• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Discussion News from Beta (may contain spoilers!)

Jackluyt

Shaman
What Are The Details For Helping Out With Beta?

There is no restriction on the Open Beta server - anyone can join , open a new city, and play there. .
If you log out of your game, and look at the top of the drop-box list in this picture of the log-in screen, you will see it there!It is a special server where the Developers of the game test out new ideas on a group of volunteers, before releasing them in the other Servers.

The Advantage of this is that you get to see all the changes to the game two to three weeks ahead of everyone else! So you can plan changes in your Live world in advance.
Also you get access to the Beta Forum where 'advanced' players discuss the game.

The Disadvantage is that play in Beta is sometimes a bit 'buggy', though seldom anything serious.
The Developers reward you for this by making the price of Diamonds a little cheaper!

The only real difference between Beta and the other servers is that the current game version is different. (The version number appears in the bottom of the picture box while you are load the game); you can also see it on the browser version when you right click inside your city.
Typically, the versions in Live Worlds are upgraded on a Tuesday or Thursday every 2 weeks; Beta upgrades are rolled out daily.

Another question I am asked is do you lose your city in your home World if you go to Beta?
No!
They are entirely different servers and you will need to open a new account, though if you choose you can use the same User Name and Password on both..
:)

Q: HOW TO ACCESS BETA FROM THE MOBILE APP?

A: In the log-in screen where all the servers are listed, select ZZ
:)

NOTE: There are actually two Beta servers:
* 'Closed Beta' is a server where the preliminary development of game changes is tested on a small group of testers. Play is by invite only.
* 'Open Beta' is what we usually mean when we refer to Beta World. It is where stuff is tested on a large group of volunteers, to iron out any bugs before it comes to the Live Worlds. Anyone can play there.

19693709_10209538776206899_3721952765563329093_o.jpg

Jackluyt

Shaman
Here is today's Upgrade in Beta Server:

Dear Humans and Elves,
We have updated Elvenar Beta to version 1.109! Today's update includes the following content:

Improvements
  • The way Crafting Recipes are selected by the system to be shown in the Crafting tab of the Magic Academy has received a major overhaul under the hood, in an effort to make the Recipes offered more relevant. This is visible in-game by the Recipes available at any given time.
Bugfixes
  • Phoenix Artifact recipes should no longer appear in Crafting for players lacking the base resources to craft them.
  • Progression bars should have the correct size again.
Please let us know your thoughts in our feedback thread!

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Beta Team

107329699_10217170910085476_6089507764414544665_n.jpg

Julian

Sorcerer
Cheers, but isn't this the same as the update 1.08 that's just occurred in live worlds? And since when have phoenix artefacts ever appeared in crafting?

I take it there's still no news of any event / adventure. You lot over there must be getting bored.

Pauly7

Magus
Yeah I've been wondering about the difference, but I think there is supposed to be an appearance overhaul in crafting too... maybe.

When the Coldfire Phoenix event was on they included recipes to convert these artefacts to 2019 Phoenix artefacts and vice versa. Recently on Beta these all started appearing in the crafting menu again. I believe their intention was to release them just to people who have those artefacts still in their inventory. So this update fixes that mistake, but likely the fix won't need to go near Live, they will just release the conversion recipes to people who have the ability to make use of them.

There isn't any news yet about events and (more major) changes, but I've heard that we're expecting an announcement today.

Julian

Sorcerer
I see yet another event is starting in beta. Haven't we had enough of them? That will be the third since the last FA. I know we had adventures in both March and April, which was too close together, but now they're being spaced out too much. Last year, there was an FA in July, so why not this year? Why don't they do FAs, events, mini events and challenges in rotation to space them out evenly?

Jackluyt

Shaman
The new Sorcerer's Pilgrimage Questline Event Just started in Beta.

The Forum announcement is available in this event note, as well as all the other event information which I will be adding in the course of today and as the event progresses:
https://tinyurl.com/ydxprmlk

You are welcome to share the link with friends and fellowship.

107464458_10217176354461582_2724801228062130170_n.jpg

Platinum Leaf is the largest independent Facebook group for Elvenar lovers, with resources,
files and videos that you are welcome to use and share with your friends.
Join us to discuss all the latest news.

Errandil

Conjurer
So they are essentially screwing everyone who chose the wrong race with the new building :( I was really hoping that they woud change it to the mage units from the mercenary camp, or at least training grounds before the release. Not to mention that without the endless questline (I still hope that we would get it again someday) they could've made the amount of units the building produces a bit better, if I'm not mistaken, the output per square is just a bit higher than from one Valorian Valor.

Pauly7

Magus
So they are essentially screwing everyone who chose the wrong race with the new building :( I was really hoping that they woud change it to the mage units from the mercenary camp, or at least training grounds before the release.
To be fair, the number of Mages it pays out isn't even worth considering. In chapter 16 on level 10 it will give 1,140 Mages in 24 hours. It will barely register.

Errandil

Conjurer
To be fair, the number of Mages it pays out isn't even worth considering. In chapter 16 on level 10 it will give 1,140 Mages in 24 hours. It will barely register.
Over the 9 weeks cycle it adds up to something that could help non-hardcore tournament players though. Especially if the player don't have bears/not in an active spire FS. It's not like killing hundreds of squads each week is a common way of playing this game.

Pauly7

Magus
It's not like killing hundreds of squads each week is a common way of playing this game.
It does make me feel bad sometimes that on a routine basis, in the name of a weekly "tournament" I am sending out over 2 million people to die!
Over the 9 weeks cycle it adds up to something that could help non-hardcore tournament players though. Especially if the player don't have bears/not in an active spire FS.
I suppose if you are not in any way geared towards mass troop production then it may look more useful, but that sounds quite niche to me, because the Flying Academy already will throw out way more Mages than this, if someone has it and it's upgraded at all. Also, if someone doesn't produce many troops and doesn't fight very much then the extra Mages might not be interesting anyway.

You are right to mention the Brown Bear because that's the biggest reason, for me, why 1,100 Mages wouldn't even be a blip on the radar.

Errandil

Conjurer
I suppose if you are not in any way geared towards mass troop production then it may look more useful, but that sounds quite niche to me, because the Flying Academy already will throw out way more Mages than this, if someone has it and it's upgraded at all.
Fair enough. Probably I was hoping that finally we are getting some new military-orintied building, but instead I'm not sure what to do with it at all. The previous ones at least are usable for KP, and here we just get some T3 production and some population on 16 squares.

Pauly7

Magus
Fair enough. Probably I was hoping that finally we are getting some new military-orintied building, but instead I'm not sure what to do with it at all. The previous ones at least are usable for KP, and here we just get some T3 production and some population on 16 squares.
Yeah I had previously heard this billed as a military-orientated building, but it's not really up to much for that. If it paid out a lot of coins then I would be there for my Spire production. As it is I am just wondering whether 79k tools a day is enough to make it worth it, when you add the extra trimmings. 12k T3 is OK, but I don't exactly need any T3.

If they'd decided on a 2x2 with the Mages and nothing else... then that would be something cool to think about, up a spare corner.

DeletedUser8409

1140 mages? That's not even half a squad for me and I've skipped almost all optional SSs. For those who've done the optional SSs it'll be even fewer.

Even a Valorian Valor or Strategists Grounds produces more than that let alone an upgraded Flying Academy. An events Grand Prize should be better than a craftable building.