• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Discussion News from Beta (may contain spoilers!)

DeletedUser7526

Thanks really for explaining your situation clearly.
Catering is not problem free either. There is real data about the orcs required and it doesn’t look like ice cream or broccoli ;)

Deleted User - 1759805

It is now also the best chest for dailies as it is still 30% chance of hitting it, except it will now cost only 83. I fully expect it to be nerfed ASAP ;)
...And I was not disappointed in my forecast. They adjusted chests "to better spread the chances of winning Daily Prizes etc". I have updated strategy calculators. Here are the changes in results:

- Grand Prizes: not impacted (no changes in chest costs and GP tokens payouts)
- KP+AWKP: up by 5% (and now back on par with the previous event for the same amount of event currency)
- Daily Prizes: down by 25% (!) - this is also way below the previous event

So let me translate "better spread the chances of winning Daily Prizes" from Inno-speak to English: "we're going to nerf Daily Rewards". Waiting to hear that this is not technically a nerf, because... reasons? Probably not to overwhelm us with all those fabulous rewards. /s

Inno just keeps on giving.

DeletedUser8409

...And I was not disappointed in my forecast. They adjusted chests "to better spread the chances of winning Daily Prizes etc". I have updated strategy calculators. Here are the changes in results:

- Grand Prizes: not impacted (no changes in chest costs and GP tokens payouts)
- KP+AWKP: up by 5% (and now back on par with the previous event for the same amount of event currency)

So let me translate "better spread the chances of winning Daily Prizes" from Inno-speak to English: "we're going to nerf Daily Rewards". Waiting to hear that this is not technically a nerf, because... reasons? Probably not to overwhelm us with all those fabulous rewards. /s

Are there even any daily prizes worth winning? Haven't been any at all this year.

Deleted User - 1759805

Are there even any daily prizes worth winning? Haven't been any at all this year.
I didn't even check ;) I know there is 25% supply instant...

Nerfing garbage rewards in limited quest setup - why? I mean, really?

Pauly7

Magus

Yep, definitely a nerf. It's now really hard to win daily prizes. On the upside I'm winning KP left and right.

Pauly7

Magus
There's a couple that I think are quite 'nice', but nothing special with stats.

Worse still, they've nerfed down the troop instant to a battalion, which is 10 squads. There's now also a 25% supply instant as a daily prize.

FieryArien

Necromancer
Yep, definitely a nerf. It's now really hard to win daily prizes. On the upside I'm winning KP left and right.
And to illustrate how lady Chance plays games with us: I’d love to get KPs to open chapter 2 Advanced Scouts, so I opened 2 or 3 chests that had chance for KPs ... and got 2 daily prices! With chapter 1 stats, naturally, lol.

Hekata

Artisan
I must say this really, really saddens me. Now that the tourneys are nefred, getting nice buildings (even with poor stats) was my last enjoyable thing to do in this game. When the news of the new tourney came I didn't get that upset because I thought, "well ok, I'll just get back at building my city and try to have as many nice buildings as I can", and now they are nerfing that too. What exactly are we supposed to do in this game if they keep blocking us everywhere? Honestly, every time I think, there's nothing Inno can do to disappoint me more, it's like they say: "Hold my beer..."

Pauly7

Magus
On the plus side it's still really easy to go through all the quests. The frequency of winning daily prizes will go down 20-30% but you can probably still get the buildings you want. What it does mean is that the 'filler' daily prizes are now super-nerfed. The troop instant daily has now gone down to 10 squads and with the probability readjustment that makes it more like 7 squads compared to 25 in the last event. So yeah, does seem strange that they would nerf the troop bonuses at the same time as nerfing the tournaments.

Hekata

Artisan
That's because whenever there is some problem with a feature that players have been using to their advantage more than the devs intended, they don't just fix, they go for the overkill. It's like the Lighthouse: it wasn't fixed to give a decent amount of goods, it was reduced to more ore less a useless wonder. The events with endless quests and too many prizes went to limited quests, limited prizes, meh main prizes, poor grand prizes, mostly poor dailies, and now, just to be sure they have solved that problem, poor chances of getting them. Now the tourneys, instead of just limiting the prizes or making it harder after a certain province, they are adding layer after layer of difficultly to the point that most payers won't be able to do half of they did so far. The next problem to fix will be the excess of scrolls and I predict they will first nerf (and maybe remove) the library and then chapter 17 will require 20x the usual amounts of all T1-T3 goods. And just to be sure the problem is fixed they might make them decay too.

RainbowElvira

Sorcerer
The Spire formula counters all city progress, be it chapter progression, Wonder levels or city size. It comes as no surprise to me, that the devs are going to use this formula in Tournaments too.
This way, new and advanced players can reach about the same tournament score. New players will have a decent advancement and rushing chapters by advanced players will be prevented. Which is a good thing IMHO, well done Inno!
Only one thing bugs me though: if each and every progress in the game is perfectly countered then what good is progressing in the game? Why playing it?
How about not penalizing the Wonder levels? Would give me some incentive.

DeletedUser7705

I have a Chapter 16 city in beta and I can tell you that this is NOT a good thing for many higher level fellowships. The ones that are thinking that this is so much easier haven't played it yet. Anyone thinking it's faster hasn't played it yet.

This is simply not true. Whenever a player gets on the Forum and says "anyone", "everyone", "all players" cannot be taken seriously, as there are thousands of players who play this game...and it is not possible to put us all in the same box with how we play.

I am in the Constructs chapter and my fellowship's rank is 30 right now in Beta. We are a diversely casual fellowship who does not do 10 chests in the tournaments each week. That being said, we aren't lazy and even though we aren't competitive, we also matter and are daily players, serious about our own towns and play style.
We average 5 or 6 chests a week. However, with this new system on Beta, we are already through the 7th chest in the tournament, on day 3. This change has been beneficial for those who don't push too hard in the tournaments, but would still like to enjoy participating each week. This takes less effort and time, which is beneficial and entices some to go further than they normally would with the old system.

I understand the anger with those who do large amounts of tourney provinces each week...now are not able to go as far.
I also understand that this would be an incredibly difficult thing for Inno to balance between new players, casual players, fighters, 10 chest fellowships, diamond spenders, etc., etc.
We are only in the very beginning of testing and I'm sure we will see many more changes.

Please keep in mind that there are players who do not even look at the Forums or share the opinions of top players who are competitive. While your opinion definitely matters, so does each person who loves this building game.

DeletedUser7526

This is simply not true. Whenever a player gets on the Forum and says "anyone", "everyone", "all players" cannot be taken seriously, as there are thousands of players who play this game...and it is not possible to put us all in the same box with how we play.

I am in the Constructs chapter and my fellowship's rank is 30 right now in Beta. We are a diversely casual fellowship who does not do 10 chests in the tournaments each week. That being said, we aren't lazy and even though we aren't competitive, we also matter and are daily players, serious about our own towns and play style.
We average 5 or 6 chests a week. However, with this new system on Beta, we are already through the 7th chest in the tournament, on day 3. This change has been beneficial for those who don't push too hard in the tournaments, but would still like to enjoy participating each week. This takes less effort and time, which is beneficial and entices some to go further than they normally would with the old system.

I understand the anger with those who do large amounts of tourney provinces each week...now are not able to go as far.
I also understand that this would be an incredibly difficult thing for Inno to balance between new players, casual players, fighters, 10 chest fellowships, diamond spenders, etc., etc.
We are only in the very beginning of testing and I'm sure we will see many more changes.

Please keep in mind that there are players who do not even look at the Forums or share the opinions of top players who are competitive. While your opinion definitely matters, so does each person who loves this building game.
I understand your point of view. You are not hit. So you are happy.
Allow others, “anyone", "everyone", "all players", (or whichever you prefer) who have been hit, to express their point of view.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pauly7

Magus
I hope they don't do it, despite how frustrating it is when people post badges on a path you don't want them to.

Timneh

Artisan
There is good and bad about the idea. The good is it would stop people putting badges in places where they have been asked not to put them and the bad is that it could mean some players would not be able to place a badge in to a map and therefore not get the rewards. There are other things for both sides of the arguement but those are the main ones (for me). Over all i have to say no to the idea.

CrazyWizard

Shaman
Since it's an opt-in method that you can use a a fellowship and it only affects the fellowship and not the rest of the game I am fine with it.
I can see the benefit from it, and if someone misses a point, and needs one of the locked points to add something to the mag the mages can always (temporary) open it for them.

It's still about communication, that havent changed.

Pauly7

Magus
It is meant to prevent loss of statue badges, and this is the most common area where small fellowships fail in their goals.
I'm essentially fine with it either way. If the facility is there then I'll make use of it, of course, where needed. I do feel like it would be going back on one of their main principles of Fellowship Adventures though, which is to encourage everyone to communicate by their own means and making success dependent on it... So I don't think I'd wish for this change. Fellowship Adventures are not worth it for the prizes so they might as well keep the unique facets of the FA alive.

Pauly7

Magus
For those following, Marindor has confirmed the first two changes that they will be making following the initial test of the new tournament system:

Before going into the weekend, please let me already share with you 2 changes that we strive to implement before the next tournament will start next week:

• We will remove Guest Race Resources from the Squad Size Upgrade techs, so players who have skipped those can unlock them without having to rebuild settlements.
  • We will implement a way to make certain unit types appear more often in certain tournaments, to bring back some more flavor, enable Fellowships to plan better again and make sure the expiring battle buildings can be used more strategically.
Other changes are still being worked out and probably won't be ready yet before the start, but may be gradually implemented while the tournament is running. When we have more specific info to share on that, we will.