• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Discussion News from Beta (may contain spoilers!)

Jackluyt

Shaman
I assume Manufacturing challenge has been reworked? I haven't checked the beta forums yet hence asking here (also I don't have account there ;) ).

By rework I mean that we don't need to reserve space for level 1 manufactories anymore?

It is exactly the same as last time. You can use any factory T1 - T3 any sixe, boosted or non-boosted.

DeletedUser8573

Thanks for the answer. I guess I still need to reserve space for events

Jackluyt

Shaman
With the speed that the rewards are going down hill, one could safely assume that in 6 months time, the prizes will be us paying materials, tools and coins to the game.

I never say no to Instants! Very useful - and Construction Challenges do not require any work at all; the prizes collect themselves in normal game-play And if you are short of medals towards the end, you can just drop a top of Spells.

But I do agree that the prizes are a bit ordinary this time!
There are so many interesting things in the game recently; I hope when this comes to the Live Worlds that they will give us a Teleport or a Genie or an Artifact or whatever.
'Something-for-nothing' costs nothing to give - and does a lot to boost player goodwill. Also it might get players interested in gaining similar buildings from the Spire, which seems to be slowly catching on.

I hope someone passes this comment to the developers.

m4rt1n

Adept
Where is ch15, why the delay @Muf-Muf @Dizzy Lizzie

Players are quitting because of the event and now the delay to Ch15 is not helping things, then the challenge in Beta that has KP worth a couple of days.
The challenge may as well not exist and have a 48h double kp period instead.

Seriously I can only assume Inno do not listen to feedback on the Beta forum either.

Jackluyt

Shaman
‘The Shivering Tale of Dr Freakenspleen’ is a new Halloween 32 quest mini-event, running in Beta from 14th - 23rd October 2019.

Feel free to check out all the event info in our Event Note, and share it with friends and fellowsip
https://tinyurl.com/y26su4la

72576096_10214951899371595_3868232161651851264_n.jpg

Hekata

Artisan
‘The Shivering Tale of Dr Freakenspleen’ is a new Halloween 32 quest mini-event, running in Beta from 14th - 23rd October 2019.

Feel free to check out all the event info in our Event Note, and share it with friends and fellowsip
https://tinyurl.com/y26su4la

72576096_10214951899371595_3868232161651851264_n.jpg

I see that this event also requires chapter level WS and T1. So basically the teleport spell is worthless since we will never get to use it at the rate the events are coming,

Errandil

Conjurer
I see that this event also requires chapter level WS and T1. So basically the teleport spell is worthless since we will never get to use it at the rate the events are coming,
As I see it now, the main uses for the teleport spell is clearing the city for the FA or putting some of the residences to the inventory when you get better pop per square buildings from the event, so it's possible to place the residences back when you advance in chapter and they again become better than the event buildings, because rebuilding them from scratch can take literally weeks.

Hekata

Artisan
As I see it now, the main uses for the teleport spell is clearing the city for the FA or putting some of the residences to the inventory when you get better pop per square buildings from the event, so it's possible to place the residences back when you advance in chapter and they again become better than the event buildings, because rebuilding them from scratch can take literally weeks.

I guess that is an option. But there is talk on the Beta forum about implementing chapter level WS and T1 in FA too. And it wouldn't surprise me at this point. All my space is taken by the extra WS and T1, where do I build the guest race settlement? Or anything else for that matter.

Errandil

Conjurer
I guess that is an option. But there is talk on the Beta forum about implementing chapter level WS and T1 there too. And it wouldn't surprise me at this point. All my space is taken by the extra WS and T1, where do I build the guest race settlement? Or anything else for that matter.
Luckily the addition of the chapter restrictions to the FA would require serious rework of the whole system, thanks to the t1 sets for badges, so we have at least a year before we should start to worry about that. But the space struggle is real now. Probably I'll be deleting and rebuilding extra T1 for the big events, since it takes onle 3-4 days or so for each manufactory, can be easily done in two weeks before the event.

cwgiii

Shaman
But there is talk on the Beta forum about implementing chapter level WS and T1 in FA too.

If that happens, then I will be back to strictly working on my city and progressing through the tech tree on my own schedule: no events, no FA, no Spire, no distractions / diversions at all. Not sure if that would be simply boring to me or frustrating or actually a pleasant experience.

I would certainly be able to focus rather than responding to every different "shiny shiny" thing thrown out by Inno. The "gear grinding" changes lately have really tainted my personal game play experience.

This would really be a shame, in my opinion. My fellowship and I have really enjoyed participating in past FAs. It has brought us together in a way that nothing else has been able to achieve. It has actually brought some of my fellows out of their shell, communicating more, gaining a better sense of community, providing that adrenaline rush that is so satisfying while not having to fight or "shoot em up"

DeletedUser1874

I guess that is an option. But there is talk on the Beta forum about implementing chapter level WS and T1 in FA too. And it wouldn't surprise me at this point. All my space is taken by the extra WS and T1, where do I build the guest race settlement? Or anything else for that matter.
Why, with the new premium expansions, of course. All you have to do to get them is swipe your Centurion credit card which as we know is something everybody can aff- oh. Oh wait. Yeah, speaking of wait, you could set up huge diamond farms and let them run for a few years I guess... of course you'd have to go through the daunting process of getting the WWs, which means actually playing the events on 3 servers, which is pure masochism.

Seriously though (not that I wasn't being serious above, just... facetiously serious), what I think will be the two only uses for the Teleport spells, will be:
1) Storing high-level Workshops and Manufactories that will be needed to efficiently (or rather, less-inefficiently) partake in events in order to make space for Guest Races, praying to the Gods that you'll be able to finish a guest race quickly enough not to have it overlap with an event, which at the current rate event comes and the speed at which the Elvenar can be completed seems nigh-impossible;
2) Storing old, useless event buildings (such as Burukbrak's Bridge of Love) if you're like me and like having useless stuff in the inventory because they were a one-time thing and you'd feel bad deleting them as they remind you of happier times, where Elvenar's events felt more like a game and less like FOMO-ridden jobs.

P.s. let us not forget that Teleports are gated behind a RNG system (because of course they had to be) which is itself gated behind the Spire (not a feature most players are very fond of, I dare say).

Hekata

Artisan
Luckily the addition of the chapter restrictions to the FA would require serious rework of the whole system, thanks to the t1 sets for badges, so we have at least a year before we should start to worry about that. But the space struggle is real now. Probably I'll be deleting and rebuilding extra T1 for the big events, since it takes onle 3-4 days or so for each manufactory, can be easily done in two weeks before the event.

Yes true, it can't be done fast I suppose so maybe we can enjoy a couple of more FA with the old system. But these Chapter level WS and T1 are really ruining the game for me. As it was pointed out lot here, we can't have the city we want any more, we have to build the city they want. I was thinking to sell the T1 too as they rebuild fast enough but is it even worth it? We have like max a week between events and we need 3-4 days to rebuild. So I'd have like free space for 4 days and then I'd have to start all over again? I can't really build a guest race settlement and tear it down in that time. This is ridiculous. This game is going completely off balance and staring to make no sense to me anymore.

Last edited:

Hekata

Artisan
I feel you on all points.

If that happens, then I will be back to strictly working on my city and progressing through the tech tree on my own schedule: no events, no FA, no Spire, no distractions / diversions at all. Not sure if that would be simply boring to me or frustrating or actually a pleasant experience.

I also thought about not doing events. But can your really play the game without events? I mean ofc you can but isn't it dull then? Events provide us with special buildings (both grand prizes and daily prizes) that we use to customise our cities to out needs/liking. If we don't do events and don't get those buildings we are left with only the option to have the basic same city everyone would have. Ofc we already have some event buildings so if you are lucky to be in a 10 chests Fs you can just continue to upgrade them. But doesn't that get boring? If we don't play events what do we do? Just go on till the end of the tech tree and wait for another guest race and so on? That's not what this game was about for me. Looking forward to an event (because there were few), then planing for it, planing which buildings I want to get, where to find space, what to replace etc that was the point and that was fun. I honestly don't recognise this game anymore. I am exhausted from events, I don't enjoy them anymore, I don't have space in my city because of the extra WS and T1 that seem to be here to stay. Maybe new players that have never seen what it used to be before will like it and play. But I (and I suspect most of those that have been a round for a few years now) will probably lose interest sooner or later (And sooner seems more likely now) and move on to something else.

Hekata

Artisan
2) Storing old, useless event buildings (such as Burukbrak's Bridge of Love) if you're like me and like having useless stuff in the inventory because they were a one-time thing and you'd feel bad deleting them as they remind you of happier times, where Elvenar's events felt more like a game and less like FOMO-ridden jobs.

I agree on all points. And this is probably gong to be the only use of the teleport for me becasue I do find it hard to part with some event buildings and my FS doesn't get 10 chests so upgrading all of them is not an option. Love the "remind you of some happier times" part, very accurate :)