• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Discussion News from Beta (may contain spoilers!)

DeletedUser3571

Fellowship Adventure starting on beta on Monday 26th, so we on live should get it 2 weeks later

Hekata

Artisan
I guess I will start to build my elementals settlement... never...

DeletedUser1874

Way too soon. It's almost as if there's a will to keep us addicted and logged in more and more. No amount of clicks will ever be enough. Eventually this will backfire as people will get burned out - which is exactly how and why some years ago I signed up for Elvenar - similar games had me burned out, so I abandoned them. Just saying.

Pauly7

Magus
The beauty of Elvenar is the relaxation. There isn't the chaos and annoyance of other similar games where players can keep attacking you. This is a place where you can come and calmly tinker with your city, building it how you like and progressing as you like. As others are saying, too much chaos with features and events will be the downfall of Elvenar, even if you think it draws new players in.

Timneh

Artisan
Like i have already said on the spire of eternity thread i think all these events/challenges/FAs etc are so the end game players have something to do. Just my personal opinion.

DeletedUser4149

Like i have already said on the spire of eternity thread i think all these events/challenges/FAs etc are so the end game players have something to do. Just my personal opinion.
yeah, "don't go to that water or theme park because there's too much to do" said nobody ever.

actually, i think adventures are kind of boring and dumb. "yah! i ran 60 factories and made 20 necklaces! now i'm almost as proud of myself as i was when i won that nobel prize a few years ago."
but don't forget that they ARE OPTIONAL. if it's too soon (still 2 weeks away though. people might feel differently 2 weeks from now) or too often, just don't do them. don't join or stay in a fellowship that demands that you do them. i'm not a fan of them but they can have one every week if they want. why should that bother me?

i'd blame an inflated ego or a desire to overachieve as the problem here instead of the game makers for giving us too many choices for things to do. if you've ever seen the social media sites involving this game or read some of the fellowship overviews, then i'm sure you've seen too many people brag about how great they did in things like this. some of these same people are the ones complaining about us having too many adventures. no wonder they are the ones that are tired of doing too many of them.

if there are too many events or adventures for you, please don't try to ruin other people's fun by asking for less of them.
what's worse than too many events or adventures is not having enough to do while we're here and waiting for months for them to add a new chapter.

Killiak

Artisan
if there are too many events or adventures for you, please don't try to ruin other people's fun by asking for less of them.
what's worse than too many events or adventures is not having enough to do while we're here and waiting for months for them to add a new chapter.

It's not about ruining other people's fun, and I find it a bit odd that you would think so. It almost sounds like you are throwing an accusation around to invalidate another opinion, and I doubt this was how you meant it to come across as.

Regardless, Inno is throwing a lot of events, challenges, updates etc in quick succession at the players, and "The Fear of Missing Out" is a real thing that is undoubtedly used worldwide as a marketing and sales mechanism. Personally, I would prefer to have some short moments of peace and catching my breath inbetween events and happenings.

The keyword is 'balance', and we could use a bit of that.

/[2 cents.]

Last edited:

Hekata

Artisan
Ah but see @yo momma love me, most people are not at the end of the tech tree and they love doing events and don't want to miss out becasue it gives them nice prizes and it's fun. So doing these events slows them down considerably to get to the place where you are so you can enjoy the events fully.

Based on what I've read on the beta forum form I am not overly enthusiastic for the Spire but since it's a weekly thing like the tournaments it will give the players at the end of the tech tree something to do and maybe the events can be a bit further apart so those of us who still have guest races to deal with and need the space for it can concentrate on that.

And even if it's not the main point of your post I disagree about the adventures. They are about coordinating with your fellows to achieve a goal and not about the number of necklaces made. I can make 100 and I won't get the prizes if the other players don't contribute and make other items or don't deliver them in time or don't stick to the right path. If anything getting to the end of a FA is more challenging than getting a LV10 building from an event. All that the event requires is lots of space and luck. With the current system if you don't have lots of space it requires even more luck but if you have lots of space you don't need luck at all because you can just keep going until you get what you want. And I am going to assume that players at the end of the tech tree have lots of space ;)

DeletedUser4149

Hekata if adventures are so fun, then what's the problem w/ having more of them? as far as events, which i like, people can always focus more on some than others, especially if they are using too much of their land for their portal at the time. you don't have to do well in every single event and adventure. do a lot in ones that happen while you're in between portals and maybe sacrifice just a week or 2 of research for them. i found it worthwhile to postpone research for most events, at least for major ones.

there are usually many good daily prizes to win besides wanting to evolve our grand prize buildings fully. actually, there are diminishing returns the more quests you complete. yeah, rewards usually increase the more quests we complete but not in proportion to the amount of work involved to complete them. people can usually complete the first few dozen quests in just a day or 2. by now, it's taking people a day or more just to complete a couple of quests, like scouting, gaining vapor, and completing provinces. adventures are the same. it's too easy to just earn 2 chests, not very hard to complete 3, and there's not much to gain from doing more than that unless you want to overachieve and finish in the top 20.

you are right that are adventures can be more fun than the way i described them. i was being "something i shouldn't type here" by ripping on them. planning the first couple for my fellowships was fun but got old and boring to me quickly. but my point is that just because too many adventures wouldn't be fun for me, i don't think we should have less of them if others enjoy them. i wouldn't want us to have fewer events. more options are a good thing.

DeletedUser4149

again, we don't have to over achieve in every single adventure and event. i used to win more prize buildings than i could use. i'm sure a lot of people did. so then they created crafting to give us a use for buildings that we won too many of. but we don't need to win too many buildings just so that we can craft more stuff that we don't have room for.

Pauly7

Magus
but don't forget that they ARE OPTIONAL. if it's too soon
I'm inclined to agree with your sentiment, but the problem is when you are trying to achieve something as a group, i.e. a tournament, and too many extra activities take away people's attention or their resources. That's my only real problem with The Spire, having not yet seen it in the flesh. It is all about choices of course and I've often said the same thing about choosing not to participate, but as it stands the rewards from a tournament far outweigh anything else, plus it's something that a Fellowship agrees to do together.

Lelanya

Mentor
Marindor has been chatting with several of us on the Beta Forum and has inquired, on the company's behalf, about the complaining, and about why so many of us engage in the event if it doesn't suit our play style. Several of us have posted as to why we participate generally, why we participate in FSA specifically, and so forth. There has been no attempt to cover why things are presented in an addictive format but simply a bit of a reminder about the need to make money. Too many events means their business partners haven't seen a big enough return on their investment, nothing more.
For your reference, this is available on the FA feedback thread, pp 72 to 74 for the most part.

DeletedUser3671

At least in later chapters, i think you need to ask yourself the question; Do i need to follow the quest line and build all those buildings for those bad prizes i get ?

When you look at what's to gain from trying to fit X number of buildings, then it just doesn't add up. So i stopped following the quest line in Elementals. When you hit the end of a chapter, you can decline the quests you don't want to do or can't do because you don't have enough buildings.

In that way you can have more space for events :)

And one thing more; You play your game - not INNO's ;-)