• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Discussion News from Beta (may contain spoilers!)

Hekata

Artisan
The T4 production, is it our boosted? or +1 or +2?

Hekata

Artisan
I think it's boosted. I'm just going by the fact that in my Orcs chapter city I'm being offered my boosted T3 instead of both the sentient and the mana.
Hmm... interesting. I was hoping it would be +1, that way it would be gum for me and I'd have an excellent reason not to build it (the market is flooded with gum) but if it will give me my boosted platinum... might be worth considering building it, there seems to be a constant lack of it.

Pauly7

Magus
FYI all, since the first change they have changed the Snow Owl again now. It will have approximately double the supplies value that @JackLuyt mentioned, but less goods.

It's good to know that feedback sometimes works. This building became something to think about again. It's still not great compared to prizes of aulde, plus we still have the old problem of not being able to teleport it, but they've made it more equivalent to the Wise Golem now, which I'm happy about because I wanted to build this one just for looking so cool!

Hekata

Artisan
FYI all, since the first change they have changed the Snow Owl again now. It will have approximately double the supplies value that @JackLuyt mentioned, but less goods.

It's good to know that feedback sometimes works. This building became something to think about again. It's still not great compared to prizes of aulde, plus we still have the old problem of not being able to teleport it, but they've made it more equivalent to the Wise Golem now, which I'm happy about because I wanted to build this one just for looking so cool!
Ah then it might not be as useful to me after all. Since I got my 2nd MW I have enough supplies (+the occasional instants when I'm mass producing troops with time boosters). The teleport problem you mention is in fact very annoying to me. I hate seeing my city filled with buildings that can't be teleported when I don't have as much use from them. For instance I'd gladly replace the Golum with the Owl as I do find it better and as you say it looks very cool (I really love owls :) ), but adding another average building next to the Golum and a few others that I can't teleport makes it very hard for me to decide to build it. If they could be teleported I'd say all evo buildings are (very) useful, but since they can't, to me their values are cut by half.

Pauly7

Magus
Yup I agree with Hekata on this one! My smallest city has a chapter 1 May tree. It's hard to sell, but not the best item for chapter 5.
I would bite the bullet and ditch anything from chapter 1... unless you can upgrade it. I've taken my (part) Air Traders set with me and upgraded it from chapter 1 to chapter 8 on Beta and I still find it worthwhile.

The teleport problem you mention is in fact very annoying to me. I hate seeing my city filled with buildings that can't be teleported when I don't have as much use from them. For instance I'd gladly replace the Golum with the Owl as I do find it better and as you say it looks very cool (I really love owls :) )
You're not wrong. The owl is super cool though, so maybe it's time to blow up the Golem. I think I will keep both. I always need more supplies, but the problem is that I have the ability to fill my Main Hall with supplies in the space of about half a day. I'm only needing more whilst I'm using it... which is whilst I am on my way up the Spire. It's a pity we can't collect it after 3 hours.

Pauly7

Magus
Gee Pauly you'd think I was a noobie.
Au contraire. Sometimes more experience makes us want to hold onto things that we know are good, but when they're chapter 1 buildings they become bad so quickly that maybe we keep them for the wrong reasons if we can't upgrade them.

If it's for the theme, etc, though, then say no more. I can appreciate that reasoning.

Hekata

Artisan
You're not wrong. The owl is super cool though, so maybe it's time to blow up the Golem. I think I will keep both. I always need more supplies, but the problem is that I have the ability to fill my Main Hall with supplies in the space of about half a day. I'm only needing more whilst I'm using it... which is whilst I am on my way up the Spire. It's a pity we can't collect it after 3 hours.
That's just the thing, I don't want to "blow up" the Golem, I like to keep the prizes I worked for in my inventory and it's been well over a year that they have been giving us as main prizes only buildings that can't be stored with 1 exception. It also makes those teleport spells much less valuable.

C-Nymph

Necromancer
FA related question for beta players: does anyone recall whether collecting CC spells from moonstone libraries counted toward the Druid Staff badge on beta? I think I recall winning them in spire didn't count, but as my small beta city doesn't have a library yet, I don't know if collection from libraries does.

Pauly7

Magus
FA related question for beta players: does anyone recall whether collecting CC spells from moonstone libraries counted toward the Druid Staff badge on beta? I think I recall winning them in spire didn't count, but as my small beta city doesn't have a library yet, I don't know if collection from libraries does.
Yes they count. I'm pretty sure they count from the Spire rewards too.

C-Nymph

Necromancer
Anyone know what this is about?

Karvest on beta forum wrote: "looking at new spire - seems I can have both Aureate and Storm Phoenix, and Dony would be happy with his +150% attack...", and a little later: "They added another layout of chests with different prizes. Only devs can tell, whether it will be changed again or used as is in the future."

I've been searching the German, Polish and Czech forums, as they usually have the info from dataminers readily available, but I can't seem to find anything about it... Anyone else have any idea, heard rumours, dug some data up themselves...?

By what Karvest wrote, one might think they're thinking of adding artifacts to the spire prizes? But somehow that seems to go against everything they ever said as artifacts are supposed to be and stay very rare...

Piglets For All

Soothsayer
Anyone know what this is about?

Karvest on beta forum wrote: "looking at new spire - seems I can have both Aureate and Storm Phoenix, and Dony would be happy with his +150% attack...", and a little later: "They added another layout of chests with different prizes. Only devs can tell, whether it will be changed again or used as is in the future."

I've been searching the German, Polish and Czech forums, as they usually have the info from dataminers readily available, but I can't seem to find anything about it... Anyone else have any idea, heard rumours, dug some data up themselves...?

By what Karvest wrote, one might think they're thinking of adding artifacts to the spire prizes? But somehow that seems to go against everything they ever said as artifacts are supposed to be and stay very rare...
I'm in the same FS as Karvest over on Beta and he gave us the same information, the Phoenix Artifact would be available in 5 of the chests on the spire, however from the information provided to us I don't know which chests they are and haven't bothered to do more than take note as nothing has arrived or been confirmed.

Pauly7

Magus
I'm not really sure I see what their issue is with supplying more artefacts anyway. So long as they aren't providing extra bases then all they're doing is allowing other people to catch up who didn't have the Phoenixes to begin. If they're giving out 5 a week then the idea would very quickly become obsolete anyway.
and Dony would be happy with his +150% attack...
I think Dony has 200% attack now (4 Fire Phoenixes).

Jackluyt

Shaman
There was a glitch with the re-balanced figures for Watchful Winter Owl - the statistics I posted yesterday (November 16th) were incorrect.
Today's revised graphic shows what now appear to be the correct data.
Read about the Winter Magic event (in Beta right now) here: https://tinyurl.com/y5f62ru3

125549681_10218046337010602_8630703433221440588_o.jpg

Hekata

Artisan
I'm not really sure I see what their issue is with supplying more artefacts anyway. So long as they aren't providing extra bases then all they're doing is allowing other people to catch up who didn't have the Phoenixes to begin. If they're giving out 5 a week then the idea would very quickly become obsolete anyway.

It is a great way to give artifacts to new players. It would be tiresome to have the conversion thing at every Phoenix event plus it always makes those without old phoenixes have to choose whether they want a fully evolved new building or a half evolved old one. I'd really like to have them as prizes since I want to build my last remaining bird (aureat) but once it's done they will be very useless (and for those players who don't want any other old bird they will be useless form the start). But ofc this game is now mostly aiming to new players :)
I suspect those artifacts are going to take the place of the MR and MW. And the library will be replaced by some other set. I just hope it will be +1 or +2 and not fixed to put another type of good now out of balance.

Damyan

Dreamer
Since INNO likes to speak about balancing, maybe they could consider that owl gives sentient +1. It would help to balance supply-demand issue of platinum.