• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Discussion News from Beta (may contain spoilers!)

DeletedUser3571

Well from what I've seen on the forum, some people are going to be happy. Prizes for FA include 2 Stonehenge artefacts, 2 mermaids artefacts as well a lot of awkp.

Jackluyt

Shaman
Here is a preview of the FA that started in Beta today, with details of Stages, Prizes and Fellowship Awards.
The version that hits the Live World will probably be identical.

Prizes include Mermaid Artifacts and Stonehenge Artifacts.

You are welcome to share the link with friends and fellowships!

https://tinyurl.com/yxorwkp5

38825081_10212251412301106_724814935661477888_n.jpg

Deleted User - 384643

Yeah, more Phoenix artifacts would be welcome; I'd like to place a Storm Phoenix and level it up to 10.
Any Stonehenge/Mermaid artifact will be just be disenchanted for the 3K spell fragments they give.

DeletedUser3571

i don't want them, but I've seen a lot of people saying they want Stonehenge

Hekata

Artisan
I don't mind the Stonhenge artifacts since mine is at LV9, but I would also have preferred a Phoenix one. I have the storm Phoenix on lv10 and now I'd like to have a decent fire one too. Those birds are still the best prizes we got in a long long time.
(and I have enough mermaids artifacts to give me SF up to chapter 20 probably)

Hekata

Artisan
@yo momma love me You are talking about overachievers but that's maybe because you are in that kind of fellowship (idk, I didn't check). That's not my case and probably not the case for many players. We usually struggle to finish the adventures and get the prizes so it's not at all about rankings and bragging. I do postpone to start the chapter often because I want to help my fellowship. I have entered elementals before the previous FA, and postponed building anything beyond 2 canals until it was over and then postponed again because of this event and the random character of it which requires more space than usually. And now with a new FA coming soon, what do I do, postpone again? I can not play events but I do like them and the prizes you get there are often very helpful for the game. Who wants to go back to playing the game without boosters or AWKPs? (like you I often prefer the daily prizes to the main one, but that's not the point). And my experience with this event is different than yours. The more corals you get the more prizes you get (booster, PP, KPs...). I used a lot of boosters to complete faster those long quests you mention but I gained a lot more than that by being able to open more chests (well seashells technically).

My point being (and I have seen someone other say it, sorry I can't remember who now) that I will keep playing events but I enjoy them less because they become almost a daily chore rather than something I am looking forward to. Also I have to agree with a few members here (sorry again for not remembering who or where they wrote it and being lazy to go look for it now) that by throwing too many events and activities at us Inno will make a lot of players crash and burn because it's not the relaxed game it was when we started (some of us at least). Admittedly when I joined it was bit too slow, then it was improved to have just the right balance, but now to me it feels too much.

One last thing, you are the 2nd person to suggest to me to skip quests to save space and yes that is a good advice and I will do it next time they ask me for something I don't need at all :)

DeletedUser4234

We have THREE Phoenix buildings, so Phoenix artifacts is a must.
I suggest:
2nd chest: Phoenix + Stonehedge
3rd chest Phoenix + Mermaid

Jackluyt

Shaman
Changes in Beta to Crafting!!
  • Several changes were introduced for the Crafting system in the Magic Academy. These changes align the costs and benefits of certain items and follow player feedback on recipe availability and clutter:
    • Changed recipe timer from 8 hours to 6 hours, reduced Diamond costs for the earlier creation of new recipes from 75 to 50 Diamonds.
    • Several new recipes were added into the Crafting rotation.
      • The following evolving buildings can be crafted for 1200 Spell Fragments and 8 Combining Catalysts if no other instance of the same building is present in either city or inventory:
        • Fire Phoenix (Stage 1)
        • Storm Phoenix (Stage 1)
        • Aureate Phoenix (Stage 1)
        • Stonehenge (Stage 1)
        • Mermaid's Paradise (Stage 1)
      • 30x Royal Restoration - 3150 Spell Fragments, 3 Blueprints
      • Portal Profit 20% - 3000 Spell Fragments, 10 Combining Catalysts
      • Booster 20h - 960 Spell Fragments, 3 Combining Catalysts
    • Lowered the number of available Pet Food recipes in the recipe pool. This should allow players without pets to craft more meaningful items while players with pets can keep gathering food to activate Pet Food effects for special occasions.
    • Removed recipes for items that were not commonly crafted and/or brought clutter to the recipe list.
      • Summer Flower Cage
      • Arbor of Spring Flowers
      • Leaf Codex
      • Sun Codex
      • Frozen Flame Blue
      • Frozen Flame Orange
      • Frozen Flame Green
      • Winter Shrine
      • Coin Rain 5%
      • Coin Rain 10%
      • Coin Rain 15%
      • Coin Rain 20%
    • Adjusted recipe costs and Vision Vapor returns for several Instants to streamline crafting costs across the different versions of the Spell:
      • Portal Profit 5% - 300 Spell Fragments (was: 600), 8 Vision Vapor (was: 9)
      • Portal Profit 10% - 1300 Spell Fragments (was: 900), 16 Vision Vapor (was: 14)
      • Portal Profit 15% - 1850 Spell Fragments (was: 1350), 9 Combining Catalysts (was: 7), 23 Vision Vapor (was: 17)
      • Ancient Knowledge 3 - 175 Spell Fragments (was: 450), 2 Broken Shards (was: 1)
      • Ancient Knowledge 10 - 300 Spell Fragments (was: 1100), 6 Broken Shards (was: 3)
      • Ancient Knowledge 15 - 450 Spell Fragments (was: 1300), 8 Broken Shards (was: 5)
      • Coin Rain 25% - 420 Spell Fragments (was: 353)
      • Coin Rain 33% - 750 Spell Fragments (was: 592)
      • Coin Rain 50% - 600 Spell Fragments (was: 598), 4 Combining Catalysts (was: 3), 9 Vision Vapor (was: 7)
      • Coin Rain 100% - 1200 Spell Fragments (was: 750), 6 Combining Catalysts (was: 5), 15 Vision Vapor (was: 12)
      • Supply Windfall 5% - 300 Spell Fragments (was: 454), 1 Vision Vapor (was: 2)
      • Supply Windfall 10% - 570 Spell Fragments (was: 253), 0 Combining Catalysts (was: 1), 2 Vision Vapor (was: 3)
      • Supply Windfall 15% (was: 2x Supply Windfall 15%) - 390 Spell Fragments (was: 466), 1 Combining Catalyst (was: 3), 3 Vision Vapor (was: 7)
      • Supply Windfall 20% - 630 Spell Fragments (was: 638)
      • Supply Windfall 25% (was: 2x Supply Windfall 25%) - 420 Spell Fragments (was: 704), 2 Combining Catalysts (was: 4), 5 Vision Vapor (was: 10)
      • Supply Windfall 33% - 750 Spell Fragments (was: 592)
      • Supply Windfall 50% - (was 2x Supply Windfall 50%) - 600 Spell Fragments (was: 1177), 4 Combining Catalysts (was: 6), 9 Vision Vapor (was: 15)
      • Supply Windfall 100% - 1200 Spell Fragments (was: 750), 6 Combining Catalysts (was: 5), 15 Vision Vapor (was: 12)
    • Lowered the amount of Spell Fragments earned by disenchanting event buildings by 50%. Subsequently lowered recipe costs and gained Vision Vapor for event buildings in Crafting.
      • Silver Unicorn - 150 Spell Fragments (was: 300), 1 Combining Catalyst (was: 2), 2 Vision Vapor (was: 5)
      • Crystal Unicorn - 150 Spell Fragments (was: 300), 1 Combining Catalyst (was: 2), 2 Vision Vapor (was: 5)
      • Frozen Unicorn - 150 Spell Fragments (was: 300), 1 Combining Catalyst (was: 2), 2 Vision Vapor (was: 5)
      • Candy Cane Unicorn - 150 Spell Fragments (was: 300), 1 Combining Catalyst (was: 2), 2 Vision Vapor (was: 5)
      • Lava Codex - 300 Spell Fragments (was: 600), 2 Combining Catalysts (was: 4), 5 Vision Vapor (was: 9)
      • Rainbow Flower Cage - 150 Spell Fragments (was: 300), 0 Combining Catalyst (was: 1), 1 Vision Vapor (was: 2)
      • Rainbow Unicorn - 150 Spell Fragments (was: 300), 1 Combining Catalyst (was: 2), 2 Vision Vapor (was: 5)
      • Frozen Flame Purple - 300 Spell Fragments (was: 600), 2 Combining Catalysts (was: 4), 5 Vision Vapor (was: 9)
      • Forest Igloo - 150 Spell Fragments (was: 300), 1 Combining Catalyst (was: 2), 2 Vision Vapor (was: 5)
      • Frozen Tree Stump Magic - 150 Spell Fragments (was: 300), 1 Combining Catalyst (was: 2), 2 Vision Vapor (was: 5)
      • Grounds of the Orc Strategist - 600 Spell Fragments (was: 1200), 4 Combining Catalysts (was: 8), 9 Vision Vapor (was: 19)
      • Orc Nest - 600 Spell Fragments (was: 1200), 4 Combining Catalysts (was: 8), 9 Vision Vapor (was: 19)
      • Vallorian Valor - 900 Spell Fragments (was: 1350), 4 Combining Catalysts (was: 9), 11 Vision Vapor (was: 21)
      • Mana Sawmill - 600 Spell Fragments (was: 1500), 4 Combining Catalysts (was: 10), 9 Vision Vapor (was: 23)
      • Traveling Merchant I - 450 Spell Fragments (was: 750), 3 Combining Catalysts (was: 5), 7 Vision Vapor (was: 12)
      • Traveling Merchant II - 450 Spell Fragments (was: 900), 3 Combining Catalysts (was: 6), 7 Vision Vapor (was: 14)
      • Traveling Merchant III - 450 Spell Fragments (was: 1050), 3 Combining Catalysts (was: 7), 7 Vision Vapor (was: 16)
      • Festival Merchant - 900 Spell Fragments (was: 1800), 6 Combining Catalysts (was: 12), 14 Vision Vapor (was: 28)
Please let us know your thoughts in our feedback thread!

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Beta Team

DeletedUser8632

Also, and I want to state this explicitly because I am well aware that I am very often very critical of game development matters.

I immensely appreciate that the crafting selection is going to be decluttered and that not just one or two but the whole range of crafting choices with questionable benefit are removed. Bravo. Thank you.

alsael

Enchanter
Now it is best to hold on to your artifacts.You can craft a much stronger evolving building as you progress through the chapters and you can evolve it when you want,a much better building:)

DeletedUser8632

Now it is best to hold on to your artifacts.You can craft a much stronger evolving building as you progress through the chapters and you can evolve it when you want,a much better building:)

I agree in principle I just find the Mermaid thingy mediocre at best and incredibly ugly. I can't stand more than one of those things in my city :D

Fyrebird

Spellcaster
Too many events means their business partners haven't seen a big enough return on their investment, nothing more.
Just had a total 'aha' moment. I'm now feeling a certain amount of sympathy for INNO developers who are between a rock and a hard place. On the one hand are players bitchin about too many events/not enough cool prizes and on the other partners who have invested into their business and are wanting to see profits. Its just a titan clash of perspective! For us its fun and games, for them its business forecasts and accounts. Here we run away from our jobs, but this IS their job. I can drink wine while I play, them not so much :rolleyes:

Pauly7

Magus
Interesting changes. Should be for the better. I guess I'd better not disenchant my Aureate Phoenix or my Mermaid thingy.

DeletedUser8921

hmmm, so if you are a beginning player right now, you might be better off hanging on to say Mermaid artifacts and crafting the Mermaid's Paradise or Stonehenge when you are in a later chapter (after selling the one in your inventory for spell fragments). Personally I wouldn't give up my fire phoenix even though he's only chapter 2 now (soon to be chapter 3 when I have enough RRs). But for players who make fast progress, it might be worth it just to wait to use those evolutions until they can get a building that's in a later chapter through crafting.

m4rt1n

Adept
Any word of Phoenix Artifacts being made available to go along with the new crafting recipes for the base level buildings.