• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Discussion News from Beta (may contain spoilers!)

DeletedUser8409

Any idea when we can expect XV to hit Live? I'm guessing if it follows the usual pattern of a fortnight from Beta to Live then it should be this week either tomorrow or Wednesday? Can we expect that or should we expect it to be delayed?

RainbowElvira

Sorcerer
So there's an actual story here? It's been a long time since I even read what popped up in a speech bubble. It usually seemed like a bit of disconnected gibberish to me.

Elvenar isn't exactly an adventure game, so don't expect a novel there. But those are small, often funny, bits of a story that I find entertaining, they add value to the city building aspect for me. I also liked the stories associated with events, but it seem no longer worth the bother for Inno.

Early in the game, the story quests help you with learning the game and progressing. Starting with S&D, i found those quests to be increasingly painful and hindering the progress. I guess that some chapters require half the time if you ignore the chapter quests. So yes, I can understand everyone who choses to ignore those quests, but I just don't get why quests have to be designed as obstacles and annoyances.

On topic: Hope that the Elvenar show up soon...

Deleted User - 1759805

So there's an actual story here? It's been a long time since I even read what popped up in a speech bubble. It usually seemed like a bit of disconnected gibberish to me.
There is some rudimentary story in the chapter quests. There hasn't been a story in the event quests for a long, long time. I think absence of rich lore is a missed opportunity. It's not that difficult to do, and it would help immersion/engagement a lot. So far, the quality of the storyline in on par with original Doom/Quake shooters... so not a lot IMO.

Jackluyt

Shaman
A Manufacturing Challenge just started on Beta World - win Medals by making factory production runs of any goods (not just boosted) and by casting spells.

The prizes are:
  • 270 medals - I KP Instant
  • 810 medals - 3 KP Instant
  • 1620 medals - 7 KP Instant
  • 2970 medals - I0 KP Instant
  • 5400 medals - I5 KP Instant

71801133_10214906285271271_831848235097128960_n.jpg

Deleted User - 1759805

I know the challenges are easy, but you can get nearly that amount from opening a single event chest.
Or, you know, just collecting from your city for a little bit more than 24 hours, without doing anything special. A bit underwhelming, even for a crafting challenge...

DeletedUser6357

I often collect more by just picking WW once in my city.
But for players in the beginning it will probably be a good thing.
It is not accompanied by effort or expenditure of resources.

DeletedUser1874

Or, you know, just collecting from your city for a little bit more than 24 hours, without doing anything special. A bit underwhelming, even for a crafting challenge...
It's a social-engineering stress test. "How much will people be willing to work in order to gain so little?"

m4rt1n

Adept
Any ETA for the new chapter on Live? @Muf-Muf @Dizzy Lizzie

So the 2 week pattern from Beta has definitely lapsed again, anyone have any info on why.

Problems with ch15 on Beta?
Zodiac event so badly planned they want it to finish first?

@Dizzy Lizzie @Muf-Muf @Rilian

The unknown is like another void.
I know the "What happens on beta doesn't necessarily happen on live" response now., but I know a large number of players are sat on tenterhooks currently, myself included now. :rolleyes:

DeletedUser5532

We players are just looked after like mushrooms, we are kept in the dark and fed on .....

I swear that the devs think that giving out info to its players is dangerous in some way .

Jackluyt

Shaman
There are some nice changes coming soon (now in Beta Server) that will help with Scouting:

Dear Humans and Elves,
Today's update includes the following content:
On the World Map, you will now find a new button that will open a window showing your World Map progress: Show Provinces Overview.

province_overview_button.png

"Scoutable" tab
The new window has two tabs. The first tab shows an overview of all your scoutable Provinces, including the most important information about a province (including direction as seen from your city, distance, type, and difficulty). From this tab, you can immediately start a scout, or you can navigate to the Province on the World Map.

province_overview.png

"Incomplete" tab
The second tab shows a list of all Provinces that you have scouted, but that have not yet been completed. You can also navigate to the Province from here. This will take you right into the Province for you to start completing Encounters.

province_overview2.png

The Province Overview button is also available within a Province, so you can use it to switch between Provinces without having to go back to the World Map first.

Please let us know your thoughts in our feedback thread!

DeletedUser8409

Releasing the new chapter during the event would have meant we could actually be able to do at least a couple of researches instead of 5 day scouts or vision vapor.

DeletedUser8573

I assume Manufacturing challenge has been reworked? I haven't checked the beta forums yet hence asking here (also I don't have account there ;) ).

By rework I mean that we don't need to reserve space for level 1 manufactories anymore?

Deleted User - 106219

I assume Manufacturing challenge has been reworked? I haven't checked the beta forums yet hence asking here (also I don't have account there ;) ).

By rework I mean that we don't need to reserve space for level 1 manufactories anymore?
Nope, it wasn't changed, at least not on Beta. Building a few dozen level 1 manufacturies was still the way to finish it quickly (less than two days).

DeletedUser3571

with the 8 manufactures that i had on beta i only managed 2 of the 5 prizes so you'll need the lv1 i think