• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Discussion News from Beta (may contain spoilers!)

Gargon667

Mentor
I agree that the current bracelets are much better for us (FA enthusiasts) because we´re the ones who swap everything out to make tons of bracelets. The change to more tiers would be beneficial for the non FA FS out there, to make it easier for them to participate without having to stress out about it.

I personally have now 10 upgraded T1s in my town (will swap in another 5) while before I had maybe 2?. I don´t need the space in between FAs because the events are so non-demanding and I don´t play any guest races either. It creates a rather silly imbalance in goods, but I don´t care too much I just cross-tier trade all the stuff and it makes my storage explode, but so what, doesn´t decay. In my neighborhood the cross-tier trades go the other way lol.

Obviously the changes were meant to make FAs more inclusive and I think that is certainly happening, but it could be much more so. At first glance that always makes it look like enthusiasts will loose their advantage, but as far as I can tell that isn´t happening, the most deddicated ones are still winning, in our word I think the top 3 were exactly the same as before the change. Tactics change of course, but the ones that are most interested in doing well are the ones that deal with changes best. The changes do make it easier for the others to finish the maps and of course it makes prechange and post change results incomparable. But not a big deal I find.

Sir Derf

Adept
I'll re-mention my ponder that they didn't make a similar change for Workshops as they did for the Bracelets? Although, on further pondering, it could be that the wide range in output choices, coupled with the 5-minute rate on Beverages, maybe it wouldn't have been so easy to have a tough enough target...

Silmaril

Community Manager
Elvenar Team

New Rewards for the Spire of Eternity

Dear Humans and Elves,

On March 7, the reward dataset for the Spire of Eternity will be adjusted for the next 6 weeks.

Changes:
  • Phoenix Artifacts will be phased out as a possible reward for the Spire of Eternity
  • Stonehenge Artifacts will be phased in instead
  • The Stonehenge building will be added as a craftable building
  • The Moonstone Library set is also back as a craftable building

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team

Pauly7

Magus
Dony just posted a screenshot of Phoenix Artifacts available as a Craftable item for 3 blueprints and 10k spell fragments :)
Interesting. Comes at a massive cost, but at least it's an option. In my Beta city I'll be able to stress about whether to start on the other Phoenixes at the expense of three weeks' worth of building upgrades. It would only take 54 weeks to evolve the other two birds! :)

Gargon667

Mentor
Interesting. Comes at a massive cost, but at least it's an option. In my Beta city I'll be able to stress about whether to start on the other Phoenixes at the expense of three weeks' worth of building upgrades. It would only take 54 weeks to evolve the other two birds! :)

I´d say 27 weeks for a Firebird is a pretty good deal. And that is only if you didn´t get any artifacts at all during the last 6 weeks and if you skip the upcoming Phoenix event lol.
I would say nobody has any reason whatsoever to complain anymore once that goes live. If you cannot get your Firebird upgraded now it´s not because the game doesn´t let you...

Pauly7

Magus
I´d say 27 weeks for a Firebird is a pretty good deal. And that is only if you didn´t get any artifacts at all during the last 6 weeks and if you skip the upcoming Phoenix event lol.
I would say nobody has any reason whatsoever to complain anymore once that goes live. If you cannot get your Firebird upgraded now it´s not because the game doesn´t let you...
Well I've pretty much finished the Firebird over there. Still, considering the standard of prizes these days I think building an Aureate Phoenix is probably worth more than the next 6 months worth of trash.

It's a pity I won't need to craft any more artefacts in my small city. Over there I have nearly 10 blueprints already and I won't ever have a use for them.

Gargon667

Mentor
Well I've pretty much finished the Firebird over there. Still, considering the standard of prizes these days I think building an Aureate Phoenix is probably worth more than the next 6 months worth of trash.

It's a pity I won't need to craft any more artefacts in my small city. Over there I have nearly 10 blueprints already and I won't ever have a use for them.

Definitely both the Aureate and the Storm are worthwhile, I am considering myself which one of the two to place with my artifacts :) I am leaning towards the golden duck with its more useful regular production. I might even go for the last one after the phoenix event.

Pauly7

Magus
Definitely both the Aureate and the Storm are worthwhile, I am considering myself which one of the two to place with my artifacts :) I am leaning towards the golden duck with its more useful regular production. I might even go for the last one after the phoenix event.
In my main city I have all three. I think you are probably going to prefer the duck because it will give you a much bigger bang for those FA bracelet badges. Storm Phoenix is better if you want lots of sentient goods, but I think like me you aren't going through research anymore so you might not have a use for the sentient.... Storm is the most beautiful though. :)

Gargon667

Mentor
In my main city I have all three. I think you are probably going to prefer the duck because it will give you a much bigger bang for those FA bracelet badges. Storm Phoenix is better if you want lots of sentient goods, but I think like me you aren't going through research anymore so you might not have a use for the sentient.... Storm is the most beautiful though. :)

Both would only be fed to make bracelets in the FA :D I think the boost will be rather similar for both of them.

Gargon667

Mentor
[QUTE="Pauly7, post: 88041, member: 4745"]
In that scenario you want the duck because it'll boost your T1 by 300% whereas Storm just boosts MM spells by 100%.
[/QUOTE]

It only boosts the MM by 50%. The MM does the first 50, the Storm adds another 50.

The difference is the Storm (and MM) boost the total production, including relics boost and Mountain Halls, while the Golden Duck only boosts base production, which means before any other boosts are applied.
Alright I´ll look up the numbers, so I can stop guessing :D

T1 at lvl 31: Base production (3h): 750

ignoring the MM itself and the ETC

Storm Bird:
Goods boost 960% (700% for relics and 260% from Mhalls30) Storm bird 50% boost
750*9.6*1.5= 10800

Gold Duck:
Goods boost 1260% (700% for relics and 260% from Mhalls30 and 300% Duck boost)
750*12.6=9450

Meaning the Storm bird actually helps more with bracelets than the gold duck does. But it requires the use of MMs (which is obviously not the issue during the FA).
I think I still prefer the regular production on the gold duck, which adds a full bracelet every 48h by itself and is more useful to me in regular gameplay.

BlueBlou

Illusionist
I want to lay another egg to the usability of either the yellow bird or the blue bird. Both require a lot of pet food and that is not always available. I have both placed in one city, but I prefer feeding the yellow bird during FAs as it boost all the manus, even the lvl 1 manus, and not just the ones boosted with MMs. I also like it for its regular production.

Gargon, your sums did not include the base 100%. A manu boosted with 700% from MH actually gets 8x base value production figures. Won’t change your relative answer though.

Pauly7

Magus
Why do you refer to the Storm's feeding effect being 50% boost to MM? It's 100% at level 10.

Your calculations are interesting though and I haven't considered the Aureate only boosting the base value, but I guess that makes sense. Is that really right though? I haven't yet ever fed my Aureate, but I was planning on it for the next FA. If it's adding the 300% before the relics boost then of course that's the majority of any bonus lost.

Here's how it may look for my set up:

Storm:
Goods boost 756%
850*7.56 = 6,426
MM effect = 165% + Storm = 100% = 265% boost
3hr production = 17,029

Aureate
850*(756+300)% = 8,976

So to me that seems to indicate that the Storm Phoenix will be twice as good as my Aureate. Someone feel free to correct my maths because I'm not sure about any of this. I'm interested to try it out when we get to an FA.

Is it fair to assume, though, that if the Aureate's feeding effect is applied before production boosts and Storm's is after the fact, then that may work in my favour when feeding both at the same time?

So perhaps I will have:

850*(756+300)% = 8,976
8,976*265% = 23,786 (for a 3 hour production)

A bracelet costs 44,000 T1 to me, so I would be picking up one for every 2 * 3hr collections. So I would potentially be able to get 4 bracelet badges every 3 hours if I was willing to spend all that pet food, plus the Aureate would also give me 1 extra badge per 48 hours for its base output.

I'm really not sure about any of this maths I'm spewing out.

Hekata

Artisan
Your calculations are interesting though and I haven't considered the Aureate only boosting the base value, but I guess that makes sense.
I think it's applied before the relic boost, here's an example from Gems
Opera Snapshot_2021-03-06_194832_elvengems.com.png

Gargon667

Mentor
Gargon, your sums did not include the base 100%. A manu boosted with 700% from MH actually gets 8x base value production figures. Won’t change your relative answer though.

Good you mention that because I was thinking the same, the weird thing is my calculation produced the actual results in the game, so I left it the way it is there... must be because of the multiplication instead of adding things with plusses. I didn´t really think about it too much...

Giraffi

Enchanter
Seeing as they are lowering the bracelet requirements every time, do we still need boosts? I am getting the feeling I might be able to do in the coming FA what I could achieve with boosts in the very first FA. Can probably check it, but that is too much bother.

Gargon667

Mentor
Why do you refer to the Storm's feeding effect being 50% boost to MM? It's 100% at level 10.

100% is the MM boost after you feed the Storm Phoenix, But the MM has a 50% boost to start. the Storm bird only adds another 50%.

So you´ll have to adjust your calculation to 115% (I assume 15% is from the ETC?) That should lower your Storm numbers to something close to the Aureate. But yes you can stack them. If you feed both, the Storm will boost the golden.

Gargon667

Mentor
Seeing as they are lowering the bracelet requirements every time, do we still need boosts? I am getting the feeling I might be able to do in the coming FA what I could achieve with boosts in the very first FA. Can probably check it, but that is too much bother.

You can either make the same bracelets with fewer factories and use the space to make other badges instead or you can make more badges with the same factories, depending on what is more helpful.

For us we didn´t really do much last FA, but I think we might try a bit harder this time, so it comes in handy we can make more without much trouble :D

Pauly7

Magus
100% is the MM boost after you feed the Storm Phoenix, But the MM has a 50% boost to start. the Storm bird only adds another 50%.

So you´ll have to adjust your calculation to 115% (I assume 15% is from the ETC?) That should lower your Storm numbers to something close to the Aureate. But yes you can stack them. If you feed both, the Storm will boost the golden.
So what you're saying is that the Storm Phoenix boosts the MM effect to 100% and doesn't increase it by 100%. Are you able to back that up having used it?

I've used the Storm Phoenix quite a lot over the last year or two. I accept the possibility that I've just been really dumb or am going slightly mad, but I have always accepted the fact that the Storm Phoenix boosts my MMs by 100%. Admittedly I haven't at any point sat down with a calculator and figured out if what I am getting is what I expected to.

Also, if the Storm Phoenix is effectively boosting MMs by 50%, then why wouldn't mine be saying that the feeding effect is 115%? It doesn't. It says 100%.