• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

New units and tournament bugged?

DeletedUser8632

It was recently confirmed in the German language forum that the new units and the tournament are bugged. Apparently the new 3* ranger units do substantially more damage than they should. The reason seems that the Enlightened Light Range not only applies the buff to our own troops but to the enemy troops as well.

This was confirmed by Inno

https://de.forum.elvenar.com/index....m-turnier-mehr-schaden-als-sie-sollten.16123/

I would very much like to know why this has not been communicated to other communities, especially since this is a massive screw up and does not only affect players themselves but all fellowships who are struggling to achieve their usual performance.
I would also like to know if this error was already present in the previous tournament and what is been done to redress this.

A summary of what is happening: Several German players confirmed that deleting Enlightened Light Ranges also reduced damage for the 3* rangers. There are speculations that similar issues were already present in the previous tournament but more difficult to pinpoint. Some players stated that they believe that even the Fire Phoenix bonus was applied to enemy troops as well, which would explain why the new Frog Prince units were so difficult to deal with.

Again, this was confirmed yesterday morning by the German community manager. I simply do not understand why something of this magnitude is not communicated to players in other communities.

Last edited by a moderator:

m4rt1n

Adept
Thank you for your insight @tesla333 maybe @Muf-Muf could confirm this and offer some sort of compensation.
We as a fellowship struggled across all chapter level players last week and even more so this week.
Last week we scraped a Blueprint but this week looks like just managing chest 9 completed.
It sure does explain why the tournaments have become suddenly so much harder for players using boosters and feeding the Fire Phoenix.

DeletedUser8632

P.S. Credit for all this goes actually to @Thrakazoga who alerted our FS and to @m4rt1n for following up.

We as a fellowship struggled across all chapter level players last week and even more so this week.

This is absolutely true and incredibly frustrating. I mean, we have players who craft and save combat buildings especially for the difficult ones and stuff like this really punishes the MVPs.

DeletedUser3571

Yes i found this information on Platinum Leaf facebook page and informed my fellowship yesterday. But i also came to the forum looking for an announcement but couldn't find anything, it was disappointing
Just found it as a confirmed bug in beta now, wasn't there yesterday when i checked

OldHag

Necromancer
I don't use ELRs for tournaments but noticed the increased loss in troops this week aswell as last week. I wondered if they'd also increased the enemy SS?

DeletedUser6644

OK, just to confirm the bug: I had decided on an all-in attempt on this tournie in my Arendyll city (Sitticus) and to use mainly light range units, with aid of 4xUUU and 4xELR buildings. Against the orcs, no problems, but rangers are one-shotting my guys on the opening move (despite 4xUUU and level 21 monastery!). My golems are wiped out by enemy rangers - this should not happen with 4xUUU backing them up. After reading on the german forum, I have now disconnected my needles and deleted the 4x ELR buildings. Voila - Golems can win again (tournie round 6). But its not super helpful since my investment was in light ranged units and I will most likely run out of golems.

I filed a ticket with Inno but had no response other than the generic reply. The silence on this issue is deafening! The bug is so easily reproduced for confirmation.

DeletedUser8409

I don't use ELRs for tournaments but noticed the increased loss in troops this week aswell as last week. I wondered if they'd also increased the enemy SS?
I think Fire Phoenix is boosting the new enemy troops and not just your own troops too, do you use Fire Phoenix?

OldHag

Necromancer
I think Fire Phoenix is boosting the new enemy troops and not just your own troops too, do you use Fire Phoenix?

I do feed my pheonix and that would explain some of the bizarre (and I do mean bizarre) losses I've had, where as the ELR does not (for me). I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens on Monday, thanks.

Last edited:

DeletedUser8632

This is an update from the beta forum and the German forum:

• Affected seem to be not only new troops but all enemy troops that are also available in Training Grounds and Mercenary camp. If you get the buff, they get the buff
  • Affected is also the Fire Phoenix (confirmed by Community Manager in the German forum)
  • Despite the German Community Manager stating that this seems not the case, many players tested and confirmed that Ancient Wonder buffs also are also applied to enemy troops
There was a bit of a debate in the German forum about the AW buffs so I did a VERY low sample test (because I am just a small potato and don't have many troops to throw at evil forces) and this is the result:

182 2* Rangers against 3* Sworddancers, with Needles connected and disconnected.

Damage done with:
Needles disconnected / connected
1752 / 2063
1859 / 1980
1601 / 1734
1752 / 2364
1721 / 2337

So it does look indeed like the damage that enemy light range do is highers when your needles are connected.

Also maybe interesting to know: The German Community Manager basically said that they do not know when the bug will be fixed. Maybe it will become a feature and we will get 36KP as compensation?

Another edit: I have NO information if this only affects damage dealing bonuses or if this is also true for the Unleashed Unit Upgrade, Dwarven Armorer or the AWs that buff health points. Does anybody have any information on this? Or maybe somebody could ask in the beta forum, please?

DeletedUser6644

This is an update from the beta forum and the German forum:

So it does look indeed like the damage that enemy light range do is highers when your needles are connected.

I can confirm that I lost the same province 3 times in a row (yeah I know that's kind of dumb) and lost with needles connected but then disconnected it and won (just). I had already deleted my ELRs at this point, but yes, my results confirm yours that needles is boosting enemy attack.

C'mon Inno. Some reaction here would be good. Please either deny our experience or at least confirm that something major is amiss and that you are investigating it. @Muf-Muf ?

DeletedUser8632

I can confirm that I lost the same province 3 times in a row (yeah I know that's kind of dumb) and lost with needles connected but then disconnected it and won (just). I had already deleted my ELRs at this point, but yes, my results confirm yours that needles is boosting enemy attack.

C'mon Inno. Some reaction here would be good. Please either deny our experience or at least confirm that something major is amiss and that you are investigating it. @Muf-Muf ?

Thank you. Any news on your ticket?

DeletedUser1874

Well, this explains a lot of things - except for one, i.e. how me (and others) managed to pull a 16k score by fighting troops armed with high-powered machine guns and kevlar vests using only bows and spears and still come out on top with very few losses. Perhaps @Viskyar could help solve this conundrum. :D

As to a compensation from Inno, it'd be due indeed, but I bet all we'll get is going to be a not-quite-heartfelt apology, seeing as how they didn't even inform us of the issue. And let me say, getting treated like second-class citizens on the international server seems like a rather... odd PR decision - to put it mildly. What do you say, @Muf-Muf?

Killiak

Artisan
Well, this explains a lot of things - except for one, i.e. how me (and others) managed to pull a 16k score by fighting troops armed with high-powered machine guns and kevlar vests using only bows and spears and still come out on top with very few losses. Perhaps @Viskyar could help solve this conundrum. :D

It's very simple. If you throw enough bodies at the issue, eventually the wall of bodies will be so high that you can shoot over them with the bows and spears, but the machine guns can't penetrate anymore. Enough lucky hits = victory!

Deleted User - 384643

Well, this explains why I lost so many fights despite my three ELR, Fire Phoenix and several high level AW boosts. Apparently the enemy got the same bonuses my troops did. Nice bit of programming, Elvenar devs. :(

DeletedUser7950

This is what we old school programmers call copy, paste style programming with poor code documentation on the top. And I guess, if, what German community manager said about fixing this bug is true, then this bug is quite probably at the core of battle engine. Let’s hope they can summon some senior programmer(s) quickly to fix this issue. Fingers crossed.

DeletedUser1874

It's very simple. If you throw enough bodies at the issue, eventually the wall of bodies will be so high that you can shoot over them with the bows and spears, but the machine guns can't penetrate anymore. Enough lucky hits = victory!
This gave me a hearty chuckle and reminded me of the only redeeming part of World War Z. :D

Edit: removed animated image.

I wonder if the powers that be will reply with: functioning as intended
"It's not a bug, it's a feature".

Pauly7

Magus
I know it's the weekend, but it's really concerning that Inno hasn't managed to send us a message to confirm the problem yet, let alone an apology, let alone compensation. For me I wasn't affected too badly last week because we had a downtime week, but that must be so frustrating for those using all their power ups to reach 10 chests. If the crystal tournament last week was affected then I felt it then as troops and goods were all decimated going for 40k.

@Muf-Muf it would be much appreciated if we could have a response on this in the near future. Most importantly will be a confirmation on whether it is safe to use power ups and troops boosting AWs in the silk tournament.