• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

New round of Fellowship Adventures

Silly Bubbles

Necromancer
I think it's time to start giving Inno clear messages. They're probably quite confused what is going on. If we play based on how we actually feel then it should be clear to them what we like and don't like. When we're doing something that we say we hate, they are not getting clear feedback on what is going on and might think that complaining is just to get likes or attention rather than genuine feedback.
To make it clear to them, our actions need to align with our words. When we don't like it then we don't play it, when we like it then we play it. I suppose when we like the result of the action, the actions is not that bad when it's worth it. So even when we play it just for the rewards, it means that the action is worth the result. If we hated all of it, we wouldn't do it at all.

Maillie

Spellcaster
If we had a way, other than sheer luck, to get teleport spells I wouldn't mind the FA. When the FA comes back to back after events it's a problem in Chapter 20. The guest race settlement buildings are massive and expensive, with each costing over 100,000 seeds, 54,000 orcs, and considerable amounts of ascended goods, plus chapter goods. We can't just rebuild them every few weeks to lay down a tent city for another FA. Whenever I need the teleport spells the most is when they seem to never appear. Why can't they be something that someone can reasonably work for? We don't all have the type of fellowship that gets to the top of the Spire every week.

Last edited:

Hekata

Artisan
I think it's time to start giving Inno clear messages. They're probably quite confused what is going on. If we play based on how we actually feel then it should be clear to them what we like and don't like. When we're doing something that we say we hate, they are not getting clear feedback on what is going on and might think that complaining is just to get likes or attention rather than genuine feedback.
To make it clear to them, our actions need to align with our words. When we don't like it then we don't play it, when we like it then we play it. I suppose when we like the result of the action, the actions is not that bad when it's worth it. So even when we play it just for the rewards, it means that the action is worth the result. If we hated all of it, we wouldn't do it at all.
I agree about the mixed messages but it's not that simple. Most FS are made of a mix of players who really like FA, those who like it but not too often, those who just want the artfacts and does who don't like it at all. So most FS will play FA to a certain degree. You can't coordinate most players or even most FS to ignore it.

Besides I'm not sure that the message we want to send is we hate FA. I think most player just want fewer FAs. Like 4x a year is more than enough. That way players and FS who are really into it can have more time to build theirs stocks of time booster, teleports and other items, those who like them but not too often will also enjoy them, and those who really don't like them might be willing to help out more the FS since it doesn't disturb their city too often.
The competition might also be more interesting. I remember when FA started it was maybe 3x per year and it was so exciting, like the Olympic Games of Elvenar. Now it's just another event that comes too often.

I really like FA, but I just can't be excited about them when they are almost every month. Every time we have a longer break from them I'm super excited and can't wait for it to come.

So how do we get the message across that we like them but only if it's 4x per year (it seems to be the number most players agree on)?

Silly Bubbles

Necromancer
So how do we get the message across that we like them but only if it's 4x per year (it seems to be the number most players agree on)?

If you don't like it, don't play it and giving feedback that aligns with your actions is great too. If you like the rewards or helping others to get the rewards then it's worth it and keep playing it. They will get the message through the game logs and feedback.
It's the same thing as with tournaments and Spire, when you think that the rewards are worth the effort then you try harder, when you think it's not worth it then you don't do it. Being stuck in the middle is hard so I'd recommend to choose to play or not play and be happy with your decision. Of course, nothing is perfect so I wouldn't let the little imperfections spoil the day as long as you think that you made the right decision.

Laurelin

Sorcerer
I've got my eye on you!! :D:cool::D

@Herodite : AHA!! I may be forgetful and lackadaisical in replying (ooh, I like that! Must remember to use it more often!)... but likewise! QED? :cool:

... Hope all's well in Enigmatically Charged Senior Mod World...! ;)

kimkimkim

Summoner
You might not find anything on how many troops you need to make a badge per chapter because as most everybody is training troops all day, we never seem to run into any problems making troop badges and much, much more than needed

Jake65

Sage
I agree with @kimkimkim , it's not a badge that causes us any worries.
If you think you might struggle, focus on training light melee and/or light range troops, the number of those per training slot is the highest.
Check your barracks, training grounds and mercenary camp as they differ slightly as to whether melee or range is higher.

EDIT: I was wrong all this time about training LR and LM for their higher number, all troops add the same maximum number to the badge.
See @MinervaOz post below.
We live and learn :)
Now I just got to figure how to gently break it my mages that they're nearly 6x fatter than an LR :D

Last edited:

MinervaOz

Enchanter
If you think you might struggle, focus on training light melee and/or light range troops, the number of those per training slot is the highest.
Check your barracks, training grounds and mercenary camp as they differ slightly as to whether melee or range is higher.

I'm fairly sure this isn't an issue because the required troop number takes 'weight' of troop types into account. This is certainly true for event quests - for instance if the requirement is for 1000 troops, you need 1000 of (eg) rangers, which have a 'weight' of 1 in a squad, or 250 priests, which have a weight of 4. (The same rule applies to training size, which is why you appear to train fewer mages per training slot than LR). I haven't observed this directly in FAs but I doubt it's any different.

Jake65

Sage
I haven't observed this directly in FAs but I doubt it's any different.
I tried this out and you're spot on correct.
7000 LR count for 7000 as does +/-1200 HM. Same applies to HR and mages, they all add 7000 to the badge regardless of the number shown in the training slot.
Thanks @MinervaOz