• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Discussion News from Beta (may contain spoilers!)

Jackluyt

Shaman
The Pit has the same reward as last time - 50 Points per Pit, but this version asks for 4 of each Item, not 5 as in the previous one.

Read more here: https://tinyurl.com/vjmj96k

92953444_10216458953647010_8659116314591232000_n.jpg

Julian

Sorcerer
Anyone guess at when the FA is starting? Isn't it normally a Monday, so does that make it this coming Monday or the one after?

DeletedUser9398

Julian, if I had to guess when the FA starts I would say Monday the 27th of April.

Timneh

Artisan
On Beta they had a 10 day gap between the end of the event and the start of the FA so if it is the same for live servers i would say the FA will begin on Monday 27th April.

DeletedUser8409

Chapter 15 wasn't that bad! The decent AWs at the end made up for the first 2 months grind!
The latter half just required a lot of PPs to negate any GG production of any kind!
What decent AWs?

I agree 15 wasn't that bad but the three 3* Military upgrades were the worthwhile element of the chapter. Not built either of the AWs and won't build either of 16s.

Chapter XIV was the last one with good AWs, 2 of the best in fact, but nothing decent since.

Gargon667

Mentor
Chapter 15 may be beneficial but it is so boring that i think i will abandon it. It is just mind numbing.

I guess everybody feels different. I like to finally have a chapter that needs more than 2 or 3 weeks to finish. Orcs was actually the only one, since that was the last chapter I played without a lot of PP and it took me a whole month. Since the PP spells became so common (I was on a long break from chapters in Woodelves) I have never spent more than 3 weeks on any chapter lol. Elvenar is the first one, and I am quite happy about it. We are actually forced to play the guest race a bit in the beginning which is also nice. I really like this chapter much more than anything since Orcs (that is still my favourite).

Gargon667

Mentor
What decent AWs?

I agree 15 wasn't that bad but the three 3* Military upgrades were the worthwhile element of the chapter. Not built either of the AWs and won't build either of 16s.

Chapter XIV was the last one with good AWs, 2 of the best in fact, but nothing decent since.

I agree I am not very excited about the AWs, well the Pop one might turn out to save me a couple of squares of space in the long run, when I have nothing else left to upgrade, but anyway nothing big there.
But there is quite a bit more in the chapter than the 3 unit upgrades: barracks and Merc Camp, 2 expansions, MainHall upgrades of course, ... but most important is, what there is NOT in the chapter: SS upgrades! The only chapter that does NOT negatively affect your tourney performance: so all the upgrades you get, come at no cost! In previous chapters one had to always weight the upgrades against the lost performance, and try to make it back up to 0. This time it is all on the plus side :)

Errandil

Conjurer
I was hoping that they've burned this shuffle board after the winter event. Oh well, guess we'll just have to live with this awful system appearing once in a while. At first glance I sort of dislike that now we have more mechanics awarding event currency like daily logins. This will mean less currency from quests and therefore harder time targeting some daily prizes early in the event.

Hekata

Artisan
guess we'll just have to live with this awful system appearing once in a while
If it's once in a while then fine. But I remember when they were switching from the very old 3 fixed chests system to the current 9 chests system, we also had a short period when we'd alternate between the two and then the old one disappeared completely.
Personally, I dislike the shuffle system because I'm often more interested in the daily prizes than the grand one and the shuffle system makes it hard to get even 1.

The new quests system seems interesting. I have to try it to have a definite opinion on it, but since it seems to combine fixed quests with endless quest it might be satisfying for most players.
I don't know all the benefits of the grand prize but I like how it looks. It might be the first evo building I will build since the bears. I could also use some T5, even if it will be a very modest production I'm sure.

Pauly7

Magus
An evolving building that just has culture/pop/coins doesn't sound very inventive. I know a lot of old-school grand prizes were just culture/pop, but it escapes me why everything has to be an evolving building now. I'm not against the idea of an evolving building, but I'm not sure why when they have an idea Inno uses it constantly. It would be so much more interesting if one event was an evolving building, the next was a set, the next was something else. Then they could come back to the same ideas for a long time without them losing novelty.

I don't mind the building, but let's face it... it's a tree. It should be a regular 3x3 culture/pop hybrid at the end of a 10 day mini event.

And as for the shuffle board... Sometimes I think they're gathered round in the design phase and someone goes "Hey, you know what would annoy absolutely everyone, so it'll be funny..."

Positives: Work in progress. I'll come back to you.

DeletedUser8409

The other frustrating thing with every building being evolving is the Teleport spell doesn't work on them.

Looks like yet another terrible event and once more restricted to a fixed quest series. Last decent event was the autumn one. Bring back some interesting buildings and endless quests that can provide some interest please.

Between a new chapter with nothing in it and and multiple events with nothing in it why bother?

DeletedUser6357

The new event shows once again that game owners despise their customers.