• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Newbie advice

Hevda

Dreamer
Hi I'm new. I've been busy building and trying to open up as much as I can,
Can anyone the me advice on what I should be doing...

Silmaril

Community Manager
Elvenar Team
Welcome to Elvenar @Hevda!
The main guidance as you begin in the game, is very much guided by the quests that you are given. Gameplay also differs between Humans and Elves, with many different play styles possible in the game.
Really it depends on how you prefer to work through the game, do you prefer to use combat, or to cater using goods? as one example.

Julian

Sorcerer
The best advice I can give you is to join a fellowship. A good fellowship will give you loads of advice. If you're in Arendyll, you're welcome to join Mayhem Tavern. You can always post in the forum (down the bottom of the front day) to get the attention of a fellowship in your given world.

Lelanya

Mentor
Welcome:)
One thing that we can tell you is to build only your boosted factories, and for tier1 that is steel; soon to be followed by crystal.

Another tip I have is this: put buildings the short way on a road. Most of your roads run out from the Main Hall, parallel to the original tutorial. Some of your roads need to run the other way, for your trader, houses, and your steel. Your workshops are fine on the type of roads you already have.

Your builders and culture like the Flying Boat do not need roads. Plan a section of your city, up near the Main Hall if possible, for polishable culture. Put big items in corners. You can make room for these changes by selling the dirt paths.

One last thing, and I see that you have started this *great work, by the way*

Keep your city square. Do not make it long or tall, because as buildings change size an awkward shape makes changes harder.

Last edited: