• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Discussion News from Beta (may contain spoilers!)

Fyrebird

Spellcaster
Storing old, useless event buildings (such as Burukbrak's Bridge of Love) if you're like me and like having useless stuff in the inventory because they were a one-time thing and you'd feel bad deleting them as they remind you of happier times, where Elvenar's events felt more like a game and less like FOMO-ridden jobs.
I'm so glad I'm not the only nostalgic one! After reading about all the strategic uses of the teleport I felt vaguely stupid for saving an old event building 'cos I thought it was cute.

Killiak

Artisan
‘The Shivering Tale of Dr Freakenspleen’ is a new Halloween 32 quest mini-event, running in Beta from 14th - 23rd October 2019.

So we are getting a Guest Race, a crafting challenge, and another event.

@Muf-Muf I am SO glad we are heard on our feedback. Specifically the one where people keep saying they are getting overwhelmed by the number of events and happenings. So glad.

Errandil

Conjurer
I was thinking to sell the T1 too as they rebuild fast enough but is it even worth it? We have like max a week between events and we need 3-4 days to rebuild. So I'd have like free space for 4 days and then I'd have to start all over again? I can't really build a guest race settlement and tear it down in that time. This is ridiculous. This game is going completely off balance and staring to make no sense to me anymore.
I hope that the mini-event could be done with a small amount of workshops and manus, so some could be removed safely. Also it looks like we are getting at least some rest, or something as close to rest as we can get in this game lately: two weeks before the mini-event, then 10 days of it, and then no less than two weeks before the whatever happens next. So we may expect about a month and a half of relatively calm city development. From the look of the event quests so far they can be done without too much trouble.

DeletedUser8409

So we are getting a Guest Race, a crafting challenge, and another event.

@Muf-Muf I am SO glad we are heard on our feedback. Specifically the one where people keep saying they are getting overwhelmed by the number of events and happenings. So glad.
To be fair this is a mini event with a story and for Hallowe'en. There's been a Hallowe'en mini event every single year since I joined and I'd be rather disappointed if they didn't bother with that.

Hallowe'en is just a bit of fun and a mini event series like this is a bit of fun. These quests are typically easy and the storyline is normally entertaining. Hopefully it's not random and we just have a nice little story to follow.

Deleted User - 1759805

I hope that the mini-event could be done with a small amount of workshops and manus, so some could be removed safely. Also it looks like we are getting at least some rest, or something as close to rest as we can get in this game lately: two weeks before the mini-event, then 10 days of it, and then no less than two weeks before the whatever happens next. So we may expect about a month and a half of relatively calm city development. From the look of the event quests so far they can be done without too much trouble.
I am pretty sure there will be an FA somewhere in between, and don't forget that chapter 15 is hitting live at the same time for those who are end game.

Errandil

Conjurer
I am pretty sure there will be an FA somewhere in between, and don't forget that chapter 15 is hitting live at the same time for those who are end game.
I'm dreading that we'll get an FA as well, but they will probably start it not the day the mini event finishes on beta (at least I hope so). The closest the next big activity can be is November, 7th, with the usual two weeks delay, but more likely to be at least 11th or so. I'm trying to stay positive and hope that it will be more than a month, especially since for me the new chapter arrived a week into the current event and I'd like to be able to actually play it.

DeletedUser8409

I'm dreading that we'll get an FA as well, but they will probably start it not the day the mini event finishes on beta (at least I hope so). The closest the next big activity can be is November, 7th, with the usual two weeks delay, but more likely to be at least 11th or so. I'm trying to stay positive and hope that it will be more than a month, especially since for me the new chapter arrived a week into the current event and I'd like to be able to actually play it.
If it follows the usual pattern then December will be the next major monthlong event. That leaves time for a minor event, probably FA in November.

If my Fellows are I'll be quite content to ignore the FA besides clearing maps.

DeletedUser6357

of course you'd have to go through the daunting process of getting the WWs, which means actually playing the events on 3 servers, which is pure masochism.
I saw a screenshot with 3 full bears and one small brown bear. :eek:
Diamond farms have been easy on previous events. In this event I played for WW only in my capital.
I have made 24 premium expansions and can now play more comfortably.

DeletedUser8573

so... if you manage to get 9 artifacts from event and you remove bear from your inventory you can get it from academy again?

Pauly7

Magus
so... if you manage to get 9 artifacts from event and you remove bear from your inventory you can get it from academy again?
It's only really any good if you missed the event completely as if a bear is either built or sitting in your inventory that will prevent it appearing in the crafting menu.

m4rt1n

Adept

In theory, you could craft it at a higher chapter in the future if you do not have the bear in inventory or placed in your city.

That's a bit of a gamble though as to when it will appear and personally I'd use 9RR spells per chapter instead.

DeletedUser8573

yeah. I'm just trying to think why would it be useful to craft it. if you didn't participate to the event you would have only few artifacts tops (eg. from FA) and evolving building in lower stages is not useful or pretty.

Pauly7

Magus
yeah. I'm just trying to think why would it be useful to craft it. if you didn't participate to the event you would have only few artifacts tops (eg. from FA) and evolving building in lower stages is not useful or pretty.
Yeah I can't really figure it out either. Except for what @m4rt1n says I suppose, but that's such a small niche - so if I have collected 9 artefacts in the event, don't build the bear and subsequently I decide I would like it to be of a higher chapter, so I delete the bear from the inventory and wait for a new one to appear to be crafted.

DeletedUser8409

I think the idea is that the artifacts may be used in future events and these bears can be crafted by anyone who missed the event.

EG last FA gave Stonehenge Artifacts but players may not have been around for Stonehenge event.