• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Discussion News from Beta (may contain spoilers!)

m4rt1n

Adept
Sure:

View attachment 3987

The sentient costs are pretty insane - a single upgrade takes hundreds of thousands of sentient goods. E.g. Residences upgrade will clock you at 350K in velvet + guest race goods.

No new sentient then, nice to know thank you, I keep a level stock currently with one of each sentient in my city roughly around 120k goods each.

The 1 extra expansion from scouting seems rather mean especially after a big thing being made of raising the cap from 457 provinces, but 2 in research is an improvement on the last 3 chapters.
467 is the new cap? so all the overscouters get exactly 1 expansion from the promised increase in the cap to give expansion(s)

My biggest worry is how many diamond expansions will come with chapter 15, given they made room for a 14x14 grid earlier in the year.

DeletedUser1874

My biggest worry is how many diamond expansions will come with chapter 15, given they made room for a 14x14 grid earlier in the year.
Well, my guess is that they'll either cost in the thousands of euros range and thus only 2 or 3 people will buy them, or they'll have to adjust the prices. With 5 premium expansions missing, my next one costs 11500 diamonds... and there's no way on earth I'm going to pay that. I literally rather burn my money in bullets at the shooting range, and a when a bullet it's fired, it's fired - sure you can reload the casing, but it's boring takes time and precision, and a little mistake could cause a "kaboom" (a catastrophic gun failure, I do not suggest to google the images of the resulting injuries). Matter of principle I guess, because in the end, my average session at the range costs way more than 11500 diamonds... but it feels different for some reason. For the same reason I'd rather indulge in an expensive whiskey bottle rather than shelling a hundred bucks for a premium expansion... but look at me babbling. Perhaps it'll help some of those who set the prices for the premium expansions realize they're being excessively greedy, who knows.

m4rt1n

Adept
Simply adding more premium expansions in my opinion will gather sales of say 100 millionaires playing giving 2-3 thousand each. No wonder Inno has problems with creditors/investors, I bet a one 99c app made more money than Inno has made in its history as it outprices 99.9% of the world market immediately with the huge price of expansions.

Greedy then broke comes to mind, instead of having the best city builder in the world, lots of small = 1000's time more income than a few hundred big spenders sadly. :(

Timneh

Artisan
Greedy then broke comes to mind, instead of having the best city builder in the world, lots of small = 1000's time more income than a few hundred big spenders sadly.

Unfortunately this seems to be something that Inno just don't seem to understand. Sell something at a high price and sell a few, sell it cheap and sell a lot. The profit comes from volume sales. Almost everyone is always short of space in this game so i think if the expansions were reduced in price (to a sensible level) Inno would sell a lot of them. THe increase in the price of expansions was the reason i stopped buying diamonds.

DeletedUser8409

Yay, something to do.
Good attitude.

I've sold all my Sentient manufactories so will need to rebuild from scratch but there's probably six months before the next chapter so no need to complete in days. If it requires 2 of each Sentient we will figure a way to do that.

Gives a use for the Sentient bonuses for upgrading Pyramid, Simia and Timewarp too.

DeletedUser6046

Does somebody know how many of each of the settlement buildings are required? Or how many can be potentially placed with satisfying the requirements for what touches what? I played with them a bit on elvenarchitect. It looks like the following, but I'm unsure:

Portal/Council Hall: 1
Academy: 4
Factory: 2
Atelier: 2
Agriculture: 2
Vault of Visdom: 2

The requirements if I understood correctly are:
- Academy must touch the portal
- Factory, Atelier and Agriculture each must touch an Academy
- Vault of Vistom must touch all three Factory, Atelier and Agriculture.

Thanks!

Jackluyt

Shaman
I have screenshots of 'The Elvenar' chapter XV - all of the tech tree researches, the Settlement, the Ancient Wonders and the 4 new Culture buildings

You are welcome to share this Note with friends and fellowships.

https://tinyurl.com/y47pbv9e

72073079_10214821991603982_4745936727481253888_n.jpg

DeletedUser1874

I have screenshots of 'The Elvenar' chapter XV - all of the tech tree researches, the Settlement, the Ancient Wonders and the 4 new Culture buildings

You are welcome to share this Note with friends and fellowships.

https://tinyurl.com/y47pbv9e
Wow. Better start building up a ton of sentient resources manus... and hope to win every single teleport spell there is.

Deleted User - 1634960

Does somebody know how many of each of the settlement buildings are required? Or how many can be potentially placed with satisfying the requirements for what touches what? I played with them a bit on elvenarchitect. It looks like the following, but I'm unsure:

Thanks!

We can hope thats not all required. That's a block 10x40 squares, non rotatable

DeletedUser3671

Thanks!
It depends on how fast you want to produce these research goods, and if you want to follow the quest line and do as Simon(INNO) says ;-)

Otherwise, you only need one of each. I did Constructs with one of each and some portal profits ;-)

It only takes longer time. But why rush to the end, just have to sit and wait for another new chapter as we do now ;-)

Heymrdiedier

Enchanter
It depends on how fast you want to produce these research goods, and if you want to follow the quest line and do as Simon(INNO) says ;-)

Otherwise, you only need one of each. I did Constructs with one of each and some portal profits ;-)

It only takes longer time. But why rush to the end, just have to sit and wait for another new chapter as we do now ;-)
while that was very good way to do previous chapters, im not sure its a valid tactic for the elvenar. Theres a lot of goods needed that you cant get out of PP. stuff you need to produce yourself, so it might take a while longer then you expect.
BTW i just finished constructs a few days ago and started it as soon as it was released. I also took my time :)

DeletedUser3671

while that was very good way to do previous chapters, im not sure its a valid tactic for the elvenar. Theres a lot of goods needed that you cant get out of PP. stuff you need to produce yourself, so it might take a while longer then you expect.
BTW i just finished constructs a few days ago and started it as soon as it was released. I also took my time :)
My point exactly. It IS doable - it just takes more time ;-)

DeletedUser6046

My point exactly. It IS doable - it just takes more time ;-)

Yes, I understand that. But the chapter quest may require a certain number of settlement buildings to be built and I like doing these chapter quests and get the rewards. We shall see I guess...

DeletedUser3671

Yes, I understand that. But the chapter quest may require a certain number of settlement buildings to be built and I like doing these chapter quests and get the rewards. We shall see I guess...
Well, that's what i stopped doing, because the so called wins from doing these quests don't match what's needed for completing them. I stopped doing them in Elementals. I could then build my city the way i like :)

And now they have messed up events, i don't have to bother figuring out where to find space for extra WS and Manufactories ;-) I can just play my game and do my tournaments until the remaining joy of the game has run its course. Events was something that made it not so boring playing the game, doing the same thing over and over again in each chapter, just with different looking buildings.

RainbowElvira

Sorcerer
the so called wins from doing these quests don't match what's needed for completing them.

I'm in the minority here, but for me the main reward for completing a chapter quest is the story bit. So worth it for me whatever the cost. Besides, there's nothing else to do for the next months...

DeletedUser6967

I made it through Orcs with only level 2 buildings, there is no major rush here is there?

Pauly7

Magus
I'm in the minority here, but for me the main reward for completing a chapter quest is the story bit. So worth it for me whatever the cost. Besides, there's nothing else to do for the next months...
So there's an actual story here? It's been a long time since I even read what popped up in a speech bubble. It usually seemed like a bit of disconnected gibberish to me.

Mind you I haven't done story quests since quite a while before they released the option to clear them at the end of the chapter.