• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Discussion News from Beta (may contain spoilers!)

Jackluyt

Shaman
The new Guest Race is in Beta!

Read more here: https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/chapter-16-embassies.14742/

92130960_10216384726431376_3285910711724670976_n.jpg

Killiak

Artisan
@Silmaril @Muf-Muf

Two questions;
- Why are the AW's so terrible? Ranking points are useless in terms of an efficiënt city, an AW that gives KP will never pay back its costs, and Droneriders are barely useful anywhere.
- I see Workshops get higher levels, but do they change shape? And if yes, why do they change shape two chapters in a row?

Looking at the costs in terms of KP, the tech tree takes nearly 7000kp! This is over twice the amount of ch15.
Wow.

Pauly7

Magus
I think there's a trend now of new Ancient Wonders which are less and less attractive. It follows a pattern of several other game elements.

DeletedUser6357

The only interesting thing is who will be able to complete the chapter in less than 4-4.5 months without paying piles of diamonds.
Anyone who has completed a previous chapter should have the resources they need for the first few technologies in the new chapter.
The new ancient wonders do not make me want to own and develop them.

Killiak

Artisan
@Killiak as always this only gives a snapshot of the upcoming chapter and does not take into consideration other improvements that our developers are constantly working on. All I can say is ''watch this space'' at this point but I do not think you will be disappointed.

Been around for years, and the snapshots are usually very close to the finished product, no matter what the users say.
We will see.

DeletedUser8409

@Killiak as always this only gives a snapshot of the upcoming chapter and does not take into consideration other improvements that our developers are constantly working on. All I can say is ''watch this space'' at this point but I do not think you will be disappointed.
Unless there's a dramatic change then yes I'm extraordinarily disappointed from what is showing on Beta.

1: Ranking points are useless. Fair enough to have one AW offer ranking points but BOTH of them? What a waste! Could nobody think of something different like a Spire cooldown boost (like Timewarp) or something else?
2: Where are the military upgrades? There aren't any new troop upgrades in this entire chapter! And the only meaningful change is to the Training Grounds which despite being a chapter later than the Mercenary Camp and Barracks upgrades of Elvenar gets no faster training speed than the prior chapters buildings. It should be training faster than Mercenary Camp/Barracks since its at a later chapters upgrade than them (and locked past compulsory SS upgrades of course!)

I see no purpose in even starting this chapter. Have to do 2 compulsory SS upgrades for no faster training, no new troops, no new Wonders with any use whatsoever. Why even bother?

Jaxom

Alchemist
Residences change from 5x3 to 5x4
Workshops change from 5x5 to 5x6
I agree that it the wonders are horrible. I have never even built the early wonder that gives ranking points.
No troops upgrades, all are now at level 3.
No Barracks change. Upgrades for armories (same size) and Training Ground (goes to 7x4 like the Armories)

I may work on it on my Beta world but no real plan to do so on live worlds. Nothing truly useful is being offered.

DeletedUser5037

I'm not usually the negative type on this forum... but... I might just leave this chapter!
Or, at least, get the three "normal" expansions... then just leave this chapter!

Let's hope there are changes in LIVE. Lots of them! Lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots!
-PUHLEEZE-

CrazyWizard

Shaman
Unless there's a dramatic change then yes I'm extraordinarily disappointed from what is showing on Beta.

1: Ranking points are useless. Fair enough to have one AW offer ranking points but BOTH of them? What a waste! Could nobody think of something different like a Spire cooldown boost (like Timewarp) or something else?
2: Where are the military upgrades? There aren't any new troop upgrades in this entire chapter! And the only meaningful change is to the Training Grounds which despite being a chapter later than the Mercenary Camp and Barracks upgrades of Elvenar gets no faster training speed than the prior chapters buildings. It should be training faster than Mercenary Camp/Barracks since its at a later chapters upgrade than them (and locked past compulsory SS upgrades of course!)

I see no purpose in even starting this chapter. Have to do 2 compulsory SS upgrades for no faster training, no new troops, no new Wonders with any use whatsoever. Why even bother?

It would have been cool if the secondary power would have been a reduction in negotiation cost in there respective parts fo the game.
A "timewarp" power for spire is even more useless than the current one. we already had a massive time reduction.

Deleted User - 1759805

A "timewarp" power for spire is even more useless than the current one. we already had a massive time reduction.
Not to mention that Spire time reduction is solved with time instants efficiently. You can't do that with tournaments.

DeletedUser8409

It would have been cool if the secondary power would have been a reduction in negotiation cost in there respective parts fo the game.
I'm not saying that should be the power its just a suggestion - many others are available.

But anything would be better than 2 Wonders both giving utterly useless ranking points.

Paladestar

Enchanter
We're getting to the stage where some 'normal' buildings are going to give more score per square than level 30 Ancient Wonders do. What's the plan to 'correct' this?

CrazyWizard

Shaman
We're getting to the stage where some 'normal' buildings are going to give more score per square than level 30 Ancient Wonders do. What's the plan to 'correct' this?

Are you considering the points per square for the entire chain or just the building itself?
A Wonder is a self standing solution while other need a chain of support buildings that in total dillute the points per square.

Hekata

Artisan
I can only agree that both AWs focusing on ranking points is too much. Don't we already have one that does that? So it's 3 AWs with an effect that is targeting to only a very small minority of top players. AW are supposed to be special buildings that benefit the game, that's why they are so expensive. Ranking doesn't improve our game in anyway.
I think that AWs should get an effects that focuses on the spire, as it has already been pointed out. We are more or less forced to play it now (if we want boosters and diamonds) so it's time to have an AW that helps out with it. And I also think it's time to get a wonder who helps the traders. The majority of wonders is for fighting and it would be fair to get a wonder for those who only want to trade. One that lowers the trading costs (either in the tourney or the spire, or both) or at least one that gives a reward (goods, mana, seeds, orcs....) per tournament/world map province negotiated.

DeletedUser1874

Two more wonders focusing on ranking points? You gotta be kidding me. The only use I could possibly see in the Spire AW is an alternative to the ToS for lategame players who want even more KPs, however given long it'll be for the investment to repay itself it's likely that only those who push themselves with multiaccounts (a practice which after many years and to my utmost amazement is theoretically forbidden but de facto allowed). The other one is so pitiful it doesn't even deserve to be mentioned. Drone riders? What a mockery.

As to the rest, it doesn't look promising either.
Annoying swelling of multiple buildings, even a bigger amount of resources needed than in the already annoying Chapter XV, mandatory squad size upgrades (squad size upgrades not being mandatory was perhaps one of the only redeeming factors of Chapter XV, good job), no new units andd/or upgrades, in short no new interesting stuff, only new nuisances.

CrazyWizard

Shaman
I can only agree that both AWs focusing on ranking points is too much. Don't we already have one that does that? So it's 3 AWs with an effect that is targeting to only a very small minority of top players. AW are supposed to be special buildings that benefit the game, that's why they are so expensive. Ranking doesn't improve our game in anyway.
I think that AWs should get an effects that focuses on the spire, as it has already been pointed out. We are more or less forced to play it now (if we want boosters and diamonds) so it's time to have an AW that helps out with it. And I also think it's time to get a wonder who helps the traders. The majority of wonders is for fighting and it would be fair to get a wonder for those who only want to trade. One that lowers the trading costs (either in the tourney or the spire, or both) or at least one that gives a reward (goods, mana, seeds, orcs....) per tournament/world map province negotiated.

Is it? I hear this so often its getting old, I am going to plot it down now and see what is the truth,
especially since the tower now also asks for many goods we previously never connected to negotiators, we now need mana, seeds, supplies, coins, sentient so much more.

1586467724206.png

Completely even, and the new wonders wil tip it over to fighters just slightly with tournament arena being the only wonder that benefits fighters with free units. (that I don't even like)

So while I agree that I would love to see some more decent second power besides the rank points, like for example negotiation cost reduction in either tower or tournament depending on which wonder you have. I hope we can finally dump this whole wole wonders are made for fighters attetude I see to many times on the many forums.