• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Discussion News from Beta (may contain spoilers!)

Deleted User - 106219

Please note that the ability to upgrade event buildings is NOT there yet, only the rebalancing to make older event buildings worse.

DeletedUser5976

The reactions I see there aren't very happy as rebalancing seems to have hit the cities already, but the way of upgrading (the one that's supposed to replace the blueprints) haven't yet. Also there is a lot of confusion about what will happen to the blueprints now.

Muf-Muf

Elvenar Team
GREAT NEWS - FROM UPGRADE v. 1.54 IN BETA WORLD!
These changes will reach the Live Worlds most likely next week.
The update we plan to have next week is 1.53, not 1.54. So any changes made on Beta today won't be here on Live for another ~3 weeks. Just sayin'. ;)

Deleted User - 106219

Marindo answered that on Beta:
For your questions about the blueprints and magic buildings: Your current blueprints will indeed be converted into the new spells, which will be usable on both the Magic Residence/Magic Workshop AND Event buildings :)

LazyTony

Sorcerer
Muf-Muf, a suggestion. Instead of nerfing event buildings for a week on live servers before allowing upgrades, why not bring the 2 changes out simultaneously on live servers? Those of us who carefully balance our cities will then immediately have the chance to upgrade and make good any losses from the new event building values.

I suspect if you allow players a week to find other solutions to their problems you will also sell less upgrades ;)

RodgerR

Adventurer
From what I have been told from players who are in my FS who play on the FS Platinum Leaf on BETA, if you have blueprints, they will be changed to some sort of spell, but with this spell, you will still be able to upgrade your magic residences.
I am not exactly what the blueprints will be changed into yet, but as I said, I am led to believe, we will still be able to upgrade our magic buildings if you have been saving up your blueprints, the same as I.

I would go apeshit and I imagine most players with blueprints if told they could no longer upgrade MR after opening 10 chest's.

Muf-Muf

Elvenar Team
Muf-Muf, a suggestion. Instead of nerfing event buildings for a week on live servers before allowing upgrades, why not bring the 2 changes out simultaneously on live servers? Those of us who carefully balance our cities will then immediately have the chance to upgrade and make good any losses from the new event building values.

I suspect if you allow players a week to find other solutions to their problems you will also sell less upgrades ;)
This is what we're aiming for, but we do not yet have the full confirmation that this will also be the case. We'll of course announce it once more is known on that.

Muf-Muf

Elvenar Team
Do note that I am not in a position to make any promises in this regard at this point. So, do not take it as a given yet. :)

Deleted User - 384643

Glad to hear that we'll finally be able to upgrade old event buildings.
Had to get rid off of many of those gorgeous buildings with pain in my heart, but luckily I still have some left that I can upgrade (at least if my fellowship will ever be able to unlock that 10th tournament chest).

geordianna

Soothsayer
what happens if the reduced levels make my pop and culture negative - I have a glossy garden that is just keeping my head above water at the moment - and I've no space to spare

Tiriake

Soothsayer
Is upgrading your event buildings only a premium option? Or does people who don't buy diamonds and haven't gotten any blueprints a chance?

Timneh

Artisan
Reading what has been posted here and on beta it seems that the general opinion is that the new spell will only be available by opening the 10th chest in tournaments. If that is so then why change the name from blueprint ? why not just say that there is a new use for blueprints that will be introduced ? On the beta release notes it says that the new spell will replace blueprints but does not say that they will only be available from the 10th chest in tournaments. If i have missed something that says they are only from the 10th chest please point me in the direction of it. Also if it is a spell should it not be produceable in the magic academy as producing spells is what the magic academy is used for.
The spell will probably only be available from the 10th chest but it does not actually say that anywhere that i can see. Just my thoughts.

cwgiii

Shaman
Reading what has been posted here and on beta it seems that the general opinion is that the new spell will only be available by opening the 10th chest in tournaments. If that is so then why change the name from blueprint ?

Possibly bringing the PC version closer to parity with the App version of the game???

DeletedUser3781

what happens if the reduced levels make my pop and culture negative - I have a glossy garden that is just keeping my head above water at the moment - and I've no space to spare
If you have some blueprints in you pocket, you might be able to upgrade it to a reasonable level. If not, well, you have three weeks to arrange something that will soften the blow :|

Deleted User - 384643

Hopefully there will be other ways to get your hands on these new "Restoration" spells aside from diamonds and the 10th tournament chests. There aren't that many fellowships who can manage to unlock the 10th chest, and there are even less than that who can manage it on a weekly basis.

And if one of these spells only upgrades an event building one level, it would take a huge amount of these new spells to upgrade (for example) my chapter 4 Winter Event buildings to Chapter 11 (not to mention any other event building and/or magic houses & workshops that one might have), so it would certainly make sense if there are other ways of getting these spells.

It seems logical that we could produce these new spells in the Magic Academy, because Magic Academies are for producing magic spells, after all. :p
This would also be a good way to get rid off the many complains that the Magic Academy is a mostly useless building. Also, I think it's about time that we can produce a new spell with the Magic Academy.

Last edited by a moderator:

LazyTony

Sorcerer
Anyone who thinks a magic academy is a useless building lacks imagination :p

My MA allows my 5 dust factories to produce as much as 7.5 factories - I run MM spells every day. That's 25 tiles that makes as much as 70 tiles of factory with around 110 tiles required of supporting residences. 25 vs 180? A useless building? You'd be hard pushed to find a better building.

Last edited: