• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

New units and tournament bugged?

alsael

Enchanter
The thing is,does this bug affect other military AW also?like monastery?or the temp military buildings?I mean,if you boost your troops life but at the same time you boost enemy troops life also,what's the point of upgrade these AW,or even having them at all...

DeletedUser8409

Does it really matter if it is new or not? The fact of the matter is there seems to be something happening that shouldn't be happening.
Yes.

If it's a pre-existing but then we are used to it and it should match our expectations for Silk from prior rounds when we didn't realise the bug existed.

If it's new then this tournament will be tougher than we expected.

Either way it should be fixed. But it does matter.

valle

Soothsayer
The thing is,does this bug affect other military AW also?like monastery?or the temp military buildings?I mean,if you boost your troops life but at the same time you boost enemy troops life also,what's the point of upgrade these AW,or even having them at all...

You will still gain some from it. The reason is that you can select troops to match the opposition. That way you will select troops that typically do more damage. And with higer damage you will get more bonus damage than the opposition gets.

DeletedUser7526

So, is it true that the bug affects only opponent attack and the health / defence from uu or mm etc., doesn’t boost opponent.

m4rt1n

Adept
I added a UUU in this weeks silk tourney and did much better in round 2 than round 1, but I changed tactics and mostly ignored opponent mages when selecting troops.

As a human I sent in 5 Paladins for 95% of fights on autofight, and managed fairly easily to do 20 provinces.

Muf-Muf

Elvenar Team
Just wanted to write a short message to let you know that the issue is being looked into by our team. Right now we have no information on what exactly is happening and what we can do to resolve the situation. :)

DeletedUser8632

Just wanted to write a short message to let you know that the issue is being looked into by our team. Right now we have no information on what exactly is happening and what we can do to resolve the situation. :)

Hi @Muf-Muf ,

there is an extensive thread in the German forum: https://de.forum.elvenar.com/index....m-turnier-mehr-schaden-als-sie-sollten.16123/ that outlines the issue very extensively. Inno's Co community manager for the German forum Tacheless has confirmed at least two issues:
a) Any ELR placed will not only buff your own troops but also all light ranged enemy troops. (Players noticed this because the 3* rangers did insane damage in the scrolls tournament.)
b) The Fire Phoenix damage buff is also mirrored onto enemy troops

Beside that, German players also tested AWs and stated that also AW bonus (for example from Victory Springs or Needles) is "mirrored" onto the respective enemy units. I tried to test this as well, the results are earlier in that thread but enemy light range generally did much more damage with a working Needle than without it.

I am thinking that @Tacheless has a lot more detailed information.

P.S. Thank you for changing the title, I tried last night but couldn't find a way.
P.P.S @randblade @Heymrdiedier - the data and experience collected in the German forum unquestionably points at a new bug, introduced with the Chapter 15 update. We can all do some mental self gratification but personally I don't see a point about being right about this being new or old just for arguments sake. I am however very sure that this is NOT as it is supposed to be.

AstralSoul

Illusionist
I am running right now a Dwarven Armorer. I am facing three stars worth of dogs, orcs, and sorc with two-star Treants. I add one or two two-star dogs if there are three or more sorcs... So far did the three first stars for the 12 first regions (only 3-4 bribes total), and the first star until the 17th province (@ dwarves). I did not notice my trees taking more time to kill the enemies, so I assume they still have the same health.

DeletedUser6862

During the last tourney cycle, I've been upping my average tourney score, week by week - it's one of my goals. The current tourney and the last one are reducing it. I have standard tactics and a standard approach and no other evidence to suggest why my progress is being damaged.

It's a problem and the handling of it by Inno - so far - demands a high degree of trust.

DeletedUser6862

In the meantime, under the circumstances, it would be good to see a higher proportion of food available for crafting - that would, at least, help to rebuild troop losses.

DeletedUser9154

This is one of the worst Halloween tricks. And, Saturday, the nightmare becomes alive.
They should know that we aren't their enemies to make this game difficult.
It would be great when we achieve something

Attachments

• 3stars Vs..jpg
    3stars Vs..jpg
    363.4 KB · Views: 154

DeletedUser7105

Well, this is great. It seems that there is much more info about the bug on the German Forum. What are we supposed to do while the team is looking into the issue? I have read nothing on this forum or on the German forum that indicates the bug has been fixed. This is very frustrating for players who look forward to the tournaments. Now, we have to protect ourselves against our own buffs.

In the upcoming Elixir tournament, does the bug affect the attack of the enemy Bandit (also a light ranged fighter like the Ranger)? Should we disconnect our Needles? Also, I noticed (as have others) that the enemy Faineant Frog was much stronger than expected in the recent Scrolls tournament. Is that anomaly part of the bug or was that on purpose? Are there other enemy combatants which have been buffed by the bug/Inno that we haven't discovered?

Why the relative silence on the part of the developers? I realize that we cannot expect any compensation in terms of lost troops or goods secondary to Inno's bug since we had to agree to waive this option just to play the game, but why not tell us exactly what is going on and keep us posted about the expected fix date. Let's be real - it is not that difficult to track down a bug nor is it impossible to fix one or more bugs once identified. The longer Inno waits to make meaningful announcements about this issue, the more players will get fed up and just quit playing (and many of those players buy diamonds).

DeletedUser1874

@Susananna , it's clear that they treat us as second class citizens. They rarely, if ever, grace with their presence when very serious issues are brought to their attention and they're mentioned, and evidently they feel that two lines of an offensively generic answer are enough. Just look at what we've gotten so far in this thread - I couldn't have answered in a more half-assed way even if I actively tried to do so. Silence would be perhaps less insulting than those kind of answers.

Timneh

Artisan
To me that statement says they don't have a clue what the problem is or how to fix it yet.

Deleted User - 384643

In the upcoming Elixir tournament, does the bug affect the attack of the enemy Bandit (also a light ranged fighter like the Ranger)? Should we disconnect our Needles?
No, the "shared" unit in the Elixir tournament is the Drone Rider--not exactly something we have to worry about as it's probably the worse unit that's available to us. Still, since Drone Rider is Light Melee it might be wise to disconnect your Victory Springs, if you have it, when you're doing your tournament rounds.

DeletedUser8409

If this is true they should be telling us and also suspending tournaments until they've figured it out.
No need to suspend Tournaments. This bug has from the sound of it always existed, this week was no harder than prior Silk Tournaments. So should they void every Tournament that has ever happened?

We can continue now with the knowledge this bug exists and choose what to do about it. Either we continue to play same as we always have, or we can skip it and wait until its fixed.

DeletedUser6862

This bug has from the sound of it always existed
There has been a significant change in the last 2 tourneys - they have been considerably more difficult than the same 2 tourneys in the last cycle. This change coincides with the introduction of the latest chapter - perhaps key, perhaps not.

That we should now be disconnecting AWs, not feeding Fire Phoenix and not deploying troop buffs in a effort to minimize the impact of this issue, is absurd but it's all we have.

I don't think many of us will enjoy continuing this nonsense for any length of time without some high profile intervention from Immo.