• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Discussion News from Beta (may contain spoilers!)

Pauly7

Magus
I hope someone can clarify this soon because I am just reading a horrendous change to Royal Restoration there which is completely pulling the rug out from under us. As Timneh says our Fellowship has been plugging away completing 10 chest tournaments and saving up those blueprints, ONLY because of the promise that they are going to be converted to Royal Restoration spells.

I have no interest in blueprints and this will make everything that I have been telling my fellows all this time now untrue. Or on the other side it means that people have been delaying magic residence upgrades all this while because they thought a different use for the spells was appearing.

Plus finally, of course, to reiterate again what Timneh said, you are now saying that we are going to be awarded half the Royal Restoration spells that we were going to before?

Is this what the Beta users wanted?

OK, I'm going to wait for some clarity before saying any more.

LazyTony

Sorcerer
Unfortunately we have clarity Pauly. They made a 3 year old promise to make blueprints useful to players without magic buildings, and after teasing for the last 3,4,5 months that the promise will be kept, they have broken it.

The last implementation of this feature upset the big spenders so this one leaves the big spenders no worse off and screws the other 95% (maybe even 99%) of players.

N.B. I am not a free player, I have spent too much on this game already, and I am still one of the 95% who just got screwed without lubrication.

I don't mind setting my game strategy around ANY set of rules/rewards going forward. I really resent having made plans for the last 6 months around a feature that was promised for 3 years, teased, teased and then teased some more for the last 6 months and then effectively cancelled. Because that's how this will feel to anyone who has won blueprints and kept old event buildings.

Last edited:

Thagdal

Sorcerer
Quoting Muf-Muf.

""To compensate for any lost population and culture with this update, we will be offering this spell for free to everyone once, as soon as it's added to the game with a later update. This will still take a bit of time, and won't come in time for us to give it at the same time as we perform the necessary rebalancing. However, we couldn't wait longer with rebalancing the buildings in preparation for these big changes to come.

With our last update to version 1.54 we have rebalanced a number of our oldest event buildings. While this was necessary for the game's future, we also realize that the effects of this are too big to ignore for already existing accounts. For this reason, we will, on top of the free Royal Restoration spell that we had already promised (to be given out once the spell becomes available in the game)""

Lets not forget about this also.
Will we still be getting 1 free RR Spell and/or enough to actually upgrade at least one building to compensate for the great building nerf of 2018!?!.
As it stands now 1 RR Spell wont upgrade diddly squat.

EdwardTrunk

Soothsayer
Are we certain that the ability to convert BPs into RR spells is no longer going to be available? If so, that's an utterly appalling decision by Inno, especially as we have all been led to believe this would be possible and many of us have been playing all out to acquire BPs with the aim of later using them to upgrade event buildings. :mad:

Pauly7

Magus
I haven't yet seen clarity. I will wait until someone from Inno or working on their behalf tells us - We have decided to withdraw the promise to make existing blueprints transferrable for Royal Restoration spells.

Perhaps we are jumping to conclusions? Unless someone has a quote I haven't seen.

Because if this is true then this would make any previous broken promise or withdrawal pale into insignificance because this affects more than 6 months' worth of gameplay during which time I've changed the philosophy of a fellowship, I've fallen out with people, I've expelled members... and all leading towards the fact that the blueprints we are gathering will be replaced for Royal Restoration spells.

I do not yet even want to consider this as a possibility.

EdwardTrunk

Soothsayer
Because if this is true then this would make any previous broken promise or withdrawal pale into insignificance because this affects more than 6 months' worth of gameplay during which time I've changed the philosophy of a fellowship, I've fallen out with people, I've expelled members... and all leading towards the fact that the blueprints we are gathering will be replaced for Royal Restoration spells.

I do not yet even want to consider this as a possibility.

In exactly the same boat as you and I suspect there will be plenty of other AMs who will have done likewise. And the justification for all of this was the promise of being able to use BPs to upgrade old event buildings. What we really need is a definitive statement from Inno and I'm hoping that they've simply communicated this badly and we've all jumped to conclusions.

Alcaro

Necromancer

I left my FS couple weeks ago because they weren't convinced that we need to go for 10 chests every week. Now they can come and tell me "I Told You SO!" and they are right! :(

In Beta I have 34 BP and 1 Magic residence. It seems I have enough BPs for the next 34 chapters :D
If nothing changes in the conversion of BP to RR, then I will keep nuking event buildings and replace them with new ones.
But then I wonder why my FS should fight for 10 chests every week. We will be just fine with 8 or 9, saving lots of troops or goods, getting KPs from the 2nd round and maybe the 5th and that's it. :rolleyes:

P.S. AWTY? - forgive me! :(

Thagdal

Sorcerer
The 10th chest will also contain a Blueprint.
* Blueprints will still be usable for upgrading Magic Residences and Magic Workshops.

With this solution, we hope to satisfy as many needs as possible. Blueprints will keep their current functionality and Royal Restoration Spells will be an extra addition for upgrading Event Buildings. This way we don't have to choose to rebalance the current mechanics, which would always affect a certain group of players in a negative way.

Some adjustments might still be made, but we wanted to make the Royal Restoration Spells available for you now, so we can start gathering your feedback again

@Pauly7 i think this pretty much clarifies it. they definitely wont come straight out and say no as they will see maybe half the player base leave on masse.
They will just keep on stringing everyone along with false promises.

Lelanya

Mentor
Oh yeah hmmm
I created an entirely new Fellowship model based on this premise only to find out it's all lies. @Killiak didn't you say this was how it would be? And gee. Looks like you were right.
I sure hope the news from Beta improves before this hits live but time will tell. As you say... players may leave if the hand is shown. Watch for my next thread y'all
In the meantime do remember: I love all my Iceni Tribe, past or present, and the call is coming!
Boudicca Lel

Timneh

Artisan
I'm not sure who i am most disappointed in, us the players because we keep believing Inno when they tell us about wonderful new things or Inno for telling us they will give us wonderful new things and then turn round and kick us in the teeth.
They told us we would be able to use blueprints to upgrade event buildings and now they tell us actually blueprints will still only be any use if you want to upgrade magic buildings. They told us 10(or was it 11) RR spells would be available from tournaments and now they say it will only be 5. Inno are the most untrustworthy organization i have ever come across. I am so glad i stopped spending money on this game when they made premium expansions stupidly expensive.

DeletedUser3985

All you had to do was put a cap on the amount of RRs needed for magic buildings (10/11)! But it seems Inno would rather lie to their players than do that.

Think twice before giving your money to liars.

DeletedUser7733

This is my theory:

- Inno will eventually convert BP into RR but are rolling things out a bit at a time so they can deal with community feedback one issue at a time
- Inno is waiting to release next guest race first as there’s a rumour that the residences will be smaller and that will affect the conversion ratio between RR and BP

Personally, I don’t believe anyone’s promises even if they’re made with good intentions. Nobody can accurately predict the future so acting on promises is “at our own risk”. Also, Inno did release the full version of RR and it wasn’t accepted by the community so they withdraw it. Doesn’t it imply that they did deliver on their promise and it just wasn’t liked?
I'm pretty sure that from now on, Inno will not make any more promises unless they want to risk the big disappointment. So, there's no point in asking for any.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pauly7

Magus
- Inno will eventually convert BP into RR but are rolling things out a bit at a time so they can deal with community feedback one issue at a time
- Inno is waiting to release next guest race first as there’s a rumour that the residences will be smaller and that will affect the conversion ratio between RR and BP
If that's true then not only is it a little odd, but they're gonna need to come out and say that because at the risk of sounding dramatic I'm not sure if I'm going to continue playing this game. I haven't said that lightly about any other issues, but in this case it affects the past 6 months' worth of gameplay as I said before. I may just be too deflated to come back from that.

DeletedUser3451

Also, Inno did release the full version of RR and it wasn’t accepted by the community so they withdraw it. Doesn’t it imply that they did deliver on their promise and it just wasn’t liked?
I'm pretty sure that from now on, Inno will not make any more promises unless they want to risk the big disappointment. So, there's no point in asking for any.
It's debatable if it means they did deliver what they promised. None of their promises ever hinted on what they did delivered, so it ended up quite far from people's expectations. That is blatantly unprofessional. It is also highly unprofessional to promise something years ago, to start working on it so late after you initially promised it, to change the game meanwhile because of "preparation for the delivery of promise made years ago" and still postpone that delivery for pretty much an year more until at the end you deliver something that neither smells nor sounds as a horse, but they claim it actually is when it is at best a crippled donkey.

You are right that companies like INNO shouldn't give promises. Yet they did. They are no small bunch of incompetent people, nor they are a start-up full of unexperienced enthusiasts. When they give a promise it is expected that promise to be honored no matter what. They have the manpower and the brains to figure it out. They are fully aware of what is possible an what is not possible to be done and in what time frame.

There is no excuse for this insult. The idea "we won't share much so not to spoil the surprise" is absurd one. People are not paying for surprises. When you change something so important you have to be clear with those that buy your product. Everything else is misleading and/or a blatant lie. That can't be repaired with any further adjustments they can make.

Timneh

Artisan
Inno will eventually convert BP into RR but are rolling things out a bit at a time so they can deal with community feedback one issue at a time

If that is what they are planning then they should say so to avoid the anger and confusion. Rolling things out a bit at a time so they can deal with one issue at a time is not a good thing to do because they could roll out something that means they then need to change something that they already changed earlier. It just makes no sense to do things that way IMO.

Inno is waiting to release next guest race first as there’s a rumour that the residences will be smaller and that will affect the conversion ratio between RR and BP

Could you explain how smaller residences will affect the conversion rate because unless i am missing something blueprints/royal restoration spells have no affect on residences.

Personally, I don’t believe anyone’s promises even if they’re made with good intentions.

In everyday life i agree with that but when those promises come from a company as big as Inno Games and they are about things that will affect the game in a big way then the players should be able to trust those promises to be kept and not get kicked in the teeth. Unfortunately Inno seem to like kicking us in the teeth more than keeping promises.

DeletedUser7733

If that is what they are planning then they should say so to avoid the anger and confusion. Rolling things out a bit at a time so they can deal with one issue at a time is not a good thing to do because they could roll out something that means they then need to change something that they already changed earlier. It just makes no sense to do things that way IMO.

This is from the Beta announcement:

"Some adjustments might still be made, but we wanted to make the Royal Restoration Spells available for you now, so we can start gathering your feedback again."

https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?posts/69107/
Also, this is just my theory. :)

Could you explain how smaller residences will affect the conversion rate because unless i am missing something blueprints/royal restoration spells have no affect on residences.

The conversion rate depends on how many RR spells you need to upgrade magic residence/workshop. The smaller the residence, the less RR spells you need to get the same value as one BP.

In everyday life i agree with that but when those promises come from a company as big as Inno Games and they are about things that will affect the game in a big way then the players should be able to trust those promises to be kept and not get kicked in the teeth. Unfortunately Inno seem to like kicking us in the teeth more than keeping promises.

Anything that involves predicting future is uncertain, I don't think that it matters whether it's a big company or not. It does happen that a business can't deliver on their contracts.

Timneh

Artisan
@CleverAngel777 It is really nice to come across someone that sees the good in almost everything, it makes a nice change,however in my experience of playing this game for over 2 years i can not share your optimism. There have been too many instances where Inno have changed things that hurt players and where they have not delivered things that they said they would(how long has it been since they said we would get increased storage for broken shards?).
I think we will never see things the same way so i am going to leave it there.

DeletedUser7733

@CleverAngel777 It is really nice to come across someone that sees the good in almost everything, it makes a nice change,however in my experience of playing this game for over 2 years i can not share your optimism. There have been too many instances where Inno have changed things that hurt players and where they have not delivered things that they said they would(how long has it been since they said we would get increased storage for broken shards?).
I think we will never see things the same way so i am going to leave it there.

Since you started discussing my personality, I have to explain myself as we haven't got drunk together yet for you to know me well.:D
I'm actually a realist. I'm always prepared for the worst and hope for the best because anything can happen. If something bad happens I don't care because I had a back up, if something good happens, I'm happy. If it's important to me, I do calculated risk. I calculate the odds of something happening before I invest anything in it. Being too optimistic and rely on good things happening all the time only creates a lot of disappointments, I rather be pleasantly surprised than disappointed. This is all just a mind game but to actually deal with reality, you need to collect all the facts and analyse as much as cause and effect as you can and hope that you got it right but there's no guarantees when it comes to predicting the future.