• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Discussion News from Beta (may contain spoilers!)

Hekata

Artisan
@Pauly7 As far as I can tell, it's true. It has been reported as a bug by one of the players on beta but then labelled as not a bug and Marindor has personally confirmed it. Here, if you want to see it : https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/31321-some-buildings-doesnt-improve-with-next-chapter.14761/
And yes that's what I thought too, it's a backdoor to nerfing old building. We'll see if they will release a full list of those buildings as players have asked about it. I have upgraded my Revelers fountain since woodelves I think, and that at this point it would be fair that if one would delete it they could get their RR spells back. I see it as not only nerfing old building making RR spells less valuable too.

Deleted User - 1759805

@Pauly7 As far as I can tell, it's true. It has been reported as a bug by one of the players on beta but then labelled as not a bug and Marindor has personally confirmed it. Here, if you want to see it : https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/31321-some-buildings-doesnt-improve-with-next-chapter.14761/
Dammit, just when I thought that all the nerfing was slowing down... Quite frankly, if they're trying to squeeze all of the high-performance players out, they're doing a great job at it.

m4rt1n

Adept
Did you honestly expect that when some buildings grow with each chapter that they would not in a new chapter?

When you get to endgame like us then you will understand, yes some buildings grow each chapter, but just being a little sarcastic helps no one, especially feedback for the developers. :)

Sir Derf

Adept
As a side note, is 'nerfed' really the right term here? As I understand it, no previous stat has been lowered. It's just that the expected level increase hasn't been offered.

I propose "x-shoted".

Pauly7

Magus
It's still a comparative nerf as they are allowing increases on older/better buildings to fall behind those of the newer/less good ones.

I call it a "backdoor nerf". You can bet that any of your favourite old buildings that have such great stats will be on the list of upgrade freezes.

Paladestar

Enchanter
Yep, just noticed this myself when planning for ch16. Frost Carved Christmas Tree gains no mana production. Burning Pool goes from 12.6K to 12.9K. Lava Egg goes from 64K to 66K. Etc. Like Pauly7 said, feels like a stealth nerf - they don't stick the the usual scaling for older mana production event buildings that are very powerful. Same with the new AWs in the Elvenar chapter, broke all the usual rules/patterns for how they scale.

Checked Venar's Rocks III and they still scale at almost the same rate as the Magic Resi. does going into chapter 16, so it doesn't look like the stealth nerf has spread to the powerful pop/cult buildings (yet!), although, I guess it is the Thermal Spring of Youth's job to make those types of pop/cult event buildings less appealing.

Edit: ... and oh look, the cost of new magic buildings goes from 1400 to 2000 in chapter 16. What's the betting this means that they will need 2 blueprints or 600 diamonds each to upgrade from ch15 to ch16?

AstralSoul

Illusionist
Sometimes hard to understand, let's all hope they don't good too greedy. I usually support INNO and get hated for it, but @Paladestar you do have indeed a point. And being in woodelves and spending real cash, I don't like to see that neither.

Hekata

Artisan
Dammit, just when I thought that all the nerfing was slowing down... Quite frankly, if they're trying to squeeze all of the high-performance players out, they're doing a great job at it.

It's one nerf after another and it's staring to be really annoying. Maybe they are doing it so they can give new powerful buildings in the future and they don't want old players to have too many powerful buildings but that's still not ok imo. It makes no sense to punish players who have been with this game for a long time. If they want to do something for new players only they can do that. This event was clearly aimed at them and I'm ok with that. Not everything has to be a benefit to old / high-performance players. But we have invested time and effort to get those buildings and RR spells (or/and diamonds) to upgrade them so this "backdoor nerf", as Pauly calls it, really feels unfair.
And on a more personal note, in most cases I prefer the aesthetics of the old buildings to the new ones, so I'd really like to keep them without them becoming useless even if we get new powerful ones.
I have recently entered constructs and I absolutely love the way the settlement looks, it's by far my favourite chapter. I think I will stay here for a long time and see how thing evolve before deciding if I want to move forward.

@MinMax Gamer Thank you for bringing this issue to the main Chapter 16 thread on Beta. I know it probably won't make a difference but at least it will have some reaction to it.

Jackluyt

Shaman
A new FA started on Thursday 9th

Here are the core facts that you are welcome to share with friends and fellowship
https://tinyurl.com/vjmj96k

I will add the spreadsheet tomorrow.

88248310_10216097712216200_362686769553997824_n.jpg

Here are the Prizes:

92354792_10216405406428363_4186603016264089600_n.jpg

• Stage One
    10 KP Ancient Knowledge
    Carting Library
    15 KP Ancient Knowledge
  • Stage Two
    15 KP Ancient Knowledge
    Coldfire Phoenix Artifact
    20 KP Ancient Knowledge
  • Stage Three
    20 Hour Booster
    Coldfire Phoenix Artifact
    15 KP Ancient Knowledge
Here is a link to our EPL Spreadsheet, based on the original by Terriann Banister.
https://tinyurl.com/refequx
It is in Google Docs - you are welcome to copy it and use it for your own Fellowship to plan the Event!!

This FA is very similar to the previous event, but needs about 20% less of each Item per waypoint.

93272854_10216444528086380_1238523101919051776_n.jpg

Platinum Leaf is a free to join Facebook group with more than 6000 members.
You and your friends are welcome to join for all the latest news and discussion

Last edited:

Timneh

Artisan
My FS will not be taking part in this new FA. Nobody found the last one to be any fun or got any enjoyment from it. No one is really interested in building such a low value building as the new phoenix so they don't want the artifacts in the FA so we are skipping it and judging from the comments being made it will not be the last one we skip.

Gargon667

Mentor
The only good new is the upcoming FA lol.
I wasn´t a fan of chapter 16 at first glace, with the upgrade freeze on good buildings it makes even less sense to bother. I will go into the chapter and get a few interesting techs (expansions mainly), but I will certainly not finish it. 2 obligatory SS upgrades in the end? No way! And nothing in there that benefits tourney performance in any way? A completely pointless chapter unless you like to get extra ranking points (which I don´t). The only thing I will loose by not finishing is the last level on the Main Hall, but that is certainly not worth 2 SS upgrades.
As much as people complain about chapter 15, it is one of the most beneficial chapters for tourney performance in the game. Yes it is hard to play, but at least you get a good bang for your buck. Barracks and Merc Camp upgrades, 2 expansions and 2.5 (the Vallorians are the half) very important unit upgrades with 0 SS upgrades dragging down performance. It doesn´t get much better. Together with 2 insanely awesome AWs in the end of Constructs this part of the game really boosts performance. Apparently that´s it. No point continuing to play chapters after that. Guess I will just keep killing it in the team events... at least those are always fun :D

DeletedUser5037

Chapter 15 wasn't that bad! The decent AWs at the end made up for the first 2 months grind!
The latter half just required a lot of PPs to negate any GG production of any kind!

m4rt1n

Adept
Chapter 15 wasn't that bad! The decent AWs at the end made up for the first 2 months grind!
The latter half just required a lot of PPs to negate any GG production of any kind!

Agreed, once you got mid way, the chapter became a breeze with loads of PP and sentient goods to hand.