• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

New Tournament Squad Size/Catering Calculation

• Thread starter Deleted User - 1759805
  • Start date

Pauly7

Magus
Maybe you need to refresh it? It doesn't do that automatically when you log in. My numbers match.
You can still refresh Elvenstats? I haven't been able to do that for weeks, maybe months. It just whirrs around for a couple of minutes and says it can't be updated right now.

Weirdly, today Elvenstats now says I have 4 less wonder levels than it thought I had a couple of days ago, so now it's counting 37 less than the real amount.

Hekata

Artisan
You can still refresh Elvenstats? I haven't been able to do that for weeks, maybe months. It just whirrs around for a couple of minutes and says it can't be updated right now.
Yes, I can refresh it, although it often takes a few tries. Just now I've refreshed your page on the 1st try though, and it says you have 226 wonder levels. Does it match your trader number?

AstralSoul

Illusionist
Do a Control+F5 refresh, it might freeze a bit, to a point of doing nothing, but after a few seconds, it starts to load it again, and all little bugs (not able to collect something, etc), will go.

Pauly7

Magus
Yes, I can refresh it, although it often takes a few tries. Just now I've refreshed your page on the 1st try though, and it says you have 226 wonder levels. Does it match your trader number?
Nope. 257. Though it did say 220 before your refresh. It said 224 a couple of days ago.

Hekata

Artisan
That'a so weird. I rechecked and it does show the right levels for both my cities. But Elvenstast does have some weird quirks, for instance it shows I have 0 mana production.

Pauly7

Magus
Many of the stats on Elvenstats are educated guesses. It doesn't really have any idea how much goods we're producing so it uses an average, I think. Plus it doesn't account for any goods not coming out of manufactories.

DeletedUser9861

The recent reduction in influence of expansions got me thinking whether the formula is really multiplicative, because if it were so, the percentage decrease would be the same for all players. Also we wouldn't be seeing negligible decreases like ~2% (assuming Inno decreased the influence by a reasonable amount).

I saw a confirmation from the German CM saying that the influence of other parameters wasn't increased along with decreasing the influence of expansions, i.e. increase in influence of research isn't the reason for the variable percentage decrease in SS. On Beta Marindor said that if you decrease the influence of one parameter, naturally the influence of the others will increase. This makes it sound like the formula is additive instead of multiplicative.

I have no idea how data which fits a multiplicative formula so well can be explained by an additive formula. Maybe we should include some factors which grow at a greater rate than linear? Ranking points seems like a good candidate (or maybe working pop + required cult).

Hekata

Artisan
Many of the stats on Elvenstats are educated guesses. It doesn't really have any idea how much goods we're producing so it uses an average, I think. Plus it doesn't account for any goods not coming out of manufactories.
True, most of those numbers are just an approximation. The site hasn't been updated in a while, for instance a few months ago we got some new avatar but people are using it just get an empty square. Maybe some Aws you haven't been added?

Deleted User - 1759805

I saw a confirmation from the German CM saying that the influence of other parameters wasn't increased along with decreasing the influence of expansions, i.e. increase in influence of research isn't the reason for the variable percentage decrease in SS.
If I'd only have a dollar every time forum mod/CM is outright wrong...

DeletedUser7526

That's right, squad size upgrades are simply not a part of the calculation for tournaments anymore. Not positive, not negative - nothing. The only place where regular squad size is being used now is in fighting map provinces and calculating troop production of AWs. That's all.
I agree that your model for previous spire was pretty accurate.
Wouldn’t it be an assumption that after recent re balancing, optional SS techs are not included. In other words, how do we know for sure that their recent balancing doesn’t include it.

Deleted User - 1759805

I agree that your model for previous spire was pretty accurate.
Wouldn’t it be an assumption that after recent re balancing, optional SS techs are not included. In other words, how do we know for sure that their recent balancing doesn’t include it.
We don't. As right now we don't know what those recent changes are, that could be anything. But realistically, we wouldn't expect general shape of the formula to change. This is possible, but unlikely at this point. Adjustment of coefficient is much more likely scenario.

C-Nymph

Necromancer
My ElvenStats says I have 338 AW levels, while I only have 337 according to the trader. However, one of them is currently upgrading, so that probably explains that. ElvenStats already sees it as completed I think. When I count all levels manually, it makes 338, as the upgrading AW is shown in the AW menu as the level it is being upgraded to, even though it is not finished yet. The trader calculates with completed levels.

Gargon667

Mentor
btw I don´t think elvenstats necessarily has the correct number, unless I have made multiple mistakes (which of course is also possible) I have seen the number off in various towns. Maybe he didn´t add the latest AWs to his list or something? Or it may have been incomplete updates, not sure...
Anyway it should be correct for most smaller towns.

Deleted User - 1759805

My ElvenStats says I have 338 AW levels, while I only have 337 according to the trader. However, one of them is currently upgrading, so that probably explains that. ElvenStats already sees it as completed I think. When I count all levels manually, it makes 338, as the upgrading AW is shown in the AW menu as the level it is being upgraded to, even though it is not finished yet. The trader calculates with completed levels.
That's right, Inno tilts boundary cases in house favor. In the trader, you're getting benefits for extra AW levels, so they don't count AW levels under constructions until completely finished. For Spire/tournament calculations you're penalized for extra AW levels, so they count AW levels under construction as soon as construction starts.

Deleted User - 1759805

btw I don´t think elvenstats necessarily has the correct number, unless I have made multiple mistakes (which of course is also possible) I have seen the number off in various towns. Maybe he didn´t add the latest AWs to his list or something? Or it may have been incomplete updates, not sure...
Anyway it should be correct for most smaller towns.
ElvenStats is usually accurate - as long as it shows that the information is current. To double check, you can load your city in ElvenArchitect (again, assuming that it is current in ES) and check total AW levels there.

DeletedUser7070

@MinMax Gamer , the "Forecast T" did not match the base squad size of 583 I had when the tourney started.
When I simply set the value to 583 (I know its not exact), the "Tournament Calc" Sheet values for the provinces almost matched to the letter! Thanks again for that sheet as it helps a lot to be able to check how far one can get :cool:o_O

maxBMAPVForecastT
776%3831504114583.0

Last edited by a moderator:

RainbowElvira

Sorcerer
My numbers for this week:

maxBMAPVTSSo (ForecastT)
728%407 41020812116781 (770.6 780.3)

Squad sizes:
province 1 round 1: 781 vs. 99 | province 24 round 1: 18742 vs. 32312 - which is in accordance with your province progression table.

Edit: Corrected the mandatory research count to include the last 3 researches in chapter 16.

Last edited:

C-Nymph

Necromancer
Crap, forgot to write down my starting numbers. I’ve done province 1 through 20 to 1 star.
@MinMax Gamer Would it help you if I share my numbers from the rest of the tourney as I take these 20 provinces to 5 or 6 star? Or did you really need the numbers from the first rounds as well?

Deleted User - 1759805

Crap, forgot to write down my starting numbers. I’ve done province 1 through 20 to 1 star.
@MinMax Gamer Would it help you if I share my numbers from the rest of the tourney as I take these 20 provinces to 5 or 6 star? Or did you really need the numbers from the first rounds as well?
@Melianora above confirmed that province ramp up is matching up - this means that you can tell me your data from any encounter! In fact, it is even better to report on the max encounter as it will minimize rounding errors.