• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Discussion News from Beta (may contain spoilers!)

Jackluyt

Shaman
'Summer Mermaids' questline event just started in Beta!

I will be adding details of quests and prizes in the course of the day, here:
https://tinyurl.com/y3uu2yxn

You are welcome to share the link with friends and fellowship, and to submit comments.

67086234_10214389864321070_9083284188072771584_n.jpg

Last edited:

Jackluyt

Shaman
We have the whole structure of the event now.
The quests appear to repeat in no as yet discernable order - and they never end.
We will add to a sample list of what one player received as they appear.
You are welcome to share the link with friends and fellowships.

https://tinyurl.com/y3uu2yxn

67086234_10214389864321070_9083284188072771584_n.jpg

DeletedUser4499

I think the Summer Mermaid event will be the first I'm not going to complete. There are far too many 'Gain x Vapor' quests. it's a different matter if they make it a choice quest wheen it hits the life server, but if not I'm leaving completion up to luck. I only craft pet food and I'm not crafting anything just to disentchant it later for less than I paid for it.
Not to mention that I have a small city as well where I don't even have enough goods to craft anything- and since I started it after the Phoenix event, I won't even need pet food there.
It's a real shame they nerfed their 'Grand Prizes' so much that they have become useless even at level 10. :(

Sir Derf

Adept
I think the Summer Mermaid event will be the first I'm not going to complete. There are far too many 'Gain x Vapor' quests. it's a different matter if they make it a choice quest wheen it hits the life server, but if not I'm leaving completion up to luck. I only craft pet food and I'm not crafting anything just to disentchant it later for less than I paid for it.
Not to mention that I have a small city as well where I don't even have enough goods to craft anything- and since I started it after the Phoenix event, I won't even need pet food there.
It's a real shame they nerfed their 'Grand Prizes' so much that they have become useless even at level 10. :(
Define 'complete'... as this event appears to have an infinite quest line... :rolleyes:

DeletedUser7472

Can someone from beta server tell me if Sharkapalooza produces every 24 or 48 hours? Informations on elvengems and elvenarchitect are different. 48 hours seems more likely to me, but a confirmation would be great.

Deleted User - 1759805

Can someone from beta server tell me if Sharkapalooza produces every 24 or 48 hours? Informations on elvengems and elvenarchitect are different. 48 hours seems more likely to me, but a confirmation would be great.
It's 48 hours:

68281529_10214502672981216_167828363942035456_n.jpg

Look at hourly production. It's not great seeds producer, but then the options there are limited.

DeletedUser1874

It's 48 hours:

View attachment 3850

Look at hourly production. It's not great seeds producer, but then the options there are limited.
Not that limited... the Black Lotus for instance which has been constantly offered during the last events produces 190 seeds per tile per 24h compared to the measly 141.(6) of the Sharkapalooza... hell, even the Clam Cliffs are better than the Sharkapalooza, which is a shame because the Sharkapalooza sounds funny and looks neat.

https://www.elvenarchitect.com/buildings/compare/seeds/

Deleted User - 1759805

Not that limited... the Black Lotus for instance which has been constantly offered during the last events produces 190 seeds per tile per 24h compared to the measly 141.(6) of the Sharkapalooza... hell, even the Clam Cliffs are better than the Sharkapalooza, which is a shame because the Sharkapalooza sounds funny and looks neat.

https://www.elvenarchitect.com/buildings/compare/seeds/
I like Black Lotus. My point is, if you haven't grabbed one (or several) of these producers during an event, you're SOL - at least until the next event. And during an event there are other things you may want to grab. E.g. in the last event I was planning to stock up on Black Lotuses, but then Trading Outposts came up, so BLs went out of the window.

With mana, you have plenty of options. With seeds, those options are still pretty limited. I've heard there is a craftable seeds producer coming up, so things may change.

Thagdal

Sorcerer
I've heard there is a craftable seeds producer coming up, so things may change.

that would be the festival merchant...its 1800sf and 12cc (gives 28 vv too). gives 1020 seeds 85/hr and 12/hr production at halflings lvl. early collect 6/hr and a 4x3 build and 980 culture.

Last edited:

DeletedUser5976

With seeds, those options are still pretty limited
Well with just Marching Band and my Trader having entered Halflings two weeks ago and stalled a little due to the event I now have 170 K seeds. I don't think seeds are that much of a problem especially if you have upgraded your AW before coming to Halflings.

FieryArien

Necromancer
With seeds, those options are still pretty limited.
Well with just Marching Band and my Trader having entered Halflings two weeks ago and stalled a little due to the event I now have 170 K seeds. I don't think seeds are that much of a problem especially if you have upgraded your AW before coming to Halflings.

It depends. On your fellowship and your play style mainly I guess. Personal experience follows:
I am in a very relaxed fellowship and my play style was in “complete chapters asap” style. And I play in the app. And I actually didn’t know how seeds are generated until it was too late. That’s really bad combination for the seeds productions:
  1. Too few RR spells for upgrading Marching Band (I actually merced for a 10-chests fellowship for one tournament to get more RR spells and a blueprint to convert to RR. My seeds production was that pathetic.)
  2. Low-leveled wonders due to prioritizing technologies and using Portal Profit spells when stuck.
  3. Low-leveled wonders also for (almost) not using KP swap threads because I’m very rarely at PC.
  4. To finish my bad luck there was no big event (to get seeds producing buildings) when I (started to) play Halflings.
It still can be done, I’m in Amuni now. However, it was painful. The options are very limited for way more players than you might think.

EDIT: PS: If anyone feels the need to tell me to join a better fellowship, please don’t bother. My post is about this: “With seeds, those options are still pretty limited.”
EDIT2: Ooops, this is beta news thread? I’m so off topic ... *quietly moves to the door, whispers sorry and is gone*

Last edited:

Pauly7

Magus
I don't think seeds are that much of a problem especially if you have upgraded your AW before coming to Halflings.
Agreed. I always had an excess of seeds through Halflings and I never had a seed producing building except for the trader and one "post" that I accidentally upgraded to that level. Even now I still have the same, but with the only addition being the Elvenar Trade Centre. I'm yet to ever run out, though I realise I may do if I tried to rush through the research tree quickly. A lot of it comes down to speed of play.

Deleted User - 1759805

A lot of it comes down to speed of play.
That's the key here. I have a maxed out Marching Band, quite a few AWs and diligently pickup from the trader at least 6x a day. I also have a few smaller seed producers (Golden Palaces, Black Lotuses etc). I was still very tight with seeds in Halflings and Elementals because I complete chapters in 32-34 days. If you move slower, you can get away with significantly lower daily production rates (of everything).

In Amuni requirements for seeds dropped dramatically. I was running 100K surplus since the beginning of that chapter.

DeletedUser3571

After a false start a couple of days ago a craftsman challenge has started on beta today
This is the manufacturing type.
Prizes
10 x15min
1 x 3awkp
5 x 1hr
1x 7awkp
7x 2hrs
Not what I would call great, but if you keep all your mini manus from event should be easy.