• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Discussion News from Beta (may contain spoilers!)

Pauly7

Magus
Or just put one of each (or a couple of each) in each tournament until they run out... but they'll have very little impact.

Hekata

Artisan
This was the point that first struck me. Have they (perhaps without considering) made the MMM and ELR spells virtually useless? If the troop requirements are randomised then there will be no way to tell when we need them and they will effectively be about a 9th as useful as they used to be.
My guess is that Inno forgot about those. If they will keep the troops random the best solution would be to replace the MMM and ELR buildings with one new expiring building that would boost all troops even if the boost is lower, like 10% -15%.

Errandil

Conjurer
Or just put one of each (or a couple of each) in each tournament until they run out... but they'll have very little impact.
I prefer the approach if finding a ways to break the game and still get something good at least from time to time :) Especially since apparently the devs hate when players get the good stuff. But overall the update is pretty disheartening, I want to see at least one update that would improve things and nerf them to oblivion.

Pauly7

Magus
My guess is that Inno forgot about those. If they will keep the troops random the best solution would be to replace the MMM and ELR buildings with one new expiring building that would boost all troops even if the boost is lower, like 10% -15%.
Agreed, and then let us convert the old ones to new. It looks to me like a point they haven't thought about.

Pauly7

Magus
I prefer the approach if finding a ways to break the game and still get something good at least from time to time :) Especially since apparently the devs hate when players get the good stuff. But overall the update is pretty disheartening, I want to see at least one update that would improve things and nerf them to oblivion.
I think you're probably right. If they don't offer a way to fix this issue then I can see my whole supply being dumped on a couple of tournaments.... Then we'll just be left with ELRs and MMMs clogging up space in the crafting menu. No one will want to craft one for 4 CCs.

Pauly7

Magus
On the whole, the changes to the tournament sound good to me. Merging four battles into one will save so much time.
The problem is that difficulty is going to be calculated in a similar way to Spire difficulty which means that it will make later provinces so so expensive to get through. It will also penalise people who have a lot of AW levels.

One other good point is that those fellowships who are going for 10 chests once every 4 or 5 weeks will now be prevented from ever achieving their goals, because fellows won't be able to save up specific goods and troops for those occasions.

Timneh

Artisan
Someone please correct me if i'm wrong but it seems that these changes will mean that no one tournament will be easier or harder than any other. Is this right or have i missed something ?

Pauly7

Magus
Someone please correct me if i'm wrong but it seems that these changes will mean that no one tournament will be easier or harder than any other. Is this right or have i missed something ?
As far as I can see that's right. Enemies and goods required will all now be randomised so there will be no way to plan ahead for a tournament.

I do not want to be negative but why try to fix something that is not broken? When we were new players it was difficult for us. Now that we are "veteran" players they want to make it more difficult for us.
I play for the kp to upgrade aw's and work hard at building up enough troops to play and help my fs get 10 chests every week.
One reason they cite is that in a planks tournament there are no planks left in trades. Inno have messed with algorythms that control which the trades you see from players on the map anyway because i suddenly for the past couple of months istruggle to get trades from neighbours around me on the map that play everyday, when i asked them about it they said that they still put out trades all the time but it never appears in my trader anymore.
Also i have worked hard to upgrade my aw's and open provinces and now all of that is going to count against me as a "veteran" player. So is Inno now punishing us for being loyal players?
Lately i have noticed that the Spire is suddenly a lot more expensive to cater as well.
Sorry but these "changes" are filling me with dread.

Errandil

Conjurer
I do not want to be negative but why try to fix something that is not broken? When we were new players it was difficult for us. Now that we are "veteran" players they want to make it more difficult for us.
It's getting increasingly hard to be negative about what Inno are doing. Seems to me like they hate the players who can actually play the game, adapt and use what they are giving to the most benefit. And while I can understand some nerfs, like disappearing of the wishing wells, this one seems absolutely unnecessary, it's not like without the tournaments players would suddenly start completing AWs with diamonds at the cost of 25 per KP.

CrazyWizard

Shaman
It's getting increasingly hard to be negative about what Inno are doing. Seems to me like they hate the players who can actually play the game, adapt and use what they are giving to the most benefit. And while I can understand some nerfs, like disappearing of the wishing wells, this one seems absolutely unnecessary, it's not like without the tournaments players would suddenly start completing AWs with diamonds at the cost of 25 per KP.
Lol there timing for this change could not have been worse indeed.

On the other hand, they might scare those wales away as well,
Because those that are hit the hardest by this update are exactly the wales.

Those are the players with too many expansions and potentially too many wonderlevels.
This will make it near impossible for them to compete as there difficulty will rise trough the roof. unlike the average I don't spend a penny Joe.
While I havent spend the money of whales myself, as I found other ways to compete with them I am hit just as hard by this change as I to have to many premium expansions(go tower, wishing wells + the old expansion prices when they were affordable) and have 757 wonderlevels

For the past years each week I pushed my tournament results, and spend countless hours of searching for profitable wonders to improve my own.
If this update is not modified, I will be forced to quit as I will be hit hard by this to the point the game will no longer be enjoyable, I cannot revoke my expansions, ask my money that I did spend back nor want to destroy all I worked so hard for in the past few years as wonders cannot be stored in your inventory.

So what options are left for me beside quitting?
I seriously hope I do not have to quit and they see the error of there approach.

Errandil

Conjurer
So what options are left for me beside quitting?
I seriously hope I do not have to quit and they see the error of there approach.
The though of players like you quitting is actually scary by itself, I got plenty of inspiration from your attitude to the game, as well as a lot of ideas about the city building.

Timneh

Artisan
Will premium buildings affect the difficulty ? If they do i wonder if the ones won in the spire will be included, i think they should not as they were not bought with diamonds but were free as prizes in the spire.

CrazyWizard

Shaman
The though of players like you quitting is actually scary by itself, I got plenty of inspiration from your attitude to the game, as well as a lot of ideas about the city building.

In the past when changes happened the gap it created was not that severe, 1 was, but it was not severe immedeatly and with time and planning we could "solve" the problem by creating other new advantages to offset this over time, and time also has shrunk the gap % wise. (optional SS researches),

This time the gap is huge, it's there instantly and there is partly no way to compensate and the other part means destroying all my hard work.

I love the response so far and like to use 2 quotes from the US forum from the past few minutes:
One thing I know will happen is that with extra chests there will once again be a shakeup in Fellowships like I predicted with the spire. It appears INNO wants to make the tournament harder for those that spent cash building buildings and expansions to make tournaments easier and they want to make it easier for those folks who haven't invested a nickel (10 pfennig) in the game. Let's punish folks who invested in the game. Not a good business model.
https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/tournament-tutorials.24560/post-184169

if having premium expansion is going to penalize the player even in tournaments, then i wont spend any more money on this game ever.
https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/news-from-beta-may-contain-spoilers.22469/post-184166

These type of quotes might help them force to see the error of there mistake.
The tower formula has been obscured for a long while untile @MinMax Gamer spend the time to with the help of the community to figure it out.

This knowledge now severly hurt them, if this knowledge becomes more widespread it will actually hurt there income, even worse even if they later revoke this it will still linger around for a long long time, damaging elvenar even if it ain't true anymore.

Therefore the quicker they solve this the better it is for them both in the short and long run

Hekata

Artisan
I understand that for a large number of players who were mostly playing this game for the tourney scores this is a major set back and might be the reason to quite the game. If tournaments were my main interest I'd probably feel the same. But for me building my city was always my favourite part of the game and if the tourney get too hard and not motivating enough I'll just concentrate on my city. I have always wanted to build it based more on aesthetics than efficiency so if the tournaments go sideways after these changes there's my chance to transform it and just enjoy the graphics, after all they are still the one thing in this game that is as good as when I started.

Last edited:

DeletedUser9382

I think that elvenar are vastly simplifying the game in the new beta version. I assume its due to a wish to vastly simplify the computer coding by the computer programmers.It looks like the end of achieving goals by getting past each difficult phase, which occurs and simply making elvenar a boring completely linear game. It looks like elvenar wish new players to level up fast and are concntrating their programming to suit end game players

Thagdal

Sorcerer
Enemies and goods required will all now be randomised so there will be no way to plan ahead for a tournament.

im sure using your whole troop queue's and gathering every resource isnt an issue? you plan ahead for the next tournament by gathering and producing everything you can...seems a lot less tedious than producing the same goods/troops for tournaments as they are now.
Traders wont be empty of planks silk and gems in a planks tournament etc, etc, which is what they are trying to achieve. So trading should be easier.

I for one dont do tournaments very much because of the boringness of it. Im looking forward to trying this new approach.

Pauly7

Magus
im sure using your whole troop queue's and gathering every resource isnt an issue?
You quoted my post, but should've considered my previous post, which was this...

One other good point is that those fellowships who are going for 10 chests once every 4 or 5 weeks will now be prevented from ever achieving their goals, because fellows won't be able to save up specific goods and troops for those occasions.
This doesn't affect my fellowship, but for a lot of people it will have an impact.

Pauly7

Magus
I hope you don't quit @CrazyWizard. We need your wisdom... Wizardom! Seriously, though, your website was my first bookmarked resource when I started playing this game. In fact it's still a pinned link on our Discord.

Some people may indeed leave over this. For the rest of us we will change, adapt, find a different way to do it, of course. I am up for new challenges and if the game seriously does need to rebalance then I can accept that and press on. The part of this that seems fairly unacceptable, though, is that they will start to directly penalise the big spenders who are the ones that support this game and keep Elvenar in business. For those who are not spending a lot of money, sure sometimes it can be frustrating to see people advance beyond you due to how much they are prepared to spend, but it doesn't change the fact that this is a necessary part of the existence of the game. If all these people are alienated and start to walk away then that will be the end of it.