* Carting Library
* 10 x Booster 10 min

Stage Two
* 2 x Ancient Knowledge 15
* Moon Bear Artifact
* 20 x Booster 15 min

Stage Three
* Ferris Wheel Galore
* Moon Bear Artifact
* 30 x Booster 30 min

Here are the per chapter values for Ferris Wheel Galore: https://www.elvenarchitect.com/buildings/details/a_evt_generic_ferris_wheel/
Here are the per chapter values for Carting Library: https://www.elvenarchitect.com/buildings/details/a_evt_expiring_refundtech/

There are no changes to the Stage One waypoints compared to the last FA

119514019_10217640016172835_2275278878405652608_n.jpg

Last edited:

Hekata

Artisan
Oh look, they've changed the prizes in the FA. We can't say they don't listen to our feedback :D
Joking aside, do I like the Ferris wheel being there, I'm almost out of those, and since upgrading aws is not the best thing to do anymore we might as well get those small time booster for more troops. So I actually do like this change.

Jackluyt

Shaman
From today's Upgrade in Beta: Easier Tournament fights!!
1f60a.png
1f60a.png

We have decreased the battle difficulty for tournaments especially on higher provinces (16+; or 15 with more than one star completed already), but already starting with some minor adjustments at province 8 (or 7 with more than one star completed).

Please let us know your thoughts in our feedback thread!
Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Beta Team

120364802_10217734745261003_3482083940344251140_n.jpg

anonglitch

Co-Community Manager
Elvenar Team
What is with the new trend of having to do two tasks for each quest these days ?

In the past, for some players, certain tasks were nearly impossible to complete, such as Scout a province. Other requests, such as Combining Catalysts, or battle quest may be very hard for some new players. Out of feedback and suggestions, the developers implemented a two-option quest request. It gives more flexibility and playability to these quests.

Timneh

Artisan
In the past, for some players, certain tasks were nearly impossible to complete, such as Scout a province. Other requests, such as Combining Catalysts, or battle quest may be very hard for some new players. Out of feedback and suggestions, the developers implemented a two-option quest request. It gives more flexibility and playability to these quests.

I think you may have misunderstood what i meant. I did not mean the quests where it says something like complete a province or gain 10 relics, i mean where it might say something like give neighbourly help 7 times and also asks to produce a big amount of supplies. I hope that makes what i meant a bit clearer.

Pauly7

Magus
I think you may have misunderstood what i meant. I did not mean the quests where it says something like complete a province or gain 10 relics, i mean where it might say something like give neighbourly help 7 times and also asks to produce a big amount of supplies. I hope that makes what i meant a bit clearer.
It is a bit weird. They could just have nearly twice the number of quests and each one half the reward. I'm not sure which is better. I guess with the new way you can work on two things at once so that should make it a bit more flexible.