• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

New Year-2021

Herodite

Forum mod extraordinaire
Elvenar Team
Happy New Year My Darlings! :)

Gargon667

Mentor
Happy new year!
i hope not all old players will be quit this game and some new good players come in

Now are you an optimist or just prone to sarcasm?

No, honestly, we´ve had the new tourneys for a half year now, everybody who is not able to deal with it should already have left. And I can´t say I have seen many more old players leave than at any other time since I play. Hardly more than the normal background noise of people coming and going. Of course also the events have become more annoying than helpful, but they have never really been a reason to play the game, so I don´t see them a big reason to stop playing either. Other than that? In the long term I would say the bad chapters and the flawed progress destroying tourney formula are the biggest problem in the game. But chapters carry to OCD, people will do them anyway no matter how useless they are and the flawed formula only affects very few people. How many people have: 7k+ tourney average, 300+ AW levels, and chapter 16+? (I know rough numbers and even people on the good side of that can be affected a bit, but still). So all in all i see no reason why I would expect more people than normal to leave the game.
For the last couple of month on our server I would say more FS than ever have had 25 fellows most of the time and more FS than ever reach 10 chests every week, so less reason for people to leave the lower FS I would guess? Towns in FS that don´t make 10 chests surely don´t care about tourneys at all and they are in the bracket that has greatly diminished difficulty anyway, so if anything they´ll love the new tourneys.

So I think we´re all set for a good new 2021!

Deleted User - 1759805

No, honestly, we´ve had the new tourneys for a half year now, everybody who is not able to deal with it should already have left. And I can´t say I have seen many more old players leave than at any other time since I play. Hardly more than the normal background noise of people coming and going.
I see it very differently. Don't know about EN, but on US servers the exodus of high level players continues. Just yesterday another 2mm+ player (#2 on one of the servers) left the game for good, citing game changes from tournaments, dreadful chapter 17, inability to play on older hardware anymore etc. In the last several months I have seen multiple 1mm+ players (so high commitment ones) leave. I have never seen that churn rate in this segment in the last couple of years that I've been playing. Quite a few of the remaining people are also reaching their own breaking point, also seeing that their friends leave the game.

So I don't see it as business as usual - certainly not for the top segment.

Deleted User - 341074

everybody who is not able to deal with it should already have left. And I can´t say I have seen many more old players leave than at any other time since I play. Hardly more than the normal background noise of people coming and going.
This has not been my experience. Out of 69 FS members (not counting the wife and I), we permanently lost 11 specifically due to tournament changes. 16% certainly didn't feel like background noise to us.