• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Closed | Archived New Tourney not announcing completed badge (on PC)

Sir Derf

Adept
With the new style Badges, there are at least two situations where a single action can contribute to progress in more than one badge.

• Collecting a 24h or 48h T1 Manu contributes to both Bracelets and either Necklaces or Statues.
  • Solving a Tourney Province can contribute to Hats, Marbles and Bottles.
I can confirm with the second, if you complete a Hat, but not a Marble or Bottle, or if you complete a Marble but not a Bottle, the blue exclamation point icon shows instead of the green check, so you might not be aware that you have completed the badge.

I suggest 1 of two possible corrections:

• After any action triggers an increase in a badge subtotal, all badges goals be checked for completion, not just the current one.
  • Or, add a check all badge status timed event to take place every second or two.

Herodite

Forum mod extraordinaire
Elvenar Team
@Sir Derf I've noted this myself so it's something i'll definitely be feeding back. Whether it's something that can be dealt with I'm unsure however if you get a bit trigger happy during a Tourney, there could be a few missed opportunities for Badges there! Constant Vigilance!

Sir Derf

Adept
Programmatically, it can be dealt with. I described two different ways to do that.

Will to correct, that's another thing.

Gargon667

Mentor
Interesting, lucky for me none of these badges put a limit on anything.
lvl 1 factories are highly unlikely to finish a bracelet, so that should very rarely cause trouble.
But the tourney badges should indeed be fixed, especially for those that don´t play that much tourneys, well then again if they don´t play much they could waste time checking after every fight, but still. Sloppy programming needs to be fixed, at least for next FA.

Sir Derf

Adept
When you have a shantytown full of Lvl 1s, it makes sense to try and orchestrate that you use them to finish off a Bracelet when they all come due, so as to minimize overflow. It happens.

BluebellLadybird

Adventurer
It has been my experience for the past 3 F/A's that the green check does not always activate. I just kept an eye on when badges were getting close to completion. I did not worry about it enough to complain.

This is a new situation though and I hope they can fix it.