• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Discussion News from Beta (may contain spoilers!)

Gargon667

Mentor
A new Fellowship Adventure has been announced to start on Beta tomorrow (Friday), so it looks like an FA will follow the current event after all.

Finally some fun again :D

These horribly boring events back to back were putting our FS to sleep. The announcement of the FA has tripled activity in our FS already :D We´ll be so fired up to go by the start it´ll burn the Inno servers :D

Julian

Sorcerer
There may only be one contender for first place, but there's stiff competition lower down.

Jackluyt

Shaman
It will make elves a completely pointless race to play. Humans already are much stronger than elves, this change will kick elves into the garbage bin!

There is a solution of course!
The Sorceress used to be TOO powerful and would win most fights against ANY enemy easily. Then they nerfed her to make things fairer - but in my opinion they overdid the balancing.
I hope the designers will consider giving her a bit more teeth again, to bring her in line with the (Human) priest.
Would an admin please pass this comment to Hamburg?
:)

Pauly7

Magus
Is anyone pushing FA with their Beta city?
We're doing a chilled single path route. The jury's still out on how difficult it will now be to get all the spell badges. I don't think they've altered those badge amounts, even though they've slightly tweaked some of the others.

Pauly7

Magus
I have a sneaking suspicion that they're about to announce the new tournament style coming to Live with the Steel Tournament next week. Pushing the FA out on Beta feels like a convenient way to divert discussion away from the tournaments, which could mean that they are done with talking about it. Also, now that we have a Live FA coming up, if they don't do it now and give that a week or two to bed in first then they may not be able to do it until afterwards.

Hekata

Artisan
You think they are sneaky enough to kill the joys of the steel tournament? :)

They didn't make any changes to the beta one since the start, and they did announce some changes and said they were looking into others, like the 3 separate queues etc... I think we won't get them any time soon, probably not until the FA is done here too. Plus they said they will be making the expansion changes to the Spire first (and on live too, IIRC) and that hasn't happened yet.

Jackluyt

Shaman
Balancing Changes to Spire and Tournaments were made in today's upgrade in Beta World:
  • We reduced the impact of regular and premium Expansions in the difficulty calculations for Tournaments and the Spire of Eternity. Premium Expansions have had their impact reduced even more than regular expansions.
  • We reduced chances to require Orcs and Mana while catering tournament provinces.
  • We slightly reduced chances to require Coins and Supplies while catering tournament provinces.

117341794_10217411056408984_7160420616454674318_n.jpg

DeletedUser7526

changes that were needed but have they reduced by enough
Don’t think so. I read a comment that 0.25% reduced for someone. And ~1% for another (probably different expansions placed )
For an SS of 5000, 0.25% is 12 troops lower :(

CrazyWizard

Shaman
Don’t think so. I read a comment that 0.25% reduced for someone. And ~1% for another (probably different expansions placed )
For an SS of 5000, 0.25% is 12 troops lower :(

it.s hard to say, its a game of cumulative numbers.

Main issue is that they seem to be refuse to do the homework again and want to stay with that horrible formula at all cost.

DeletedUser7526

it.s hard to say, its a game of cumulative numbers.

Main issue is that they seem to be refuse to do the homework again and want to stay with that horrible formula at all cost.
Yep. But I guess 0.25% to 1.25% would be a decent guess ?
We will fit the curve for the data soon ;)

Pauly7

Magus
By the way, for anyone who isn't aware, the Fellowship Adventure that is currently running on Beta is somewhat broken. The system is randomly dishing out double badges to some of the people some of the time. To this point, the Inno team hasn't even responded with regard to the issue and it carries on regardless. I don't actually mind, if it is because they are just focussing on the new tournaments, but I ask myself whether they are still planning to send this FA straight to Live if this hasn't been sorted out. @Silmaril, is there anything that you are able to share on this?