• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

New to the concept of forums

• Thread starter Deleted User - 849088745
  • Start date

Deleted User - 849088745

Admittedly I have really never relied on a forum in general for any game. I have always gathered the information I needed from other players in a game or from looking it up myself to learn it. Not to sure what benefits forums offer or their purpose when it comes to games. Open to ideas, explanations, and tips on how to use forums to benefit gameplay beyond simply asking questions and joining a fellowship.

Pauly7

Magus
Hi @JesterVI welcome to the forum. I'm sure you will find it useful if you play Elvenar a lot. 99% of players never come here so naturally a lot of fellowships don't benefit from the thoughts and ideas here - save for what makes it into an official game announcement.

Julian

Sorcerer
If you follow the beta thread, you can find out what is coming up in advance of official announcements. Very good for planning.

Deleted User - 849088745

If you follow the beta thread, you can find out what is coming up in advance of official announcements. Very good for planning.
that explains how some of my fellowship members get info on upcoming events

Deleted User - 849088745

Hi @JesterVI welcome to the forum. I'm sure you will find it useful if you play Elvenar a lot. 99% of players never come here so naturally a lot of fellowships don't benefit from the thoughts and ideas here - save for what makes it into an official game announcement.
I already know the whole only build boosted goods and trade for the rest and our fellowship is stocking up on workshops for the upcoming event however is there a specific thread that gives more extra insider benefits?

Pauly7

Magus
I already know the whole only build boosted goods and trade for the rest and our fellowship is stocking up on workshops for the upcoming event however is there a specific thread that gives more extra insider benefits?
Look for the thread called something like "News from Beta". That's where stuff gets posted in advance of it coming onto Live... or otherwise you can look at the Beta forum too.

You tend to be able to see what the game updates are going to be a day before they go live too, by checking the release notes threads that @Silmaril posts.

erebus

Seeker
There are people I know playing Beta, we get news that way. I always thought of forums (fora?) as being a good place to share ideas and observations about the game, with other fans of the game, rather than being tempted to talk at my friends who don't play *chuckle*

It's much more rewarding to be enthusiastic about something you enjoy with others who share that enthusiasm :)

Gargon667

Mentor

Check out the "Did you know" section for some more basic ideas on various subjects!

If you have more specific questions just go ahead and ask in the questions section.

Depending on your FS you can get more quantity or even more quality of advice here. Although the forum here attracts a certain subgroup of players and is not representative of the big majority of players I suppose, so quality may be a relative term...

I personally just have fun talking about the game (preferably strategy) with people that seem to enjoy it too. And while doing so one always gets new ideas on how to do things better or simply differently.