1. Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Dismiss Notice

Discussion News from Beta (may contain spoilers!)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Muf-Muf, Sep 19, 2017.

1. LazyTony

LazyTony Sorcerer

2. conqueror9

conqueror9 Bard

where can i access game files ?

usually there is annoucement when event start
    but recently, that annoucement change to "at the same instant when event start"

it becomes useless as u immediately get it when u reload the game if new event is on
    and
    but u do not get that annoucement w/o reload game too

Lelanya likes this.
  3. alsael

alsael Soothsayer

I don't have a beta city,but is it true that it will be too difficult to have troops for tourneys+spire?
    If this is true,then a lot will not play spire:(

Lelanya likes this.
  4. JackLuyt

JackLuyt Sorcerer

The Chess Set is to be re-valued!

[​IMG]

Balancing changes
    • We found that the Magical Chess Set's set bonuses were rather underwhelming, considering the rarity of the building and the difficulty to get it. Therefore, we are changing the set bonuses from this set that is exclusively available through Crafting. The new set bonuses will be:
      • Golden King
        • 2 buildings connected: Mana Production Bonus 50% (was 10%)
        • 3 buildings connected: Mana Production Bonus 100% (was 15%)
        • 4 buildings connected: 1 KP
      • Solar Rook
        • 2 buildings connected: Coins Production Bonus 100% (was 33%)
        • 3 buildings connected: Coins Production Bonus 150% (was Supply production Bonus 33%)
      • Flame Knight
        • 2 buildings connected: Seeds Production Bonus 100% (was 10% - also applies to different production types before the Halflings chapter)
        • 3 buildings connected: Seeds Production Bonus 150% (was 15% - also applies to different production types before the Halflings chapter)
      • Tome Bishop
        • 2 buildings connected: Supplies Production Bonus 75% (was 50%)
        • 3 buildings connected: Supplies Production Bonus 100% (was Coins Production Bonus 50%)
        • 4 buildings connected: Supplies Production bonus 125% (was Coins Production Bonus 50%)
    • Note: the base values for the buildings remain the same as before. It is only the set bonuses we are changing with this.

Please let us know your thoughts in our feedback thread!

m4rt1n likes this.
  5. Heartman

Heartman Soothsayer

I saw this and thought, , great, I will build it again, but then I had a thought.

a 15% bonus of a poor amount of mana equals a poor amount of mana x 1.15
    a 100% bonus of a poor amount of mana equals a poor amount of mana x 2

So no real change. I would be interested to see the actual number that the mana will change from and to for a specified chapter, but I dare bet that its big hype about an infinitesimal change.

EdwardTrunk and MinMax Gamer like this.
  6. MinMax Gamer

MinMax Gamer Soothsayer

You would be correct IMO. If numbers on ElvenArchitect are correct, neither seeds nor mana are anything to write home about. Considering how many catalysts (nevermind fragments) this set requires, it is still a solid pass for me.

7. Lelanya

Lelanya Summoner

Aww now don't be like that. The chest set is cool and now it's better :)

m4rt1n likes this.
  8. Pauly7

Pauly7 Necromancer

I don't think it's cool. I've never looked at its stats as I don't fancy having a ginormous chess set in my city. I'm not a novelty pub!

kimelve and QuercusFol like this.
  9. At this point, yes, but The Spire is still under development, so this may change.

alsael likes this.
  10. Lelanya

Lelanya Summoner

A new event has been released on Beta, Queen of the Seas

11. m4rt1n

m4rt1n Summoner

Already...events seem to be piling on us currently.

12. JackLuyt

JackLuyt Sorcerer

'Queen of the Seas' single-questline event just started in Beta World, running 24th June to 3rd July

Here is a preview that you are welcome to share with your friends who do not play in Beta:
    https://tinyurl.com/yynspn4h

[​IMG]

m4rt1n likes this.
  13. m4rt1n

m4rt1n Summoner

Having a look this one looks like a refreshing change, a nice Culture/pop building aesthetically pleasing and not all out on the quests. No more back to back upgrading the main prize making the game less enjoyable, thankfully.

Still I am looking forward to the Spire of Eternity coming to live, hopefully with some adjustments to the fighting element. :)

JackLuyt likes this.
  14. Killiak

Killiak Necromancer

I see the questline has ZERO forced province completions. Good, that's how it should be @Muf-Muf

JackLuyt likes this.
  15. TomColBadil

TomColBadil Adventurer

In the woodelves chapter the daily mana production goes from 2025 to 4590, supplies production goes from 2940 to 7840. That's definitely not an infinitesimal change.

RainbowElvira and Lelanya like this.
  16. Killiak

Killiak Necromancer

Now please offset that against your daily productions from regular workshops, AW's, and other event buildings.
    It might not be infinitesimal change, but it most certainly is irrelevant.

17. m4rt1n

m4rt1n Summoner

I see 3 scouts in the quests, 2 have reasonable alternatives, but the last one, I have no tech left to research and scouts approaching 80 hours.

18. MinMax Gamer

MinMax Gamer Soothsayer

What's the duration of this event? Even with several days of scouting time it might be doable as most of the other quests on the list do not take that much time or space.

19. m4rt1n

m4rt1n Summoner

8 Days according to Elven gems.

MinMax Gamer likes this.
  20. Silent Tempest

Silent Tempest Dreamer

Some people "complain" about there being too many events but you won't get that complaint for me. I really do enjoy the fact that there is always another event waiting in the wings following the end of whatever is running currently. It breaks up the tournaments nicely and, let's be honest, we'd get bored without the events!

The upcoming event looks great in terms of the individual quest rewards and the actual quests themselves. The fact that there is no forced province scouting and clearing is a huge relief. Even the event buildings are decent...ish, if you're into combination buildings ;) Though, everyone loves a Wishing Well!

However, I'm even more appreciative of the fact that we haven't had an FA in a while. Anyone that peruses the "Ideas and Suggestions" forum knows my (negative) feelings on FAs.

Just wanted to say a huge thank you and well done for this positive improvement in event management!

Golddust Odin likes this.