• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered New Year Countdown Event

DeletedUser737

Thank you for asking your question here efi35,

Unfortunately I cannot tell you the answers to the event questions (that would be unfair to everyone else), but I can point you to our wonderful wiki(click) where you may be able to find what you are looking for?

You are of course welcome to ask any other questions or queries you may have here in the forum :)
I mean the answers to questions that have already expired, the deadline:)

DeletedUser815

Dear efi35,

Thank you for your interest in this matter, but unfortunately the answers to the event questions will only be revealed after the event has been concluded.

DeletedUser632

Hi Avatrix ,

Some members of my fellowship wonder when that Christmas challenge begins. Maybe I have not looked enough, but can not find anything about it here neither .

Regards Shadow

DeletedUser815

Dear shadow03,

We currently do not have any event or competition named Christmas challenge. If you are referring to the event we are currently running called The New Year Countdown event, then you will find all the details here (click).

DeletedUser632

Thank you ^^

If I want to post my print screen I get to see this:

The following error occurred
there was a problem uploading your file
elvenar town printscreen.jpeg ,

I already changed it to png , jpg but nothing works :(

what am I doing wrong ??

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser462

Hey @shadows03,

I had the very same issue as you did. Maybe it has something to do with the image size as it finally worked out after a few failed attempts.

Plan B is to use an external site for uploading images such as http://prnt.sc/ which also has a nice downloadable software for screenshots.

There are others, of course, like Gyazo or ImageShack but I have been using the Lightshot for a few years now and it has saved me a lot of time.

DeletedUser240

@shadows03

I too kept getting that error, but the following helped greatly:
As stated in this handy guide located here, the image you are uploading must be no larger than 640 x 480 px or be enclosed in spoiler tags.

Hope that helps!

DeletedUser

I can't find the reply thread I made yesterday to post today's thing :(

DeletedUser873

is print screen the same thing as screen sshot . i did it and nothinh happen, so i guess i'm out of luck on this one

DeletedUser

So .... how do I find my very own thread that I started yesterday with the first answer? I have no clue, and I don't want to have to ask every day for a link to it.

DeletedUser277

Not sure about others, but I am finding this event and the quiz quite fun :p For a start it makes me look-up things that I may not have done before and so helps me learn the game better. Its also nice to get a mix of questions and tasks.

My one regret is that we are not able to confer and make it a team/fellowship event. I quite understand the reason for that; with the individual prizes being offered, conferring is not appropriate.

However, I have a suggestion - I hope that our Elvenar Team will organise a further similar event, after the New Year, which can be a fellowship based event - i.e conferring encouraged, with one response per fellowship. The questions could be harder to encourage discussion and debate. There would not need to be any prizes, we would contend for highest score, although, if the winning team were offered a small token, that would be nice too :rolleyes:

Just an idea and sorry if this strays off topic...

DeletedUser814

Hello Prendyo,

We're pleased to hear that you're enjoying taking part in the New Year Countdown Event! I would also like to take this opportunity to thank you for putting forward your suggestion that in future events we could have a team/fellowship based event because we think this is a great idea that we will definitely consider using in a future event. :)

DeletedUser848

Hey are we getting any feedback? I've answered every question so far and don't see any evidence that they are correct or even registered? Please let me know that I'm participating correctly!? I have clicked the links to make my post as instructed - hope it's fine!