• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

New service

Toursy

Alchemist
Hello,

After playing for some months now, I found out that I like better the design of human. As you know this game is a game of patience, so for me it's quite out of consideration to start over with humans.

So I was thinking, why wouldn't it be possible to change from Elf to Human or Human to Elf with a service asking for some diamonds?
I'm sure this could interest more than my only person.
What do you think about it ?

Julian

Sorcerer
The problem with this is that you wouldn't just be changing the appearance of the buildings. Some of them change size and shape, so your city wouldn't fit.

BlueBlou

Illusionist
They can put back everything in inventory.
Potential abuse if everything was put in inventory without having to use scarce teleport spells. I can just see people changing between race again and again to get an uncluttered base if they run into trouble with their city layouts. Not even speaking about everybody going to go this route before a FA.

You say you have been playing for some months now. Probably not too late to ask Support to change your race. Yes, you will have to start from scratch again, but it should go faster as you know the basics by now. You will still have your player name even though your city may be new. As this is a long term game, I would do it if I was you. Don’t know if you can keep the diamonds you already accumulated, you will have to ask Support about that.

m4rt1n

Adept
Start in a new world on the same server with the same account then you keep all diamonds anyway between both worlds and you can always play both.

Herodite

Forum mod extraordinaire
Elvenar Team
Hi @Toursy because of the complexities involved with all of the lovely Buildings we have, I cannot see how a switch would be plausible, however as @m4rt1n pointed out, there is the opportunity to have the best of both worlds if you so wish. It would require you to start from the very off however you may find it rewarding helping them to evolve from their humble beginnings :)

Kind Regards

Herodite.

Toursy

Alchemist
Since it's a paying service I would think the potential abuse would be very limited. In Foe they even provide the possibility to redesign the city as you want at any time and for free. Yes they don't have FA, but in a city builder game I would expect the rearrangement of building to be easier like in FoE since it's a core feature in the game.

I didn't know we could have two worlds in the same server, however I do not plan to start over since I've been playing for over a year and I don't see myself going through the same process again. Especially, as they said in the recent live Q&A, the only difference between humans and elves are purely esthetic/aesthetic. So the experience would be mostly the same.

But thanks for the answer ! :)

Alcaro

Necromancer
actually on international server (en server) there are 3 realms - Arendyl - en1, Winyandor - en2, Fellyndral - en3 (which - as names - exist also on all servers and the US server has even more realms/ worlds)

Herodite

Forum mod extraordinaire
Elvenar Team
I remember when I first signed up. I must have spent 20 Minutes trying to figure out how I wanted to go... I love the idea of both worlds but my Fantastical Mind eventually won (as it always does) and I went the way of the Elves :)

Gargon667

Mentor
I went for Elves too because I thought I follow the name of the game. I made a Human a bit later just to see how it is to play them. I enjoy playing both of them :)

If I wanted to be human I wouldn´t play a fantasy online game, I´d leave the house and go work, or whatever these humans tend to do ;)

And Orcs were not an option unfortunately :(

Gargon667

Mentor
Especially, as they said in the recent live Q&A, the only difference between humans and elves are purely esthetic/aesthetic. So the experience would be mostly the same.

Well the military is quite different and most people tend to think that humans have a better military... the city building part is not really a big deal though.

m4rt1n

Adept
Well the military is quite different and most people tend to think that humans have a better military... the city building part is not really a big deal though.

Especially early in the game, the elves barracks troops suffer badly compared to humans, but it evens up with the unlocking of the training grounds and mercenary camp.

Gargon667

Mentor
Especially early in the game, the elves barracks troops suffer badly compared to humans, but it evens up with the unlocking of the training grounds and mercenary camp.

More like when all the units get 3 stars...
And even then you have a better distribution between the production buildings as a human. Priests/Pala in the barracks, Ranger/Frogs in the Merc Camp vs elves: Ranger/Blossom/Frog/Vallorian in Merc Camp and Golem in the barracks.