• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Discussion News from Beta (may contain spoilers!)

Pauly7

Magus
We really are being corralled.
That's always been the way at every step. That's also what storyline quests are designed for. I just ignore anything that is against what I planned to do anyway, which sometimes hinders my progress, but I've never cared about points or stage of the game. The one thing I do care about is tournaments, which is why ignoring the Brown Bear will give me a disadvantage, I'm sure.

Thagdal

Sorcerer
Produce Bread 5 times with a Workshop from your previous or current Chapter

Hmmm...More Forge Of Empires style crap, they always have quest's that make you build 4 from previous age or 2 from your age.
only problem is you cant build previous chapter buildings like you can in FOE. wonder if the new game developer worked on FOE before elvenar...
the spire is FOE GE, the teleport spell is store building from FOE.
im sure we shall be able to attack each others cities soon :p:D...
wont be long before we get construction mode too i bet;) (this was always a no-way from FOE devs too, as was store building here :rolleyes:)

If they did that how would new players to the game take part in the event ? they don't have tier 2 factories.

its pretty hard for new players to get VV and do tournament provinces or donate AWkp. sure theres other options but then they need to have goods/troops to do provinces, but can they do it without overscouting that Inno expect us to not do?

Realistically these events can only be completed comfortably at chapter 3 onwards IMO.

The only other way to make this fair for workshop productions is put a cap on the amount of workshops you can have in your city during an event, say 10, that would even out the playing field for all chapters, then there would be no rushing through events. you dont see many cities, if any, with more than 10 regular workshops in, so later chapter players with fewer workshops can build up to 10 using level 1 builds.

DeletedUser4149

Realistically these events can only be completed comfortably at chapter 3 onwards IMO.
no big deal there. doesn't take too long to finish the early chapters. most of the prize buildings will be outdated quickly for them anyways. better to give folks a reason to progress than to punish cities for their achievements.

DeletedUser8632

probably have to wait till the event starts on live and we all find out...:eek::p

Well, it did. On beta. A week ago. So here is the part that worries me: Not even the people working for Inno are able to give definitive answers to questions like this anymore. It has basically become a circus of "your guess is as good as mine".

DeletedUser8844

If they did that how would new players to the game take part in the event ? they don't have tier 2 factories.

Tier 2 goods you earn by chapter 2.

If you're only in chapter 1 ... Events would be tough anyways

DeletedUser8409

No sign it seems of Inno dealing with the fact they're punishing players who've spent diamonds on premium workshops.

This event rewards players with more max level [regular] workshops rather than fewer [premium] workshops. Great work guys!

Would make more sense to demand production of X supplies instead of X Toolboxes, then Premiums would be beneficial as they should be rather than detrimental.

Pauly7

Magus
I remember playing an Easter quest when I first started playing the game thinking that surely a newbie doesn't have a chance of finishing it... but I finished comfortably. You don't have the pleasure of a lot of spare space, but they tend to be quite straightforward even without.

DeletedUser8409

I remember playing an Easter quest when I first started playing the game thinking that surely a newbie doesn't have a chance of finishing it... but I finished comfortably. You don't have the pleasure of a lot of spare space, but they tend to be quite straightforward even without.
Given they have rewards that give Seeds if you're a particular chapter, mana if you're not quite that far, goods if you're further behind and supplies if you're new . . .

It shouldn't be too difficult to come up with a quest that is T2 . . . but if you're only chapter 1 or 2 then it only demands T1 for the same quest.

Indeed with random quests it should be possible to have quests for T1, T2 or T3 but just disable those quests from the random generator if the player is the wrong chapter. Which are edge cases anyway.

Timneh

Artisan

It might be tough for them but at least they would still be able to take part.
This game seems to lose enough players as it is so it's not the best idea to give them another reason to quit. If a player joins the game and then finds they can not take part in an event because they can not produce T2 goods they might quit in anger.

Hekata

Artisan
I know I am repeating myself here but why does it have to be specified which tier? Can't the quests be collect 5 x 3 hours production from boosted factories? That way everyone can play with what they have.

Killiak

Artisan
I know I am repeating myself here but why does it have to be specified which tier? Can't the quests be collect 5 x 3 hours production from boosted factories? That way everyone can play with what they have.

Because Inno wants to have control over which buildings are used, in an effort to be able to control how many prizes people get per event.
That way the game can only be played "as intended".

Hekata

Artisan
Because Inno wants to have control over which buildings are used, in an effort to be able to control how many prizes people get per event.
That way the game can only be played "as intended".

I think that what inno wanted is not to allow us to have 50+ factories/workshops (in your cities which we could easily have) because that speeds up the event a lot and allows us to have more prizes. If we need factories at chapter level-1 and WS at chapter level-3 we can never have that even if we can use all the tiers because of the size/space limits. I conciser myself a fairly average player. 5 T1, 4 T2, 4 T3 + 1 sentient So I could have 15 factories at my disposal without going through the ordeal of building more and I could use that space to make more workshops since I have only 6 and could get an additional 6-8. Playing an event with 15 factories and 15 workshops seems like a decent balance between limiting the number of prizes we can get and making this event less tedious. Some players will have a few more, some a few less but no one will have those crazy numbers we could have until now. The way they are making it now, I'll have maybe 7-8 T1 and 10-11 WS. It will make this event boring, slow and it will put my city out of balance with goods and supplies.

But again if the goal is just to have us win less prizes the easiest solution (as many have said already) is to limit them. Make it so we can only win artifacts to fully evolve 3 bears and after that just make the other main prizes cycle over and over. If someone wants 20 Ferris Wheels, why not?

DeletedUser8409

Is there any intention of the developers to deal with the fact as it stands those with premium workshops are being punished for spending diamonds and probably cash on the game?

I used to have 7 regular workshops until I sold 6 and replaced them with 3 premiums. Now I'm being told I need developed workshops I'd have been better off with regular ones! If premium workshops counted as 2 for quests then that'd be fair as that's essentially what they output and why they were purchased for diamonds in the first place!

Are we going to get any word on this from anyone representing Elvenar? I see a lot of people in this thread and the Beta thread making the same point. Punishing people who spend premium currency is a bizarre marketing tactic.

DeletedUser8409

I used to have 7 maxed out regular workshops until I sold 6 and replaced with 3 premiums. Given that the developers are unexpectedly changing the game so that in the events more regular workshops are better than fewer premium workshops ... without time to adjust ... how can we go about getting previously sold regular workshops restored and the premium ones sold and diamond expenditure refunded? After all the developers surely don't intend to leave us just suffering for having spent diamonds so a refund and restoration must surely be viable? I've never seen a game before where you are punished for spending diamonds so I'm assuming you're prepared to refund them and restore the regular workshops to make up for this?

C-Nymph

Necromancer
This would actually not even be such a bad idea. And would at least give somewhat of a rectification for what is going on at the moment with the new event requirements...

DeletedUser3097

I used to have 7 maxed out regular workshops until I sold 6 and replaced with 3 premiums. Given that the developers are unexpectedly changing the game so that in the events more regular workshops are better than fewer premium workshops ... without time to adjust ... how can we go about getting previously sold regular workshops restored and the premium ones sold and diamond expenditure refunded? After all the developers surely don't intend to leave us just suffering for having spent diamonds so a refund and restoration must surely be viable? I've never seen a game before where you are punished for spending diamonds so I'm assuming you're prepared to refund them and restore the regular workshops to make up for this?
Thank you for your question. Unfortunately the only place where you can discuss features, quests and events not yet in the 'live' game is in the Beta thread so this question plus the responses will be moved there.

Timneh

Artisan
@Muf-Muf you once told me that it was part of your job to respond to players concerns and get answers to the questions asked by players, has your job changed so that you no longer do that ?

6 days later and still no response. You really should feel guilty every time you get paid because you are being paid but not doing something that YOU said is part of your job.

Interesting that DizzyLizzie responded to that post (only to say that it was in the wrong place and was moved) but did not address the actual question asked, never even said the question would be passed on to try and get an answer.

DeletedUser8409

Thank you for your question. Unfortunately the only place where you can discuss features, quests and events not yet in the 'live' game is in the Beta thread so this question plus the responses will be moved there.
Thanks @Dizzy Lizzie though do you have an answer to the question?

It surely can't be right that having half as many workshops that you've paid premium currency for sees you getting punished in the event, so unless we see premium workshops count double towards the quests, can we see a restoration of old buildings and a refund of premium currency? Or do we need to just wait until the event goes live then repost the same question?