• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Discussion News from Beta (may contain spoilers!)

DeletedUser8632

I completely disagree. Not only is the event "Grand Prize" underwhelming (and I am being kind here) it also elevates the completely messed up T3 goods balance by providing even more free T3 goods to further break a broken aspect of the game.

In addition to that, it makes me incredibly frustrated that even by spending money to buy the event building AND spending considerable time and effort on clearing all quests and picking up every singled flare drop(!) it is still entirely possible to fail getting your event building fully evolved - and its not like there is much planned in terms of making up for missing levels later on.

So yes, frankly, I could have done without this event. For me, it didn't add any lasting or even short term enjoyment. After seemingly having something learned in the last event, the devs went back to the tried and proven "Make x boosted goods y times" - continuing to utterly ignore the imbalance for players with 2x2 footprint boosted goods factories.

Long story short: I don't want to come home to a game that feels more like a job and a chore, especially if the rewards are negligible. I'm fine with less events if they are enjoyable. If they continue to be regurgitated thinly veiled attempts to increase player spending I'm going to listen to Marie Kondo for this game.

DeletedUser6935

...didn't actually make any comments specific to the Summer Solstice event. By "upcoming event" I meant the Queen of the Seas event, hence "upcoming" ;)

But seeing as you brought up the Summer Solstice event here are a few thoughts. You're right, the grand prize is underwhelming but given the structure and variety of prizes even though the grand prize was pants I still benefited from the enormous amount of supply instants, KP instants, MMs, Wishing Wells, Carting Libraries, etc, etc, etc. In that regard the current event wasn't a complete bust and was successful in some respect.

A prize is only as useful as you choose to make it and I can't imagine anyone won a set of prizes and found them ALL to be useless...otherwise why play the event at all, amirite? :rolleyes: Plus you can break down the Stonehenge and its accompanying artifacts for a decent amount of spell fragments.

m4rt1n

Adept
To answer @Silent Tempest , yes the upcoming event does look nice, however I am forced to scout, contrary to the comment.
No tech left to research and scouts close to 4 days, so will it be possibe for me to complete?

Edited due to thread merge.

Last edited:

Piglets For All

Soothsayer
To answer @Silent Tempest , yes the upcoming event does look nice, however I am forced to scout, contrary to the comment.
No tech left to research and scouts close to 4 days, so will it be possibe for me to complete?

Edited due to thread merge.
Timers and timing, and you might do it.

My scouts are 34h and due to being away for a few days I managed to get that last scout in under his own steam 5h 45m before the end of the event.

DeletedUser

I've just been playing the 'Spire of Eternity' game in Beta and I spent almost all of my troops on it just to win several trinkets i.e. supply windfalls, 1 hour time spells, spell fragments etc; nothing valuable enough to warrant wasting my troops, which I need for the tournaments. But I think some people will get addicted to playing it and therefore the tournaments may suffer. :eek:

Has anyone else played it yet? What do you think?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Has anyone else played it yet? What do you think?
Yes, and I am not fond of it. The negotiation option is now available, and while I managed to make it further than I have previously, I remain unimpressed.

But I think some people will get addicted to playing it and therefore the tournaments may suffer.

You don't have to worry about that ever happening, the Spire can't be improved that much.

Jackluyt

Shaman
The Spire is now available for Beta players on the App!

66342151_10214299338897991_72762484070547456_n.jpg

Jackluyt

Shaman
Fellowship Adventures started in Beta with a nice new Questing system!

I will post details later.

Here so long is the Forum Announcement:
https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/inde...in-our-fellowship-adventures.8852/#post-75265

Here is the EPL Guide to this F A currently in Beta

38825081_10212251412301106_724814935661477888_n.jpg

https://tinyurl.com/y43w4cmc

You are welcome to share the link with friends and fellowship!

This is a work in progress - more information to be added in the course of the day, but the presumed Stage requirements are already included (to be verified), as well as the prizes - including Phoenix Artifacts!!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8921

Does collecting goods automatically count towards a badge without selecting which badge you want first ?

Yes! Everything you do automatically counts toward whichever badge requires that thing. If you've made progress toward a badge, the badge is highlighted with a blue exclamation point.

DeletedUser2838

Question for those that have played the new FA on Beta. Has there been any change to the usual FA duration of 6.5 days?

I ask this because starting on a Tuesday is odd, it has always been a Monday before - presumably on the assumption that most people will be around on the last day of the FA if it is a weekend day. Unless things have changed it now looks like it will end on the Monday - much less convenient for many players. Secondly, it's just been announced it will start in "the morning (CEST)". In the past it has always been the afternoon (this is what suggests to me there has been a duration change). Starting on a German afternon is a 4 or 5 hr time period, but starting on a German morning could mean anything from midnight to noon. This makes timing the starting of the pre-FA long-term incubations much more difficult - by intent I assume, unless someone knows different.

davemc

Bard
I find it better starting on a Tuesday you then get every daof the tournament for the spell badges where in the past i am sure it has started on a Wednesday. Also im in the UK on Beta i think it started at 11am GMT ( could have been 10am ) which i think has always been the case. I could be wrong my memory isnt what it used to be > :(