• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

New units and tournament bugged?

DeletedUser8409

Is this a new bug or has this always been there and we've only just noticed?

FieryArien

Necromancer
This puts the “conspiracy theory about Phoenix making tournaments harder“ into a totally new perspective. Does anyone still remember that some people claimed this right after we got our fire phoenixes? Sometimes people just get the gut feeling that something is wrong and they get it from surprisingly small amount of data. Intuition. I’m really sorry we discarded that suspicion so easily. :-(

DeletedUser6357

Well, this is a truly underwhelming response to a major bug that has a lot of players upset.
Royal Restoration Spell appeared half a year after the game was demolished from the rebalance.
"Fast work is a shame for the master," they say in my country. :D

Deleted User - 384643

That bug makes fire phoenix useless,right?better save pet food for bears....
Just in tourneys where the enemy has the same units (Cerberus, Rangers & Toads) as we do. Other tourneys you can use the Fire Phoenix.

DeletedUser8409

Silk the enemy uses Cerberus, but Hellhounds (like Cerberus), Enchantress (like Sorceresses) and Steinlings (like Golems) should be fine.

I think in most weeks there's one of the four enemies that matches ours.

Deleted User - 384643

^^ Yes, because in Silk tourneys the enemy has Cerberus (which should be the only enemy unit boosted by your Victory Springs, Fire Phoenix and probably also your Sanctuary/Martial Monastery).

Deleted User - 384643

I just checked ElvenGems and apparently EVERY tourney has one enemy unit which we can train in our Mercenary Camp/Training Grounds and therefore will get all the available boosts we have for the same unit because of the bug.
Although there are a couple of tourney, like Steel, where that doesn't matter much.Because in Steel tournament it's the enemy Orc Warrior which get the boosts, and that one is quite easy to kill from a distance.

Gargon667

Mentor
This bug is certainly annoying, but the worst is over for now: Scrolls. In other tourneys the bug will show much less strongly, which is also why the bug was discovered in the scrolls tourney.
Also since now we know about it we can work around it and make the effect even less strong.

So what I gather is: All damage enhancers work on all units that can occur on both sides, except barrack units.

This week is silk. The extra powered troop of the enemies will be Cerberus. (which is already a weaker unit than the ranger). Disconnect the Victory Springs (if you have them) for this weeks tourney, since they boost the enemy, while being of no use for any of your own units this week.

I see a couple options:
1. Play as we used to before the Firebird: Don´t feed it, use treants and UUU. Means you get a completely bug free tourney! Plus: save some Pet food, Con: who has too many UUU?
2. Game play as normal, means feed the bird use it to fight all encounters, with the exception of catering encounters with many Cerberus. Plus: Best tourney performance, Con: expensive catering.
3. Use the fact that Cerberus is low ini and kill them by striking first. So Archers, ELR+Needles+Fire Phoenix, plus side: kills the enemy mages as well, Con: enemy HR units, but you still strike first against them, too. I would say only a technique for advanced players (I never tested this lol, just an idea), especially if you like manual. But might be the best bet, if you don´t have UUU or catering goods, but do have a bunch ELR.

Good luck!

DeletedUser8632

So if I got this right, we shouldn't be feeding Fire Phoenix at the moment for tournaments or spire (fighting in general)?

Is this a new bug or has it been like that always?

Is this a new bug or has this always been there and we've only just noticed?

It is new. Difficult to test now but I am fairly sure it was introduced with Chapter 15. It wasn't as obvious in the Crystal tournament because there weren't as many enemy troops benefiting from ELR and AWs.

its always been there

No, this is incorrect. Why would you think it was always there? Bonus buildings, AWs and Fire Phoenix worked perfectly well before the Chapter 15 update.

DeletedUser8632

Sorry for not posting here earlier. I can confirm that the issue that was reported in the first post (and that was linked from the German forums) has been forwarded by our German team some days ago and is on the list of things to be looked into.

Thank you @Muf-Muf for acknowledging the issue. I understand that under the Forum policies (we all agreed to) there is no provision that bugs or issues would be announced so I do appreciate the nod towards the community.

I would very much appreciate if it was possible to give some feedback on which AWs/combat buildings are affected. Is the health bonus from AWs and the UUU also mirrored to enemy troops?

DeletedUser8409

It is new. Difficult to test now but I am fairly sure it was introduced with Chapter 15. It wasn't as obvious in the Crystal tournament because there weren't as many enemy troops benefiting from ELR and AWs.
What evidence do you have for that?

I genuinely do not know whether it is new or old but I see no reason why the new chapter would have broken the battle system, rather than just introducing new troops that maximised the impact of an existing bug.

Heymrdiedier

Enchanter
No, this is incorrect. Why would you think it was always there? Bonus buildings, AWs and Fire Phoenix worked perfectly well before the Chapter 15 update.
why would you think its new and related to chapter 15? you might remember people complaining that tournament got harder since they got and used the fire phoenix. And they complained long before chapter 15 was even in the picture. The fact that the bug affects units that arent new at all, and have been in game for a very long time also points its not new.

It wasnt obvious in crystal tournament either, if you ask me. We suddenly got 3 star frogs as enemy and they have a debuff thats very good, so it was very normal to have much higher losses, especially since enemys outnumber it all the time.

I cant prove it its not new, just as you cant prove it is new, because we dont have a time machine to go back in time to test. And if we knew in the past, we also would have reported it in the past.

What i can say tho, that my extra accounts who are in chapter 3 and orcs, and have pauzed tech tree for a while now (several months) dont notice any difference in hardness. but ofcourse i dont use any boosters there, so ignore this sentence... :)

Something has changed since ch15 release, I'm getting wiped out in round 1 of the tourney. That has never happened before.
A complete autofight loss in province 6, round 1.
thats scrolls tournament, its always been like that. I cant remember it not being like that if you dont use any boosters.

m4rt1n

Adept
why would you think its new and related to chapter 15? you might remember people complaining that tournament got harder since they got and used the fire phoenix. And they complained long before chapter 15 was even in the picture. The fact that the bug affects units that arent new at all, and have been in game for a very long time also points its not new.

It wasnt obvious in crystal tournament either, if you ask me. We suddenly got 3 star frogs as enemy and they have a debuff thats very good, so it was very normal to have much higher losses, especially since enemys outnumber it all the time.

I cant prove it its not new, just as you cant prove it is new, because we dont have a time machine to go back in time to test. And if we knew in the past, we also would have reported it in the past.

What i can say tho, that my extra accounts who are in chapter 3 and orcs, and have pauzed tech tree for a while now (several months) dont notice any difference in hardness. but ofcourse i dont use any boosters there, so ignore this sentence... :)

thats scrolls tournament, its always been like that. I cant remember it not being like that if you dont use any boosters.
Silk I’m talking about and it has never been like that for me.

valle

Soothsayer
After doing 2 pages (18) of fights I can'rt say that I experience any high losses.
I have fire phoenix on and a dwarven armourer. All AWs are connected.

So this far I think this tournament isn't that affected.