• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Discussion News from Beta (may contain spoilers!)

DeletedUser3542

Is that not what I said? So you can thank Jack and not me? And, isn't that rude?

Oh dear please forgive me, i did tick the like on your response and forgot to thank you which i will do now.. Thank you Lelanya, although i wasn't being rude just an oversight.

DeletedUser4149

is this where we'll get the 1st and official announcement of the fellowship adventure?
anyone know for sure when it'll start?

DeletedUser4149

thanks. let's hope they make sure their announcement gets through this time.
is the official announcement going to be here on page 35 or 36 of this thread?

Lelanya

Mentor
thanks. let's hope they make sure their announcement gets through this time.
is the official announcement going to be here on page 35 or 36 of this thread?
No
Muf-muf or Dizzy Lizzie will tell us first. Either in Announcements or a Horn notice, sometimes a pop up. Usually 2 days before, but not always. Our Aussie, Euro or UK players are up for that, as are early risers for Eastern Namerica. The rest of us, including NZ, are abed yet.
We see it and I spread the word

Last edited:

Jackluyt

Shaman
Here is a preview of the Fellowship Adventures that will most likely start on Thursday 15th in the Live Worlds - together with all the game-play information you will need (Stage details, spreadsheet and prizes, and more!).
:)

You are most welcome to share it with friends and fellowship who don't play on Beta.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jackluyt

Shaman
The Recipes for crafting have been changed slightly, in Beta World today.
This change will reach the Live Worlds soon.
1f642.png
1f642.png

46177304_10212824996160344_1573954610308055040_n.jpg

Deleted User - 341074

Oooh too bad for that clarification, I was excited thinking that they removed the rather lame relic recipes

Jackluyt

Shaman
So far, the Quests in 'Winter Magic' appear to be copy-and-pasted straight out of the Woodelvenstock Summer Event!

This is really sloppy work from the design team, in my humble opinion, for the main event of the year, covering the festive season.
It means that bad quest-design features that have been fixed in subsequent Events are now being repeated - so we are doing a giant leap backwards, undoing the positive response to player feedback...
:( :(

Deleted User - 341074

So far, the Quests in 'Winter Magic' appear to be copy-and-pasted straight out of the Woodelvenstock Summer Event!

This is really sloppy work from the design team, in my humble opinion, for the main event of the year, covering the festive season.
It means that bad quest-design features that have been fixed in subsequent Events are now being repeated - so we are doing a giant leap backwards, undoing the positive response to player feedback...
:( :(
While I would love for them to give us a totally new and innovative list of quests, I do completely understand why they did the copy and paste.
Look at the FA. Remember when we thought they were making changes to the FA? It turns out that they just wanted 4 versions. Inno has basically told us (by lack of response) that they are happy with them as is and that means they can roll them out 4-6 times a year with zero effort whatsoever. Counting the 1-week break between events, that's 2.3 months that are DONE. Get the formula down for valentines, Halloween and 2 other mini quest lists and a couple more months done. The holy grail is 4 major event quest lists that they can use on repeat, and never have to make a quest list ever again.
Like a DJ who has a decent playlist that is 1 year long, they can just press "play" on January first and collect a paycheck every 2 weeks.

Jackluyt

Shaman
While I would love for them to give us a totally new and innovative list of quests, I do completely understand why they did the copy and paste.

That is not the point!

They have copy-and-pasted quests that have been proved to be unacceptable for some players. They could at least have fixed those!!

Last edited:

Lelanya

Mentor
That is not the point!

They have copy-and-pasted quests that have been proved to be unacceptable. They could at least have fixed those!!
Who decides what is acceptable tho, Jack? We've gone over this here on our Forum. So not every small player can finish a large event. So? I didn't finish my first. Want to know why? I dodged placing the Magic Academy cause I didn't have the relics to build spells! Plus I read here all kinds of negative remarks about MA when I joined the game. Point being, the events are designed to support various players at variable levels and it still works for everyone.

For a player of your standing in the community to announce to all, publicly, that the event is unplayable, is really not acceptable IMO. Folks, do your best with the event. Post some unfair trades, who knows, maybe a big neighbour will give you a Christmas present :)