• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

New Tournament Squad Size/Catering Calculation

• Thread starter Deleted User - 1759805
  • Start date

Laurelin

Sorcerer
@BlueBlou : Thanks very much - that's very kind of you :) ... I *think* that ElvenStats must be returning an out-of-date number (? perhaps because it's refusing to update at my end; I have no idea how it works!), since I had 60 Expansions a week ago and I know I've placed at least one more since then (or even two - my memory is awful). Still, I can always use the Edit Mode method, as you say - at least it'll keep me busy for a while! ^_^

Gargon667

Mentor
do you have a very complicated pattern of placing expansions? if your city is rectangular or close to it, just multiply the two sides (easier to count in expansion-placing mode)? Add or substract a few sticky-outy bits? Mine is 10*13-1. Much faster than trying to load elvenstats lately ;)

Gargon667

Mentor
I guess in my case (a city on the bigger side) it would be easier to actually count the space I have not yet expanded which is 3*13+1 the total area is 13*13. The math looks more complicated, but it is much faster to count, since all I do is count the missing rows (which is 3) and add 1 (for the missing corner) and 169-40 gives the same result... But whatever works...

Thagdal

Sorcerer
The Elvenar wiki has an expansion list for provinces completed....

wiki.JPG

Thagdal

Sorcerer
Show me one city that has an expansion waiting to be placed. Maybe a couple now after the tourny change but i would be very suprised if there were any before.

Gargon667

Mentor
Show me one city that has an expansion waiting to be placed. Maybe a couple now after the tourny change but i would be very suprised if there were any before.

I had 5 not placed expansions before last FA :)

Timneh

Artisan
I had/still have 4 expansions waiting to be placed when i need them and i have had them all since before the new tourney was introduced.

Pauly7

Magus
It happens in smaller cities too, when people can't afford the coins. I remember at least two or three expansions staying in my inventory throughout the Fairies and Orcs chapters because I refused to upgrade to those ugly Main Hall levels and the expansions were more expensive to build than my MH capacity.

A couple of weeks ago in my Beta city I realised I had three province expansions in my inventory and I had no idea they were there. Apparently I hadn't been paying attention to receiving them.

Deleted User - 1759805

I still have 5 unplaced expansions. Several of those are sitting there from before the new tournament became a thing.

Laurelin

Sorcerer
Thank you for the great response, everyone! I probably should have said in advance that I was especially wondering (a) how many initial Expansions are provided at the start of the game (it seems so long ago I can't remember!), and (b) whether these were counted in the 'placed Expansions' total for purposes of the Tournament Formula, since one can't really avoid their existence. Many thanks to everybody for all the really helpful replies! :)