• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

New Tournament Squad Size/Catering Calculation

• Thread starter Deleted User - 1759805
  • Start date

Deleted User - 1759805

Hey everyone, it is time to crowdsource some more data, again. Those who want to contribute to figuring out what is in the updated tournament formula can start recording data starting next week. You'll need to know:

- your research progress (chapter # + number of activated mandatory research items for the current chapter)
- total number of placed expansions and how many of those are premium (e.g. how expensive is the next premium expansion)
- total number of AW levels (can be seen in the Trader, or on Elvenstats)
- and max relic boost for small cities (would be 700% later on)

You need to check all these parameters at the time tournament starts, even if you start playing it couple of days later. Once tournament starts, any changes in these parameters will have no impact on the current tournament. You can use template in this post https://minmaxgame.com/tournament-requirements-calculation/. The output numbers probably won't match as they've made some changes recently.

From the tournament itself you'll need your own and your enemy's squad sizes + catering costs. Most likely recording first province and the max province should be enough as I don't think that province ramp up has changed, but if you can record every province that would be great to confirm.

EDIT: Also, please add your Spire squad sizes, and any changes in parameters (above) that happened between the time Spire started, and the time tournament started.

As usual, you can either post here, or just PM me. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

Pauly7

Magus
That's the first time I've ever realised that you can see wonder levels in the trader! :)

FYI, I usually count mine manually (d'oh), but when I checked my city on Elvenstats recently I realised it was understating my wonder levels by 33, which is quite a big difference. I wouldn't rely on it for that.

BlueBlou

Illusionist
Once your trader starts producing seeds, if you put the hand on the Collection Bonus info seed, it will tell you the Ancient Wonders Levels. I could not see this info on the app.

Hekata

Artisan
FYI, I usually count mine manually (d'oh), but when I checked my city on Elvenstats recently I realised it was understating my wonder levels by 33, which is quite a big difference. I wouldn't rely on it for that.
Maybe you need to refresh it? It doesn't do that automatically when you log in. My numbers match.

I must be missing something, where does it show wonder levels in the trader ?
When you hover over the collection bonus number.

Verde

Soothsayer
So, where is the collection bonus number? And presumably this isn't available for cities below Chapter ???

ETA: any chance someone could post a screenshot?

FieryArien

Necromancer
Not in the app, it seems. But I’m the app there is another way. And it works since the middle of the second chapter, after the player researches first wonders:

Open wonders menu -> look for Thrones of the High Men -> tap on the Wonder’s picture -> tap on the culture or ranking info. It shows the number of wonders levels, because that’s how the wonder works. ;-)

Screenshots from chapter 3 city and last chapter city:
6A07E7FE-13BB-4456-A1B2-06708C5DAE9D.jpeg
556DFC68-792B-46EC-86A9-6AFA736A2F31.jpeg

Deleted User - 1759805

Not in the app, it seems. But I’m the app there is another way. And it works since the middle of the second chapter, after the player researches first wonders:
Ha, I learned something new today ;)

DeletedUser7070

Hey @MinMax Gamer , thanks for the sheet, the outcome in next tournament looks miserable :[

Now what I still wonder, is why have the optional squad size upgrades been freed up now.
What kind of impact would researching those now have on the tournament calculations?

Thanks, Cheers,
Meli

BlueBlou

Illusionist
I am confused. It was clearly said that not doing the non compulsory squad size upgrades won’t advantage players anymore in the new system. Not doing those had an effect on the kinds of goods that was requested when catering in the old system. That I could clearly see. Not so sure about the difficulty and type of troops required. From the table given by Silmaril, it looks like catering requirements will be as if you had completed all ss upgrades for the cut-off chapter.

Now, if something is not to your advantage, then it must be to your disadvantage. How come these researches won’t have an impact on the tournament calculations? It feels like it should have an impact on your starter conditions.

Deleted User - 1759805

How come these researches won’t have an impact on the tournament calculations?
That's right, squad size upgrades are simply not a part of the calculation for tournaments anymore. Not positive, not negative - nothing. The only place where regular squad size is being used now is in fighting map provinces and calculating troop production of AWs. That's all.