• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Discussion News from Beta (may contain spoilers!)

EdwardTrunk

Soothsayer
FA COMING TO BETA.

Wanna guess how many improvements to the quest cycling we are getting?

Would be good to see a mass boycott of the FA until the quest cycling nonsense is addressed. That won''t happen of course but I'm not sure what else can be done to get Inno to actually do something about it.

Jackluyt

Shaman
A new Fellowship Adventures starts in Beta World tomorrow:

38825081_10212251412301106_724814935661477888_n.jpg

It is apparently the type B 13 Item version - but that has not been confirmed officially.
The deficient questing system is still being worked on, but it is not ready yet.

Here is a preview of the last type B we had:
https://tinyurl.com/y2xcptdw

I will update with details of Prizes, awards, Stages, Strategy and Tips after the event opens tomorrow.

m4rt1n

Adept
FA COMING TO BETA.

Wanna guess how many improvements to the quest cycling we are getting?
Seriously, you had to look here for the answer? Its zero of course. Zero improvements.

Again without a thought for those of us who suffer from Carpel Tunnel Syndrome or Repetitive Strain Injury. The game is after all marketed for a more mature audience. :mad:

If this was a kids shoot-em-up game I could understand the mass clicking, but it isn't. :(

Deleted User - 106219

For the curious, the rewards for the new FS adventure (on Beta) are:
Stage 1: "Ancient Knowledge 15" x1, Spell Fragments x 1000, "Ancient Knowledge 20" x1
Stage 2: Spell Fragments x 2500, Monument of Ancient Knowledge x1, "Ancient Knowledge 30" x1
Stage 3: Spell Fragments x 5000, Fields of Gold x1, Trading Outpost x1

Total: 8500 Spell Fragments, 3 instants, 2 expiring buildings and 1 building that does not expire.

Heymrdiedier

Enchanter
Doesn't it usually start 1 week after starting in Beta?
im not 100% sure, with Inno thats even imposssible.
But for years, there has been 2 weeks between everything on beta and live servers. Then some time ago they changed it to 1 week, but ment a lot of bugs (and feedback) that were found on beta, wasnt tackled yet before it went live. Now recently they seem to have changed everything to 2 weeks again. Ofcourse an FA is a tested feature thats been tested alot, so 1 week would have made sense aswell.

DeletedUser4985

Total: 8500 Spell Fragments, 3 instants, 2 expiring buildings and 1 building that does not expire.

Anyone else think the map demands are ridiculously hard for the prizes? Especially arriving hard on the heels of a big event - I already have plenty of building I can't put out because of the need to place silly amounts of workshops for the FA.

DeletedUser7201

I don't get it. This is getting absurd.
First Inno has been making events without breaks in-between. Valentine's, Carnival, and now FA.
Then, FA is announced on Beta, we have an info from Sunday, week later, and after that - nothing.
Now its Wednesday, and lots of us have already started 2 days productions in order to get statues. I still don't wanna believe it could be for nothing at all.
So, no breaks, and no proper info about upcoming events when they are without break.
Please, dear Inno, don't make us play more by making us playing less

Lelanya

Mentor
FA comes up once in a tourney cycle, unless something unusual occurs to persuade the powers that be to behave otherwise. For me, I find it quite sad that it nearly always occurs during steel tourney. But I assume that's because it's the easiest of all so there IS less of a hue and cry. I am still expecting FA to occur during that time, and hey, it's your lookout if you spend a week on hold. You could take your statues off road, and play with the rest of the space.
IMO the part that changed, is that Inno used to hold FA during marble tourney on Beta, and now it occurs during gems tourney instead, but it appears this is a return to an older pattern, one based on the release notes cycle, so there is a logic to it. The timing is based on feedback Inno gets on the surveys, so next time one comes up don't forget to express your views.

Deleted User - 341074

I don't get it. This is getting absurd.
First Inno has been making events without breaks in-between. Valentine's, Carnival, and now FA.
This is what many players want and more importantly, it's what makes inno money- It's crazy to expect them to give us less game.
Then, FA is announced on Beta, we have an info from Sunday, week later, and after that - nothing.
Now its Wednesday, and lots of us have already started 2 days productions in order to get statues. I still don't wanna believe it could be for nothing at all.
Beta is primarily a testing server, we are here to give feedback on new features and updates while catching bugs hopefully before they go to Live servers. In exchange, we get a sneak preview of some things free diamonds for catching bugs, and our feedback helps shape the games new features.

Beta is not a crystal ball so that players can see the future and greatly reduce the challenges of an event on Live servers.

Think about your complaint. You are attempting to get a 2-day advantage over the FA by starting productions early. That's effectively changing the FA from 6 to 8 days, a 33% increase!
How can we accurately test and give feedback about the degree of difficulty in a 6-day event and then launch an 8-day event on live?
Don't get me wrong, we all do it- I even send out a message for everyone to start statues and spells etc.

There was a recent announcement regarding the new challenges feature that said "In the future challenges will be more challenging and happen without warning", which makes sense because the last challenge took me literally 2 seconds to complete. So it seems like this loophole is not what the developers intended, and if they want to make the FA 6 days instead of 8 then I completely accept it and even embrace it.

That all being said, FA's without notice have my full support, but only once they implement the challenges system to replace the FA decline system. Until then I really don't care that much as the whole thing is just a giant dumpster fire.

DeletedUser7201

There was a recent announcement regarding the new challenges feature that said "In the future challenges will be more challenging and happen without warning", which makes sense because the last challenge took me literally 2 seconds to complete. So it seems like this loophole is not what the developers intended, and if they want to make the FA 6 days instead of 8 then I completely accept it and even embrace it.

It's all true what you said, Soggy, and I accept that.
There's only one question unanswered yet. If you start something as a developer, would it be nice to make it work before you make it as a public start?
If developers wanted game without break between events, would it be nice to test it first, and then to go out with it? Now it looks like somebody hasn't done its job, and we all see it publicly.
And 8 days was literally every single FA since I'm playing it (over a year). There was only one FA without proper announcement, I felt tricked, but it was fun. This is no fun at all.
Thanx,
Kob

Deleted User - 341074

If you start something as a developer, would it be nice to make it work before you make it as a public start?
For sure, but they did specifically say that the FA is done and there is no need to Beta test it anymore for bugs. If they every make it better then that'll change.

Running the FA on beta this time served 2 purposes
1. it gave the players something to do
2. they could measure the level of interest in the prizes based on participation (not sure how accurate this is since I believe players are becoming less and less interested without changes regardless of prizes)