1. Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Dismiss Notice

Discussion News from Beta (may contain spoilers!)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Muf-Muf, Sep 19, 2017.

1. SoggyShorts

SoggyShorts Enchanter

It would appear that you are correct since the abandoned city next to me is still there after 2 years.(on Beta)

Last edited: Jan 2, 2019
  2. yo momma love me

yo momma love me Conjurer

i think some of you are talking about beta and some are talking about our server.
    it's possible they are finally cleaning up dead cities. but the obvious guess is that they're either testing the royal spell or fixing the glitch that has messed up combat for a while.

3. JackLuyt

JackLuyt Scholar

It looks like the normal inactives who haven't spent Diamonds. But the normal procedure is just to flag and remove a small number, in a spiral procession from the center of the Map outwards. This time they seem to have removed ALL the flagged players at once - which has never happened before.

It has been suggested that some kind of mass player migration is about to start - and for technical reasons this required cancellation of Tournaments - perhaps because players would lose their Tournament progress on being relocated.
    The above is speculation - we are expecting a definitive announcement from Marindor any day...

4. JackLuyt

JackLuyt Scholar

Now it looks like we are only missing ONE Tournament in Beta - not two.
    But still no official news...

[​IMG]

5. JackLuyt

JackLuyt Scholar

A NEW GAME FEATURE HAS APPEARED IN BETA WORLD!

Dear Humans and Elves,
    Today we would like to introduce our newest feature to you: Challenges! Challenges are mini-events in which (depending on the type of challenge) you can earn medals by completing certain tasks (e.g. finishing workshop productions and casting Enchantments). These medals add up in a progress bar and at certain milestones you'll get rewards for your accomplishments.

The first challenge is the "Craftsman Challenge" and it will run from today until Sunday, January 6th, 11:59 CET. During this time you will be able to earn medals by finishing Workshop productions or by casting Enchantment spells.

We wish you a lot of fun with participating in the Challenges and are of course eager to hear your feedback in our Feedback Thread!

[​IMG]

The Rewards are:

215 medals = 500 Spell Fragments
    650 medals = 1 Combining Catalyst
    1300 medals = 1000 Spell Fragments
    2400 medals = 3 Combining Catalyst
    4350 medals = 1 Carting Library 2 x 1 produces 1 KP per day expires in 100 days
    :)

Last edited: Jan 3, 2019
    Kaliartis and CiraKelley like this.
  6. LadyHavva

LadyHavva Sorcerer

You've beaten me to it Jack. Though I would just have posted a link to the Beta forums ;). Your posts look so much nicer.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2019
    CiraKelley likes this.
  7. JackLuyt

JackLuyt Scholar

The 'Challenges' Rewards are:

215 medals = 500 Spell Fragments
    650 medals = 1 Combining Catalyst
    1300 medals = 1000 Spell Fragments
    2400 medals = 3 Combining Catalyst
    4350 medals = 1 Carting Library 2 x 1 produces 1 KP per day expires in 100 days
    :)

Wowwie and CiraKelley like this.
  8. Lelanya

Lelanya Shaman

Ahahaha!!
    I like what I have seen of the new challenge feature
    Do not move my post I will edit later if needed thanks

Last edited: Jan 4, 2019
    SoggyShorts likes this.
  9. Rilian

Rilian
    Senior Game Moderator
    Elvenar Team

All of this about account/city deletion is outside the scope of this thread. Further discussion on this matter can be put in a new thread in either General Discussion or Questions and Answers. ;)

Back to 'News From Beta, may contain spoilers'

EdwardTrunk and Lelanya like this.
  10. Dizzy Lizzie

Dizzy Lizzie Co-Community Manager Elvenar Team

Ahh this thread is an exciting read but it seems to have lost its way a little, thank you @Rilian for pointing that out!

So, to summarise: there is a new mini-event called Challenges happening on Beta. Due to a technical issue, it was decided to stop Tournaments on Beta for while BUT the Tournaments on EN are unaffected and will happen as scheduled.

So.. back to this thread
    News from Beta (may contain spoilers!)

Posts about inactive cities/ account deletion moved to

Your worlds experience

Please ensure that any further posts are strictly on-topic as if they are not they will be removed.

11. Lelanya

Lelanya Shaman

FA is launching on Beta, for tomorrow

12. SoggyShorts

SoggyShorts Enchanter

Without implementing the new anti-cycling system introduced by challenges.:(:(:mad::mad::mad:
    @Dizzy Lizzie @Rilian please pass on my utmost disappointment with that choice to the devs(and everyone else's once they find out)

13. LadyHavva

LadyHavva Sorcerer

I don't feel like Inno is taking us serious :(

14. Pauly7

Pauly7 Sorcerer

Did that ever happen?

EdwardTrunk and SoggyShorts like this.
  15. JackLuyt

JackLuyt Scholar

Tournaments are back on Beta

16. JackLuyt

JackLuyt Scholar

A New Type A (ten-quest) Fellowship Adventure starts tomorrow Thursday 10th January in Beta World

The quest system is still a work in progress so we are still stuck with having to scroll through all ten items to find the one we want.

Apparently the structure is identical to the Adventures in the June Edition, of which you will find full details here: https://tinyurl.com/y74auuxg

Once the Adventures starts, I will record all the new prizes and any other changes we may find, in this short Note: https://tinyurl.com/yatck6mu

[​IMG]

Discussion thread: https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/fellowship-adventures.8853/

m4rt1n likes this.
  17. CleverAngel777

CleverAngel777 Conjurer

Luckily, nobody's forcing us to do the FA if we don't like it. I might give it a little bit of a go, we'll see.

18. JackLuyt

JackLuyt Scholar

It is the easiest of the four different Adventures. (Only ten items)
    We are enjoying it!
    :):)

19. LadyHavva

LadyHavva Sorcerer

That's at least the least amount of clicks for declines if we're looking for silver linings. We might just do one path every stage.

CleverAngel777 and m4rt1n like this.
  20. CleverAngel777

CleverAngel777 Conjurer

So far what I've read it's possible that we'll have to scroll through all types of badges to get just ten badges. I just don't want to get all excited and then get disappointed and upset. I don't expect much so everything will be a bonus :)